Question Hi! New member here! :)

DigitalChico

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:amuse
I guys my name's Rafael I'm 18 and I'm a new member of this site just joined today and sounds like a great site. I'm an amateur manga illustrator been working on a manga for 5 years now. Anyway can anyone here tell me what exactly is done on this website? I want to be published in Japan some day since I live in the U.S but I don't speak japanese that much, so I guess translating my manga was a great idea. So my question is, is this site to translate manga from english to japanese? or from japanese to english? sorry if this si the wrong section of forum I'm just confused for I'm new to this :P​
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hello, Rafael. Welcome to MangaHelpers. :amuse

Anyway can anyone here tell me what exactly is done on this website? I want to be published in Japan some day since I live in the U.S but I don't speak japanese that much, so I guess translating my manga was a great idea. So my question is, is this site to translate manga from english to japanese? or from japanese to english? sorry if this si the wrong section of forum I'm just confused for I'm new to this :P
You can read in detail what MangaHelpers' purpose is in this thread. Our main goal is to help translators, help those who seek help in translating, and those who simply want to read translations of their favorite series. We used to help in Edited Manga world as well, but due to certain issues it was removed.

Further about your question, we provide a place for any translators to ask for help and help others, including Japanese translators. There are certain members who can translate Japanese to English, but there are also members who translate from many languages to English or from English to another language. Depends on what you need. ^^

You can meet up with some translators by going to this section (read each thread's first post to see more details about the translators) or here for a more complete list. You can make a recruitment for translators here if you need.

I hope it helps~ :)
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Hello and welcome:party...I want to add a bit more to phio's post, but first it's best to check out those links she posted.

I would like to link this section, though: Translators' Academy....this is where translators post their questions, or where more experienced translators offer guides and help for beginners.
Since manga is originally a Japanese product, EN -> JP translations are pretty much non-existent, since the general public is in need of the english version.

However that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist...if you wish to translate UR manga to Japanese, you can definitely try and post the translations, however getting Translator status might be problematic...we will consider it though, and we will come back to you about this, if you want to start translating.

If you want to get your work known to us, there are several places that are worth visiting here...
First we have Artists' Studio and Fanfics and Stories sections, where you can polish your storytelling and drawing skills.

But if you already have the skills and want to spread your work, then please start a thread for your work in the Amateur Manga section.

Otherwise we have general manga discussion forums, we also have several forums for specific titles, of every genre. But if you plan to stay around you are most welcome to stay here in the Members' Zone, and get to know our community.

There are many sections here, you can find lots of things to talk about and read about, so enjoy your time!:cheerbunny
 
Top