Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, you should check it out too. No where near as good as their last album, but still good. There are a couple songs that are actually pretty annoying, but overall good for the most part.

I think my favorite is "All Alright".
Yeah, I think you mentioned it elsewhere?

It's better than We Are Young? :gwah
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
The tune isn't as catchy and good as "We Are Young", but I do like the lyrical content slightly better.

"We Are Young" is an extremely close second. Plus, We Are Young has been out for several months now so I've listened to it a lot more and that over-playing factor is coming through a little bit. :sweat I tend to do that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know if I consciously stop listening to things because I overplay them, I just go through cycles with certain music I suppose. Depends on my mood too...obviously.

Gotye's newest album is the shit though. I'm betting you've listened to it though...I can never get ahead of you :notsure
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Goyte definitely delivered in the most recent one for sure.






Dad wants to claim me on his taxes as student dependent.

:notsure

*researches*

Student must be under 19 if not a full time student. *was not under 19 last year... at all*
Student must be under 24 if full time student. *was only full time for half the year*
Student must live with claimer for more than half the year. *hasn't lived with dad for more than 7 years*
Claimer must support more than half of student's expenses for the year. *has only received money for some of textbooks from dad. No tuition, living expenses, or even child support*

:notsure what brand of crack dad is smoking, but don't think it's the good kind.

*send email highlighting all of stipulations, since he misses all of them, also tells him I went ahead and filed as independent (even though I haven't because I might let my mom claim me since she HAS paid for at least room&board)*

:fail *sigh* Why am I having to waste my time on this shit when I have a lab report due tomorrow and lab prep for ochem to finish.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Not to mention, I get $400 less on my tax return if he claims me. :cookiehand
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What the hell is with him? :neutral ...he's at least not being persistent about it is he?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I've been asking myself that since I was 16 years old.

And considered he can now claim his wife and her four kids as dependents (not to mention one of my little sisters...which is fucked up because he doesn't pay child support), why does he even need to go through the hassle of trying to claim me? :fail No one claimed me last year, so it's not like he should be missing anything. And don't get me wrong, my dad is farrrr from financially unstable. I heard him bragging about thousands and tens of thousands of dollars he has in foreign investments that no one can touch at my sister's wedding. It would be a whole different story if he was having trouble or if he had actually paid some of my tuition or helped me out with my car.

My sympathy for him has dipped below zero at this point. As annoyed as I am, I don't want to end up yelling at him on the phone again. But he completely deserved it last time. :-_-
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You can claim a child as a dependent even if you don't support them? What the hell is with our tax laws? :blink

:s

I would agree...I know they say honor thine mother and father, but in this situation patience has got to be quite the commodity :/
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
My mom got to claim my youngest sister, and my dad claimed the oldest three. He's sued my mom though, and has it so that she's paying him child support. He still gets to claim my second to youngest sister though.

....Even though we all lived with her. So much :fail

My dad has done some pretty messed up things in the past few years and I know now more than ever that he isn't a good person. I love him because he's my dad and that comes with the instinct of being a daughter, but I in no way like him. My deepest gut feeling makes me love him, but every other part of me pretty much hates him. I think I've said it a million times, but divorce does horrible things to people. The only thing is trying to figure out if he's always been this way and the process exacerbated it, or if he changed into it from something different. I'd like to think he wasn't always like this.



So I guess your thread is the new hipster Win Thread and mine is the Neo Confessional Thread.

Anyone else want to make some confessions while we're here? :rofl
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So I guess your thread is the new hipster Win Thread and mine is the Neo Confessional Thread.

Anyone else want to make some confessions while we're here? :rofl
You're putting more work into it than I am...:oh

...no...I think you outdid yourself...any other confession would seem lacking :derp
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
:moon
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I confess I've seen worse situations, my best friend is an unfortunate victim of divorced parents and all that...so you are holding up great I think. UR kickass:cheerbunny
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I've seen worse situations, my best friend is an unfortunate victim of divorced parents and all that...so you are holding up great I think. UR kickass:cheerbunny
There are situations so much worse. I have it so good compared to others, that's doubtless. That light of thinking has some relief in it, but in the end it doesn't change the circumstances or the feelings surrounding it. You know?

Having divorced parents really sucks, but it isn't uncommon anymore. I just don't see why divorce is such a harsh and hate-filled process when it doesn't have to be. The parents often loose sight of how they're affecting their children when they should be setting an example of how falling out of love or having something not work out doesn't have to end with an atomic bomb on peace and being civil.

I'm glad you think I turned out alright regardless, Bene. XD

Don't act like it's anything new, Garbear. :3c Bad kitties get the spoon, you would know. :teehee
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, yeah...you turned out decent :sclap .....:teehee

The amicable split is less common than the situation you had and even the "stay together for the kids but obviously have a loveless marriage". I'm aware of the latter in a few cases and it can be just as damaging.

Don't act like it's anything new, Garbear. :3c Bad kitties get the spoon, you would know. :teehee
I do? :cookiestare





But I thought you knew I like the leather belt more Mistress Dirty Bird :?bunny






Or is "like" the point here :3c
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
There are situations so much worse. I have it so good compared to others, that's doubtless. That light of thinking has some relief in it, but in the end it doesn't change the circumstances or the feelings surrounding it. You know?
Yeah, I guess so...I really can't say anything to this, cuz I haven't been through such things...I'll take your word for it:p
Having divorced parents really sucks, but it isn't uncommon anymore. I just don't see why divorce is such a harsh and hate-filled process when it doesn't have to be. The parents often loose sight of how they're affecting their children when they should be setting an example of how falling out of love or having something not work out doesn't have to end with an atomic bomb on peace and being civil.
It doesn't have to be....but people are selfish you know...and some people just aren't capable of deeper emotions...but falling out of love after you have children is very much alike an atomic bomb.

As I said I haven't had any personal experience in such matters, but....I've been in relationships...and when it ends, it's frustrating, that's pretty much the basic idea...now multiply that with infinity by adding marriage, and children to the idea...the frustration is immense, and leads to hatred and such, so in a way I find that understandable.

But I agree on the fact that at least be civil...there's no excuse for not being civil, and no real reason to be selfish either.
I'm glad you think I turned out alright regardless, Bene. XD
Not completely alright, though...you like DGM and chemistry:derp
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think I've said it a million times, but divorce does horrible things to people. The only thing is trying to figure out if he's always been this way and the process exacerbated it, or if he changed into it from something different. I'd like to think he wasn't always like this.
I don't know much about your case, but I think that divorce itself does not do horrible things to people. I believe that people do not need any societal device (not at this kind of age anymore, at least, because the root of one's lack of wisdom/composure takes place far sooner in life imho, and ultimately not this particular device) to make themselves suffer. When I look back sometimes, and try to picture what my family could have been these last 17 years without this option, I can't see anything brighter arising. I'm actually quite sure that it would have ended anyway, with a lot more of collateral damages.

So I guess your thread is the new hipster Win Thread and mine is the Neo Confessional Thread.

Anyone else want to make some confessions while we're here? :rofl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top