- Joined
- Nov 20, 2011
- Messages
- 39
- Reaction score
- 78
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Oh my God Becky look at Hisoka's belly
For the life of me I could not remember Zenji's name. Took forever to find him.I had a feeling that might be Zenji, do you think the old guy directly above him is one of the ten godfathers? Kinda looks like it to me.
![]()
I'm looking forward to there being filler that might expand on the mafia/meteor city/yorknew more.
Yeah hopefully we see more HxH newbs later on since the series is getting better and better. hehenaw you're right man, I like the idea of this thread being newbie friendly.
I'd go with Yorknew, Phantom Troupe, Heaven's Arena, Bungee Gum, etc.Since this has been brought up somewhere else, let me ask you this: Yorkshin or Yorknew?
Personally, I go with Yorknew since that's the official name according to Viz. The same reason I use Phantom Troupe instead of Genei Ryodan.
O haha the last time i remembered seeing your age it said 25. I guess i didn't bother to look since than or something... lol, But yeah I got into the HxH in 2008. I was purely an anime guy at the time. Not until recently i got more into to manga and i decided to read HxH from beginning to "end" to see if the 1999 series was loyal. Little did i know ... lolUm, me? no it was in October, hmm maybe I didn't set the proper bday lol! Yea I found this place because I was on Nexgear back in god, 2004? When I first finished the 99 series and embarked on NGL with the manga for the first time. After all the hiatuses I was glad to see theres a sizeable hunter forum still around. I'm just glad I was able to convert like 80% of my own anime watching friends to the Hunter side. I think now I'm most excited at the prospect of new swag, movies, posters, games etc
To be fair, I didn't have the English volume at time. But now I have.Very true, I'll try to be mindful. Though to be fair you're posting a page from further in the series then the 2011 anime is.
Is there anyone who still uses "Pansy Gum"?!I'd go with Yorknew, Phantom Troupe, Heaven's Arena, Bungee Gum, etc.
You'd be surprised... -_-To be fair, I didn't have the English volume at time. But now I have.
Is there anyone who still uses "Pansy Gum"?!

I use the original names too. Only because it's translated I don't have to use it.You'd be surprised... -_-
Some of the terms people use really puzzle me, as there is official English alternatives.
I don't get why people refuse to say Phantom Troupe, instead being dead on for Genei Ryodan, a name which doesn't mean anything in English. I'm guessing some people consider themselves to be 'purists' or 'hardcore fans' for ignoring the official translations in favour of something they do not even understand...
You mean this one, right? Although it feels like a Vizism since even the Edited Mangas didn't match.One joke they left out (probably for the sake of time) that I like...
After Killua demonstrates the difference between Hanzo and Hisoka
Gon: How did you do that?
Killua: What? Drawing on the floor? Nothing to it!
Lol.
Though it's not much of a big deal it was left out. I just thought the line was humorous.