Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Ah, a link to the scanlated raw. I thought the chapter truly is out. :XD

Regarding the scanlated raw, well, taking a quick look on it, it seems to be quite interesting... Lots of Ren's scary eyes. *shudders*
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Don't want to sound bad but the author should really get her pace going, I don't see any point
of dragging some things any longer. It can be faster and it should be. Waiting 2 weeks for chapters
like this kindda gets to me, y'know..it feels like rinse and repeat again.
This chapter at least confirms that ren really needs kyoko by his side. I really want this arc to pull them very very much closer :D
and I hope it does..and that we get to ren's back story soon.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

True, true... I think it's been dragging for far too long... I'm tired of waiting for some kind of meaningful advance in the story... It's not helping that Ren is being all angsty... I want to shake him to reality. *sigh*
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Is the scanlated version out yet? Or at the least the summary or quick translations of the raw? Feel free to share it, but remember to put it in spoiler box. ;D

Anyway, yeah, true, there isn't really an advance in this chapter. I do agree that we need to move forward and start getting in the pressure of Ren's problems and see how it is solved. I guess the author wants to bring us in to Ren's gloomy world even more? XD
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Finally Sho shows up again... Despite his harsh words, he actually cares a lot about that "shape-shifting demoness", eh? :XD I wonder if in the next chapter he's going to go meet Kyouko again.. It's going to be interesting since Ren will be around Kyouko. :cheez
Ren.. still dealing with that problem... Oh... still no clue of the end of this...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I had just read the scanlated version of chapter 184 and chapter 185. So late. :darn

Chapter 184 wasn't something much. Just another part of how Kyouko saved Ren again from the brink of insanity... Very strange of her to reply like that after the 'small accident' related to the shooting. What a strange character she played there. ^^; I agree with yukihime03 on chapter 185 related to Ren. This is getting too dragged on that I feel somehow bored. Why don't they just skip to a more significant part of the shooting so this current Ren arc would be done soon? I understand it is important to Ren as it is tied to his past, but still... a bit too much. The good thing is that I get to see Shou's distorted face again at first few pages, how much I missed him. *__* He is so sweet. Wait, did Shou call Kyouko or is it the other way around?

I was reading the scanlated chapter at Mechgouki's LJ where there is also a post related to how Kyouko is a masochist. What do you guys think? :P From what I can see, she does have that element inside of her. Not only because maybe there is that trait from inside of her, but also because of how Shou treated her before in the beginning. As she was very attracted and loyal to Shou back then, she would accept any kind of treatment... and that only make her masochistic part grew even more. XD Then again, thinking about it, the characters in this story feels like masochists and tsundere a lot, eh. XDD

Also, Mechgouki mentioned that he/she wouldn't work on Skip Beat! again. I wonder who would continue? In the post it is mentioned that there is another group doing it faster, but when I searched I found nothing. It is not even listed in MangaUpdates. >__<
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Wait, did Shou call Kyouko or is it the other way around?
Of course it's Sho calling Kyoko. :teehee

I was reading the scanlated chapter at Mechgouki's LJ where there is also a post related to how Kyouko is a masochist. What do you guys think? :P From what I can see, she does have that element inside of her. Not only because maybe there is that trait from inside of her, but also because of how Shou treated her before in the beginning. As she was very attracted and loyal to Shou back then, she would accept any kind of treatment... and that only make her masochistic part grew even more. XD Then again, thinking about it, the characters in this story feels like masochists and tsundere a lot, eh. XDD
I don't really think she's a masochistic. In the beginning, I think she received the harsh treatment from the Sho simply because she didn't even know that it's a harsh treatment. She was just too pure and innocent back then. :oh
In fact, I think she's more of a sadist. See her little demons that can choke you? She even likes to curse and torture the "voodoo" dolls she made to present Sho and Ren. :|

New chapter!!! It seems that the story will move on... :crying Finally. But in the end of the chapter... :hurr. So you're quite a sharp girl, eh, Kyoko? Now I'm dying to know what will happen next. Ren is not out of his Kuon moments yet, so this problem is still unsolved. I wonder how the story will progress now.

