Anime Hunter X Hunter Movie Confirmed!!

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-13/mainichi/hunter-x-hunter-manga-gets-1st-anime-film

This is...VERY surprising, but the series does have the sort of world where that would work I guess. At least this officially confirms the remake is doing well so there's no longer a need to be paranoid about renewal.
you know what would be nice?

Seeing Leorio fight in the movies. He don't need to kick ass just fight...

BUT HE WILL KICK ASS CUZ HE'S LEORIO!
HELL YEAHZ!! LEORIO NEEDS TO WHOOP SOMEONES ASS!

c'mon togashi(if you're writing this or if you wrote the other YYH film(2)) Kuwabara got a spirit sword fight AND finished off his foe with his fists! GIVE LEORIO SOME LOVE!
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't really think Kuwabara and Leorio are that comparable in terms of combat. Kuwabara had plenty of on screen multiple chapter length fights in YYH. Regardless yea, Leorio needs time to shine! But I also want some good Hisoka fanservice too. Maybe get some of the Zoldyeck family in there? I would love if Togashi had some hand in the plot for this movie.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I agree, a Leorio fight would be great, but without his new Hatsu idk how exciting it will be.
Well it's not like he has to fight Meryuem for goodness sake.

Any normal but strong human fighter will do good. Leorio has his switchblade which would make for a cool animated fight.

It doesn't need to involve nen or that much nen. If the animation is good it will be very exciting. In fact I say it will be more interesting
because it puts Leorio at a greater risk.

Of course Gon and Killua's fights will be even MORE exciting but that's to be expected.
 

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't mind a movie, as long as they don't tone down the violence, I'm fine with whatever the plot may be. It would be great, if this movie takes place in between the Celestial Tower arc and York Shin arc IMO. This way we could see some fights. :D
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I would love to see Maha vs. Netero fight animated or some interesting story about Zoldycks or the fight between Kurata clan vs. Spiders (we would see some new faces, e.g. the Spider that Hisoka killed) or Hisoka's background or some other blast from the past but that's unrealistic unfortunately :/. Probably Gon, Killua, Kurapica and Leorio will be saving some girl from bandits or something.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't mind a movie, as long as they don't tone down the violence, I'm fine with whatever the plot may be. It would be great, if this movie takes place in between the Celestial Tower arc and York Shin arc IMO. This way we could see some fights. :D
Well if it's an original story how would it even be "toned down"? There's nothing to tone it down from.

I'm sure the movie will have plenty of fighting and action. But I doubt we're going to be seeing mortal kombat blood and guts.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

I would love to see Maha vs. Netero fight animated or some interesting story about Zoldycks or the fight between Kurata clan vs. Spiders (we would see some new faces, e.g. the Spider that Hisoka killed) or Hisoka's background or some other blast from the past but that's unrealistic unfortunately :/. Probably Gon, Killua, Kurapica and Leorio will be saving some girl from bandits or something.

I would only want all that if Togashi was the creative force behind it. I don't want fiiller screwing with the continuity of the story.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder though... when will that movie be set? Gon and folks are basically busy all the time, there are no time-skips that I can think of. The only time I remember is during the weeks where Gon and Killua bet on who can get the highest amount of money.

Though I think it'll be something more along the lines of the DBZ movies: alternate universes which don't fit in canon at all.

Anyway, I'm excited about it!
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It will probably placed anywhere, in the sense that it's not placed in a fixed time in the HxHverse.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I'm kinda hoping against hope there'll be Genei Ryodan in it, but there's virtually no chance of that happening.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It will probably placed anywhere, in the sense that it's not placed in a fixed time in the HxHverse.
That could work if it was something like DBZ where the most techniques that change are transformation, but depending on where this movie will be set, it show totally different Gon and everyone else.

I guess that depends on WHEN the movie will be released.
 

Li Mochou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
maybe the movie is about kurapika killing kuroro when gon is hunting for chimera ants. hmm...
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Rather difficult to make a movie with Gon in it since he's been on the move since the Hunter Exam but it would be strange without him as the protagonist. I really don't want to the movie to break continuity though. Alternatively...I suppose it could focus on Ging when he was young, chronicling his adventures/path through the Hunter Exam. This way there's no need to make up Nen abilities for him and he sort of is, spiritually at least, a version of Gon.

Meh i can't think of any way this is gonna work without involving an alternate dimension. I wouldn't be too against that though as the movie could then be excluded from the canon. This way no matter how badly it stinks (probable) HxH fans can just dismiss it.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The movie will not be canon guys.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
In all honesty, I don't care. for these sort of things, I'm just looking for a enjoyable feature:hee
I agree, it doesn't need to be canon, it just needs to be good.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well they could place the movie on their way to whale island.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well they could place the movie on their way to whale island.
Here's the points in which they can set a movie.

- Between Heaven's Arena and Whale Island.
- Inside of Greed Island.

Shit that's all I can think of. I'm guessing the majority of movies they make won't really fit in anywhere.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I predict it will have to do with some village having problems from from some ancient beast or power or something generic like that.
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I predict it will have to do with some village having problems from from some ancient beast or power or something generic like that.
Seems pretty likely, then Gon and his pals come and save the day and beat the bad guy who caused the problem.
I can just imagine the ending battle with Gon vs the main viillain "This one is to teach you not to be a meanie! *pokes tongue out* JAN....KENNNNN!!!"
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well if Togashi really is involved with this it could end up having a pretty original plot, or at the very least some unexpected twists.
 
Top