- Joined
- Dec 3, 2009
- Messages
- 1,757
- Reaction score
- 17,709
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
the question is not when, but with who will he return?Obata...
Exactly my point.the question is not when, but with who will he return?
I didn't say anything about finding a story author is challenging for Obata.Why would you think finding an author is a challenge for him? It's not like Obata is a new mangaka, he debuted almost 30 years ago. His first serialization is almost 25 years old. Between his assistants and his assistants assistants he has arguably had a bigger impact on Jump than even Toriyama. He has worked with many authors over the years, Bakuman was the first time he worked with the same author twice. In the last ten years he has never gone much longer than a year between serializations. So no, finding an author is probably not a factor in when he returns. There is every reason to believe he'll return quickly, he usually does.
it's a big difference to know a way or to run on it. the bigger problem is the execution of the idea, not finding an idea itself. besides i guess both have them will have a nice break after 4 years working like in hell, as other mangaka call it. the best would be some oneshots for obata in the meantime and than teaming up again.Bakuman proved that he is a really creative guy (a lot of interesting meta-series) so it's possible that he's already planning a new one with Obata.

The bigger question is who exactly Ohba is. While it is widle believed he is really Gamou Hiroshi that is as of now still conjecture.The pair Ohba/Obata works pretty well. Death Note and Bakuman are proofs of their quality together. The question is: Does Ohba alrealdy has a new idea for a series? Bakuman proved that he is a really creative guy (a lot of interesting meta-series) so it's possible that he's already planning a new one with Obata. But there's a chance that he is out of ideas for now so Obata would need to wait for him... will he? I don't think so...
Well, let's hope for a great work from both of them... together or not...
How epic would it be if they worked on a serialization together.Hello Baby was better than Bakuman in my opinion too. It was brilliant. Just proves he needs to briefly team up with the "god" himself, Morita![]()
That's nice and all but it has nothing to do with what I said.Obviously color pages are the only thing standing between Medaka and immediate cancellation. Strong sales, a high profile author, and brand new anime clearly have nothing to do with Medaka remaining a part of the magazine.
Oh, well excuse me then. How can I ever repent for misinterpreting such a clearly worded, succinct post? With my poor grasp of the English language and utter lack of intelligence your razor sharp analysis went over my head. That is my mistake, I sincerely apologize. Do understand that the danger of cancellation is the only reason most of us give a shit about low rankings. Furthermore, the comment "you have to wonder how bad it would look without the massive amount of color pages to "break" up the low rankings... " could mistakenly be interpreted as a comment that Medaka might be in real trouble without color pages. Please forgive me for struggling to interpret your posts Joycean wordplay. Such pithy, deeply learned statements are beyond the grasp of lesser humans such as I.That's nice and all but it has nothing to do with what I said.
Saying an arc has performed poorly =! Series getting canceled!
I've been a supporter of this manga from the start too lol... last arc performed shit compared to the the Not-Equals arc, look @ this comment in regards to the content of the manga and the main difference between them too see what I'm getting at. Too make it obvious the new arc has already made a move to rid themselves of that factor.. at least for now.
it's not like you are wrong at all, but you could do it a bit less sarcastic and maybe somehow... nicer?

いやあ名無しってほんとにいいもんですね:2012/04/18(水) 14:37:24.48 発信元:218.46.115.72
ドべ5
ドべより
パッキー
メダカ
黒子
ぬらり
リボーン
バクマン最終回お疲れ様でした。
楽しかったよバクマン!!
Caught me off guard. I'd expected it to be at least 2 chapters more.End: Bakuman
First one is Koisome Momiji, secone one is Saiki Kusuo, and third one is Balge (you should read what I had written).It says "new series third shot" on that second picture, implying that there are 3 new series starting in a row. What as the first one? I thought the Golden Future Cup just ended...
Isn't it ensured to have a serialization with its prize ?I'm surprised that Hungry Joker didn't begin. But more surprising is Jump going to put another romcom series (déjà vu from Jump's attempts on soccer manga).
So it was the color ending in the end. But if there are 3 new series, I guess one more need to be stopped.Caught me off guard. I'd expected it to be at least 2 chapters more.
Caught me off guard. I'd expected it to be at least 2 chapters more.