Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Does anyone know what happened to Takahashi Ichirou? I never read Volleyball Tsukai Gouda Gou but I really liked Obake Life, a one shot he did in 2009.
I remember that he did an one shot called Uchuu no Sparrow on the end of 2009 or the beginning of 2010. Ever since then, there are no news about him.
 

gananime

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
105
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I think the last three successful sport series that Jump had were Tennis no Oujisama, Mr. Fullswing, and Eyeshield 21.
And what about Slam Dunk?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

And what about Slam Dunk?
I meant for when Jump serialized three successful series at same time; those three series are serialized together in Jump from mid-2002 to mid-2006. It is nothing to do with Slam Dunk.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I remember that he did an one shot called Uchuu no Sparrow on the end of 2009 or the beginning of 2010. Ever since then, there are no news about him.
I forgot about Sparrow. I never read it either, may have to at some point.

And what about Slam Dunk?
Gone long before the manga he was referring to began.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It looks like Haikyuu's artwork has changed as compared to one shot. I, personally, prefer the artwork from one shot.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The art for the PV looks a little gentler than the one shot. The one shot is more obviously in the style of Yotsuya.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The art for the PV looks a little gentler than the one shot. The one shot is more obviously in the style of Yotsuya.
Yeah, I actually like Yotsuya's style of artwork, so I was hoping that he stick with that artwork.

Also, Hamada's new series' picture kind of resembles Kawashita's artwork.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

isn't that sasuki ? why is he there with even a bigger image than naruto ?!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah, I actually like Yotsuya's style of artwork, so I was hoping that he stick with that artwork.

Also, Hamada's new series' picture kind of resembles Kawashita's artwork.
I didn't even notice that, right next to Sasuke. The pose is very Kawashita, the character design too. I'm not going to form to many opinions based on a PV though. I will probably read it anyway. Haikyuu too. I never actually read Yotsuya.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So we lose a fantasy romcom for a fantasy romcom? Well I like the art, we'll see how this goes.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I wonder if anything will be canceled in issue 12. I would assume St&rs but I am not sure there are enough chapters to cancel it yet, I think it is five or six chapters short. I could be wrong though.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I wonder if anything will be canceled in issue 12. I would assume St&rs but I am not sure there are enough chapters to cancel it yet, I think it is five or six chapters short. I could be wrong though.
St&rs can be axed is Issue 12 because the volume space can be filled by the one shots from two authors.
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I wonder if anything will be canceled in issue 12. I would assume St&rs but I am not sure there are enough chapters to cancel it yet, I think it is five or six chapters short. I could be wrong though.
Ending ST&RS at issue 12 would have it ending at chapter 31, which would leave them 3 chapters short by my count. That space should be pretty easily filled by either a one shot, or a by a longer final chapter run in Jump Next like we've seen from some other series recently.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So volley-ball and romcom. Oh Magico you're lucky.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

isn't that sasuki ? why is he there with even a bigger image than naruto ?!
It's kind of awkward as Naruto needs to be there too, so he was squeezed into the space to cram two people into it. It's a little unusual but not unheard of. Naruto has for example shared the WSJ cover with Sasuke before too, and Sasuke has even been the central focus there before. In this case it ties in with his position in the story, and Kishi obviously wants to use it to build up more hype as Sasuke is a highly popular character only second to Naruto himself. If people see his face in more places they will get more hyped for the continuation of the story.
 
Last edited:

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Well, we haven´t a new volleyball-manga for long time. I will give "Haikyuu-!!" a chance, since it isn´t 100th soccer- or baseball-manga.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

isn't that sasuki ? why is he there with even a bigger image than naruto ?!
It has something to do with the chapter.

So the name of the manga with the two girls is Pajama na Kanojo? Can't say I''m angry about another manga with Kawashitas style.

The site[comipedia] still has Eyeshield 21, Mx0 and on the page for WSJ, not really up to date.^^
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Wooow.. Just looking at the first chapter of this so called Bleach Last arc I get the feeling this is yet another rip off of Saint Seiya.. Heck even the "Holy War" is the main event in Saint Seiya´s last arc.. I mean Lost Canvas (Saint Seiya spin-off) is based in the previous "Holy War" in the SSuniverse..

I am not surprised Kubo has been taking its plots from SS since a long time ago (At least IMO), should have taken them from a better writter than Kurumada (And this comes from a Kurumada fan) since his plots become repetitive after a certain number of volumes (Around 20).
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

January 30 - February 5 / Jump Comic Rankings

01. - One Piece #65 (1,934,961 / 1,934,961)
02. - Naruto #59 (668,680 / 668,680)
04. - Gintama #43 (209,760 / 209,760)
05. - Toriko #18 (197,054 / 197,054)
06. - Nurarihyon no Mago #20 (136,232 / 136,232)
07. - Sket Dance #22 (111,115 / 111,115)
17. - Kochikame #178 (33,129 / 33,129)
21. - One Piece #64 (27,701 / 3,026,263)
23. - Magico #04 (26,340 / 26,340)
30. - Enigma #07 -FIN- (21,591 / 21,591)

- Kurogane #02 and Inumaru Dashi #09 are not in the top 30
 
Last edited:

BianchiChrome

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
111
Age
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hello! :amuse

Did we ever get the rankings for the chapters for the current issue of Shonen Jump this week? I wonder where everything ranked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top