The Molokidan Thread~! | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Molokidan Thread~!

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
I wish! Unfortunately I haven't graduated yet. I still have a handful of stupid paperwork and the rest of my dissertation to go through. I'm almost there, though!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Accelerator

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Hey there, one quick question do you still have the scripts for Toshiue no Hito chapters 40 and 41, since I don't think they are available anymore. I PM'ed you about this before I knew about this thread - sorry, didn't mean to bother like that - I just want to finish this project, or at least the ending, so I can stop OCDiing about it. I haven't slept a whole night in over a week and since this is on your projects page I thought is was worth a shot.

Please, I'm on my knees here.

Last edited:

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
I answered your question in a PM.

miaka_fr

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello. Just wanted to know if you are going to translate One Piece again as I notice you stopped it for Mangastream. Hope it's just a break.

Thanks & Cheers

xxx

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
I have quit fan translating.

raghu2345

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Huh, 1672 translations is humongous contribution to MH. I mean, we, ordinary translators can't reach even 1/16 th of your translations.
Good job. The hardwork brought me to tears. ;)

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Thanks raghu!

raghu2345

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My name is Sakura, not raghu, thats my weird nick. :P

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
暑中お見舞い申し上げます。(Greetings from Kyoto )

edit: I forgot to mentioned... I went to the Manga Museum. Thanks to your suggestions, I had low expectiations when I visited the place. It was more like a manga libary. Their old ghost story telling event was ok though. :)

Last edited:

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Well, just posting an update here. I am back from my retirement. Turns out...retiring wasn't a very good idea for me. So, I'm back and open to projects! Looking forward to another great year of manga translating in 2012!

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back molokidan!

Hope you enjoyed retirement. Now, will you pick up translating One Piece and Fairy Tail again please? :worrybunny

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome back, molo. I'm sure a lot of members will be excited to hear the news. :^_^

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Thanks goldb and mikkih!

To answer your question, goldb, I'm currently working on OP for MangaStream. Fairy Tail may be in the future, we'll see.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks goldb and mikkih!

To answer your question, goldb, I'm currently working on OP for MangaStream. Fairy Tail may be in the future, we'll see.
:woo

God that's a big relief. No offence to their Anonymous translator but I kinda got used to having some continuity with OP chapter releases.

What other mangas are/will you be doing?

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
As of now, Hunter x Hunter and Naruto as well. More may come in the future, who knows!

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome back! Its great to see a translator like you back in the game. ^^ Hell, if it hadn't been for your encouragement when I first started a while back I might have given up translating. You're like the Shanks to my Luffy, or the Kaito to my Gon. :-P Either way it's awesome to have you back and translating. If it's not a chore to answer, what made you decide to dust off the ol' translator boots and keep walking down that long road?

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Thanks Bomber. I'm glad to see you're still translating as well.

As for what made me come back, well, I've always loved translating, and some friends needed some help, etc. I'd see any real point to "retiring," even if I slow down so that I only translate one chapter a year, I think I'll always translate manga in some capacity. I've been doing so long, it's hard to stop.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Bomber. I'm glad to see you're still translating as well.

As for what made me come back, well, I've always loved translating, and some friends needed some help, etc. I'd see any real point to "retiring," even if I slow down so that I only translate one chapter a year, I think I'll always translate manga in some capacity. I've been doing so long, it's hard to stop.
I can understand that. It feels like a chore sometimes, but I don't think I could ever completely stop translating. Its nice to have you back though. I'd say keep up the good work, but I doubt you need a reminder.

Zach Logan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I private messaged you, but just in case it didn't get through, I was wondering if you'd like to come on The One Piece Podcast (http://onepiecepodcast.com) to discuss the recent changes at Mangastream and your work on One Piece to date. Let me know (or email me at OnePiecePodcast@gmail.com). We want to get both sides of the debate concerning Edited Mangas and the new digital frontier in manga, and since you're a veteran, we'd love to have you on.

Thanks!