(And Kyoko does not even blink to see Ren naked? :hurr)
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

You call that an advance in plot? Hard for me to think so. :fail

Either way, nothing much new on the new chapter. Slowly my interest in this series drops bit by bit which is sad. However with the speed and the content of the chapter itself, this feels way too dragged on. I want more Shou (:teehee) and I want more speed to the plot, pleaseeeee~
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

You call that an advance in plot? Hard for me to think so. :fail
It's an advance, because now they're going back to their true selves for a while. (At least, I get to see normal Ren. I'm tired of looking at an all-black Ren.)
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Such a long time already, I have almost forgotten the plot of this series. :sweat

Catching up with latest chapters, I feel kind of happy leaving the Cain Heel stage behind for a while. It has been too dark for me, and I prefer this daily laugh and its ups and downs more than anything, haha~ Such a refreshing sight to see Shou + Kyouko + Ren altogether in one place. Such a great combo. Reading their conversations are very funny too, hahaha~ XDDD

I'm just wondering if we will return to Cain Heel shooting again? Since the filming is not yet done, right? :o
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Haha, I wonder what Ren will think. We all know how jealous Ren can be. :p It has been so long without Shou and I hope we can see more of this triangle love. Ren acknowledges Shou as the biggest threat so it will be interesting to see them fight each other. :XD

And yes, we will return to Cain Heel shooting. I just hope that in the next shooting, Ren will be able to solve his problem.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I think Ren will just use his angry smile, intimidating Kyouko all the time while trying to act cool in front of Shou, bwahaha~ :lmao

I seriously think that this Cain Heel arc is taking a bit too long. Maybe because the release is slow as well, but I feel as if they talk way too much that it's starting to get boring. :|
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

LOL~ I like it when Ren uses that smile. A dazzling smile with an overwhelmingly dark aura behind it. :lmao

Yeah, it's why I'm hoping something major will happen between Ren and Shou. :p
I remember that I first read this manga when I was in junior high school. Wow. It has been for 9 or 10 years? :oh
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ Chapter 191 is seriously something! Continuing the strange meeting of this funny trio in a station, Shou and Kyouko had a serious talk about her feelings toward Ren. The way she said it was so funny~ Though it is also sad. She denied all possibility of having romantic relationship ever since Shou failed her. That stupid jerk. Look at his quite happy expression too after Kyouko's confession, although he knows that Ren likes her and will probably open his hand for her feelings. He got himself worked up for his ex-maid, very interesting. :|
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I seriously wonder if Shou realizes how stupid he is. Even before he starts to get worked up, he is already the loser. He dumped her and now wants her back? Hah! That already shows how much he's a loser. I hope Ren will beat him up for good. (Wow~ I'm so bloodthirsty. :oh)

Ren and Kyouko already realize the feelings they have. I wonder when they will realize the feeling the other has. It will be interesting, no?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I seriously wonder if Shou realizes how stupid he is. Even before he starts to get worked up, he is already the loser. He dumped her and now wants her back? Hah! That already shows how much he's a loser. I hope Ren will beat him up for good. (Wow~ I'm so bloodthirsty. :oh)

Ren and Kyouko already realize the feelings they have. I wonder when they will realize the feeling the other has. It will be interesting, no?
Aye, agreed completely.

I seriously think what will the author do with Shou. He has always been the villain, and we don't even get to see more reasons behind his bad action towards Kyouko. I suspect it is just like that, he really thought of Kyouko nothing but her maid.. So why bother? Because he likes her now. Very ironic, since Kyouko probably doesn't expect nor want his love again now. But somehow I prefer him more than Ren, LOL~ I think Shou and Kyouko are better for each other, gyahahaha~

I'm still not sure if Kyouko sees Ren in a romantic way, although this last chapter does give that kind of impression... :darn
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Aye, agreed completely.

I seriously think what will the author do with Shou. He has always been the villain, and we don't even get to see more reasons behind his bad action towards Kyouko. I suspect it is just like that, he really thought of Kyouko nothing but her maid.. So why bother? Because he likes her now. Very ironic, since Kyouko probably doesn't expect nor want his love again now. But somehow I prefer him more than Ren, LOL~ I think Shou and Kyouko are better for each other, gyahahaha~

I'm still not sure if Kyouko sees Ren in a romantic way, although this last chapter does give that kind of impression... :darn
Nah, Shou doesn't deserve Kyouko after what he had done to her. Kyouko needs someone who can help her to improve and reach her dreams, and that's Ren.

I think she did. It's just that after her last experience with love, she doesn't want to think it is love. I can't say it's love love, but she does care a lot for him. I wonder what she will feel if she knows Ren was his fairy prince.
 

OwlRed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 4, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Spain
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Has anyone noticed just how bad translations of this series have gotten recently? Ch. 192 was impossible to understand at times. I'm trying to find raws to translate myself but all I can get is the same Chinese scan :-_-

And so far this arc is pretty disappointing anyway: it's just build up and build up and build up and no real conflict or resolution. I can't wait for Kyoko to have a heart to heart with Ren about his past, and I wish she'd grow a pair and tell Sho where to go already. :-_-

I love this manga but argh it's so unsatisfying recently.
 
Top