Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We don't really worry about One Piece but the thing is that you count it on the fingers of a hand the number of time it was that low in the TOC in the last 10 years so, to me, that is THE important thing of this TOC.
One Piece was also not really well placed in the double cover page issue even if its real place is hard to figure, maybe japanese don't like Punk hazard that much which is weird, but it should change once the recent characters introduced are ranked.

And Jump has 2 really excellent comedies Gintama and Sket Dance (may add Beelzebub in the lot), everyone should read them
OP is doing great but in the last 10 years? I doubt that One Piece stayed in the top 3 consistently when it was just in the Alabasta arc. Then again it is Japan and they loved OP as soon as it came out.

Also I just realized that the Bleach rankings 9 weeks back was the chapter before or after the new arc since the new arc was a color page and isn't ranked.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, there ARE records going all the way back if someone wants to look at it.
Like I said, there was that one time a couple years ago when One Piece was ranked low for getting the manuscript in late.
Between these two sites, they have all of them up to earlier this year.
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~starman/index.htm
http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/

But it's as everyone said, it really doesn't matter. And it's not likely One Piece is going into decline or anything. I think it's more just people really liked the Gintama and Toriko chapters and such that week.
 

yumimi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
62
Reaction score
11
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
From Asuou Shuuichi's twitter, the cover for Kusuo Saiki 0

http://twitpic.com/9dy281

He also announces how it's going to be serialised on 14th May, but that's already known here...
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Jump Issue #23 TOC *updated*
Koisome Momiji (Cover, Lead Colour, New Series, 54 pg.)
Gintama
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)
Naruto
One Piece
Nisekoi
Hq!!
Magico (Center Colour)
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Kurogane (Center Colour)
Inumaru Dashi
Pajama na Kanojo
Bleach
Kochikame
Reborn!
Medaka Box
Nurarihyon no Mago
Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky (Fin)

Jump Issue #24 Information
Lead CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki (New Series)
CP: Koisome Momiji, Medaka Box (3rd Year Anniversary), Reborn!
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ooh. Pakky's DEAD dead.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ooh. Pakky's DEAD dead.
not that unexpected, just really fast than most of us thought it would. guess they have enough new series to start.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
You misunderstood me there. What I meant was it is not ending but slowly laying the foundation to its end instead, hence the final arc. That is contrary to Kubo's wishing for it to last another 10 year. Also, I never said it ending anytime soon.
Why does everybody remember that comment of his but nobody remembers what he said before that one which stated "After this arc, I plan to have a small arc and than a big final arc" and which ended up coming true? The 10 years comment was either just a joke or him stating that he COULD go for 10 more years thanks to sales.

The fact that we are entering the final arc is Kubo's decision, not WSJ's (who would actually prefer that it went on as long as possible).
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't get the hub bub about Bleach being ranked so low anymore. To a fan like, yeah it blows, so what? It's not like its going anywhere anytime soon. Odd seeing One Piece not in the top 3, like its going to be there for long. So Pakky is ending huh? Another one bites the dust.

I was not actually referring to the TOC though, which is why my post never mentioned the TOC. Prior to my post there was some discussion of how much better Gintama is than this manga, that manga, and Bleach. I was merely pointing out that comparing two manga that have virtually nothing in common is a bit silly.The appeal of each towards their respective fans is different enough that conversation between is somewhat pointless.
So true Kaiten, so true.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
with around 400-500k sales more than new series is bleach nowhere near of being cancled as long as kubo don't want to end it itself.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why does everybody remember that comment of his but nobody remembers what he said before that one which stated "After this arc, I plan to have a small arc and than a big final arc" and which ended up coming true? The 10 years comment was either just a joke or him stating that he COULD go for 10 more years thanks to sales.

The fact that we are entering the final arc is Kubo's decision, not WSJ's (who would actually prefer that it went on as long as possible).
You also don't have concrete proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.

Gintama is more interesting than Bleach. Especially the current arc; every chapter is hands down amazing. Also, you never know, Kubo wished for Bleach to stay at least 10 more years, but it has now enter its final arc. I agree with Kewl, the editors might've tried to get him to end it faster for a new series.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
You also don't have proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.
Even you stated as possiblity, I don't think the editors are might've tyring to end Bleach fast because there is absolutely no reason for it. Its ranking did decrease, but Bleach is still one of highest selling manga series in Bleach; it is good for a business.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, that is why it's called possibility.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i think the current arc in bleach has a lot of potential and will be as long as the hueco mundo arc. despite the fact that i loving it for all the german references. "vadenreich", "stern ritter", "letzt still", "heilig pfeil", "vollständig" ...

does kubo has some hidden language talent or why is he so obsessed in naming things in different forgein languages?
 
Last edited:

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
You also don't have concrete proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.
And I am negating the "Kubo wanted to do it for 10 years" part of comment with a likely possibility that it all went as planned. The "10 years statement" is more likely to be WSJ's wish than the one I mentioned, especially in current situation.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And I am negating the "Kubo wanted to do it for 10 years" part of comment with a likely possibility that it all went as planned. The "10 years statement" is more likely to be WSJ's wish than the one I mentioned, especially in current situation.
I didn't quite get what you mean there. Or rather if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough (Both what I wrote and what you replied). Also, if it's like you said "WSJ's wish", then why is Kubo the one who said it?

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

i think the current arc in bleach has a lot of potential and will be as long as the hueco mundo arc. despite the fact that i loving it for all the german references. "vadenreich", "stern ritter", "letzt still", "heilig pfeil", "vollständig" ...

does kubo has some hidden language talent or why is he so obsessed in naming things in different forgein languages?
This is a much more interesting topic; I remember Kubo's Why me sad because of it.
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This is a much more interesting topic; I remember Kubo's Why me sad because of it.
i can guarantee you that is german isn't much better but nonetheless i like it. i als liked the bleach filler arc about the Bounto who said ancient magic spells in german. maybe there is a connection to the vadenreich? xD
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
2 volumes of a Bleach novel will be released in june. "Narita Ryohgo (DRRR!) and Honey Dish Rhapsody and Matsubara Makoto are doing novels for Bleach."
Bleach is more than safe.

村正 ◆jPpg5.obl6 posted these images.



^ It's about the upcoming BLEACH novel "Spirits Are Forever With You". The novel is divided into 2 volumes.
I think it says Volume 55 and the novel will be released simultaneously on June 4th.

The text on the 2nd page seems to be a small sample of the novel.

(More info about the novel can be found on deathberry.)
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Is anyone seriously worried that Bleach will end? It's position in the ToC seems rather low as of lately, but it's still a really big seller. Unless the series suddenly drops to the bottom of the ToC and stays there, and the volume sales drop substantially, I really can't see it ending. Plus the recent arc has actually been pretty good when compared to the last one. And the pacing is actually pretty fast by Bleach standards.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Almost bottom 5 for Bleach in real TOC. >.<^ I guess its because of all the series getting color pages that usually rank lower. "Bad Recognition" (chap 482) was a decent chapter.

Kubo was probably late on his deadline since we only got 16 pages this week so if editors really choose how the Toc is ranked they might have ranked him lower for that. Aw well, its only once so far, though I'm worried about Reborn! being in the bottom 5 for 2 weeks now. Still Reborn! sells a lot of volumes like Bleach.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
It's nice to see a mix-up in the TOC so I don't care which series it is, it's nice to have something beat OP and Naruto for a change.

Bleach has been in the bottom before so I don't think its low rankings will hurt it.

And good bye, Pakky even though I honestly forgot about its existence.]

EDIT: It's sad that I expect Mago to be low every week. ;_______;
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top