Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I accept the wooden spoon of love. :3c

Sucky thing about divorces is that both sides tend to get bitchy. They either want this or that and it culminates into a big fight. I guess they ultimately lose sight of who's really affected by all this when they decide to get petty. It's a shame because their actions do have a long-term affect on kids, even scaring them from commitment just by seeing how their parents act.

Very few parents, from the looks of it, realize it's about their kids. They'll let their kids buy adult video games, watch adult movies, go through nasty divorce, but they won't do much to take care of 'em. "Oh, he's just a kid, let him do whatever!" "Pfft, when I was 15 I was fucking a boy a week! She's tame by comparison." Don't see why it's hard to pretend to go through a nice divorce or be more firm on the kids, but looks like parents want to win the Best Parenting Award or something.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's a lot easier to Hate than it is to Love. I'm not sure why our brains were wired that way, but I guess it makes love that much more rewarding. Love is a lot more dynamic than Hate is. You either hate something/someone or you don't, but there are so many variances to love. Maybe it's because patience doesn't factor at all into whether you hate something/someone, in fact it's the opposite.

So which one is more powerful? Probably depends on the person, but the reason hate is so much more recognizable is probably because it's easier.




That sort of sounds like something :yoda would say :zomg
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I guess hate is part of our feeling to help us survive. If we hate someone, we're more willing to fight them to survive - killing that person or damaging them means their belongs to ours. Or it was so before rules were established long ago, I guess. Could be hate doesn't exist and comes from pettiness and desire for payback, among other stuff?

I'd say love was more powerful. Luke Skywalker and Naruto prove it. Hatred is powerful in the short run, but I guess it doesn't inspire a person to continue. Even after you're beaten, you'll still keep going for that someone, no matter what the price is. Despite Gaara's killing intent, Naruto refused to back down because he wanted to save Sakura and prove to Gaara that his way was wrong, I guess.

Plus, love can change people for the better. Not always, but it has the power to. Hatred can change people for the worse, or just around the person they hate.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hate can be a defense mechanism. Like having an issue with someone because they're too similar to yourself, or if they remind you of someone or something. I always tend to have the opinion that Hate has a much more immature feeling to it. Overlooking your children to do so only strengthens that opinion.

Plus, allegory aside, I was talking about hate/love in the real world.
 
Last edited:

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
...Like having an issue with someone because they're too similar to yourself, or if they remind you someone or something...
This particular part makes a lot of sense imho.

Plus, allegory aside, I was talking about hate/love in the real world.
And so does this one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

that Slytherin so reminds me of you :teehee

btw nice set, who's that couple in your sig? Don't tell me it's Harry and... Hermine? :derp
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hermione - Greek

Hermine - Germanic (Dutch/German/English)


Oh o's :derp
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I find it far more effortless to love than to hate. Very seldom have I found myself truly feeling a powerful hatred towards anyone that I've personally known. And when I have discovered myself in those instances, I searched relentlessly through feelings to try and dispel it. I think hatred is uncomfortable and unpleasant, and intimidatingly powerful. I recognize the fact that it can and often overpowers love, which is something I find a much better use of my emotions, time, and energy. Showing affection is something I struggle with very much, but just because I don't say "I love you" doesn't mean I don't experience it more than I would ever be able to express with words.

That's just my take on things.


Now on to something more interesting! :edu


 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, can't say I've ever actually truly "hated" someone. Seems like something not worth wasting time on, indifference hurts more anyways. And love is obviously better for your state of mind than hate. I have issues expressing it too, but I've yet to meet a real, live person who is so well-adjusted that they have no hang-ups when it comes to love...so that gives me some solace. If you say you love someone and then murder them, it doesn't really mean the same thing does it? It's more about the meaning behind the words and how it's expressed :imslow

I thought you said physics was stupid? :teehee. Mind-boggling isn't it? :edu
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Hi ND,

Where are you these days? Busy with studies :s? Missed you on MH <3...anything new in life?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Sending my laptop in for repairs, so I'll be gone for the next few days. See you guys in a bit.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh ,referenced Back to the Future and Spider-Man.

Fuck yeah, science parody!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
:cookiestare

I already don't like this movie.
Don't be so butthurt, he's a dumbass who's accidentally enrolled in AP Chemistry. There's some people in the class I can totally see you being like :derp

Really funny movie, but I already told you that.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
The fact that he just wrote 4 4 4 4444 4 4 4 4444 44 44444444 444 did make me smile... a little. :derp
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The fact that he just wrote 4 4 4 4444 4 4 4 4444 44 44444444 444 did make me smile... a little. :derp
Yeah, I couldn't resist posting that when I found it...it's one of the funniest scenes in the movie :fail



...forgive me

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

4 is pretty sickdope though :hip

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I find your choice to use :derp there quite interesting :gent
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top