Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
I don’t think Mangaka even like to do CP. I mean it is already hard enough to do 17-19 pages a week without CP which are really time consuming if you do them right.
I have seen Kubo doing a Ichigo portrait in color in a very short amount of time. Does anyone have the Link to it?
Mangaka are paid by the page, they are paid more money for color pages - so the more color pages an artist draw per year, the higher the salary. Mangaka want to do as many color pages a year as Shueisha will let them. Bleach gets more than other series because of how reliable Kubo is - he never takes break, submits every chapter on time, and always submits nice pages.
Bleach color pages are fantastic, other than Bleach hate I can't understand why anyone would dislike them. They are always well drawn, well composed, and creative. I think that Naruto and Sket Dance are the only current manga with better color pages.
i am late to the party but..
based on Kaiten and other people's explanation, that means the content of the magazine is leaked a week before the official release date. x__x;;
Gee, if i were a WSJ staff i would be concerned. I heard they sent c&d order to raw providers, so i assume this is a big problem for them. But maybe Edited Mangas don't pose much threat because i have an impression the majority of Japanese ppl don't understand English (i didn't mean offense to anyone here). And if i were a japanese i wouldn't like reading fan translation anyway (because they tend to be less accurate than the original).
I wonder when do subscribers get their copies...
Early raws present a real problem for Shueisha. At one point 60% of Mangahelpers traffic was from Japan, they were coming to read raws when Kylara or (later) Vic posted them on Friday. In the spring of 2010 Shueisha placed a blurb on the Jump TOC page essentially threatening raw providers, saying how annoyed they were in no uncertain terms. That is what prompted us to remove raws and prompted the closure of raw paradise. Mangastream does not release their raws publicly so non-English speakers have to wait until public raws are available, later in the week, but still earlier than available to the Japanese public. Edited Mangas are blamed for declining sales of licensed manga, which conveniently was not a problem until the economy crashed. Raws are the problem, and one that publishers are truly pissed off about, in the domestic Japanese market.
---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------
Oda does that. He takes good enough breaks through out the years. It seems his breaks really became more present in 2010 with Strong World, though the number of breaks is more present after 2006 a year where he did not take a break.^^
He always takes a break near the end of an arc, or right after. He's averaged about four or five weeks off a year since I started reading. He did take a two week break between the end of the War and beginning of Part II, something I don't recall him doing before. But I am not sure where the angst is coming from right now, taking breaks here and there is something he has been doing for years.