Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It seems like the guy who did the Welcome to the Competetive Dancing Club oneshot and Onani Master Kurosawa will have a short 3 chapter serialization starting from next issue onwards.
thats something unique. hopefully it will be translated, because onani master were great. (is it the author or the artist who does the mini series?)
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
thats something unique. hopefully it will be translated, because onani master were great. (is it the author or the artist who does the mini series?)
It will be the artist of Kurosawa.
 
Last edited:

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well Reborn! is out of the bottom 5 but now Bleach is in the bottom 5 along with Kurogane. >.>^ I really wonder if they purposely keep Bleach low for some reason as its rank has been fluctuating like crazy lately.

Anyways my own lamenting aside, the rankings are good except for Haikyuu because I have no idea what it is or why its so popular. At least right now as a rank 5 now becomes rank 16 easily.....

The new series are now in the manga. I hope they do well and add more diversity to the magazine. Sensai no Bulge sounds interesting to me.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I have a feeling like on next session, only one series going to be axed/end and two new series going to start.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
My feeling although I have very little basis is that Momiji will be the one to get the boot and as far as people here stated Inumaru should end very soon so one of the two series that will start will probably be from the author of Hungry Joker yet somehow I worry for Kurogane since it hasn't surpassed 20K in sales yet and that is not a good place for a Jump series to be which means if either it or Magico will end(although not likely) the more probable would be Kurogane.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
My feeling although I have very little basis is that Momiji will be the one to get the boot and as far as people here stated Inumaru should end very soon so one of the two series that will start will probably be from the author of Hungry Joker yet somehow I worry for Kurogane since it hasn't surpassed 20K in sales yet and that is not a good place for a Jump series to be which means if either it or Magico will end(although not likely) the more probable would be Kurogane.
I don't think Momiji will be axed on the next session because it is too early to end on that point (unless it did really, really terribly like Chagecha and Meister); plus, I don't hear people's comment about Koisome Momiji (I hear lots on Bulge). If it did just normally bad, then I think it'll end around on fall; but, I think Pajama is in more dangerous position than Koisome since it is slowly sinking. I think the series in most danger is Magico right now and Kurogane may follow Magico if it continues doing bad.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think Momiji will be axed on the next session because it is too early to end on that point (unless it did really, really terribly like Chagecha and Meister); plus, I don't hear people's comment about Koisome Momiji (I hear lots on Bulge). If it did just normally bad, then I think it'll end around on fall; but, I think Pajama is in more dangerous position than Koisome since it is slowly sinking. I think the series in most danger is Magico right now and Kurogane may follow Magico if it continues doing bad.
What are people saying about Bulge if you don't mind saying? I read it and actually liked it quite a bit, though the art will take a little getting used to.

Gintama's really riding high though, I love it. Maybe as people have been saying, they're using color pages and covers to pimp newer series, since it's strange Gintama hasn't had a color for it's 400th, despite those sorts of color pages coming a few weeks before the said milestone. Eh, oh well. I think I'll start reading HQ soon, though I normally don't read sports manga.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Which manga`s will have color page next week. I think that gintama will have a lead color page and cover.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
What are people saying about Bulge if you don't mind saying? I read it and actually liked it quite a bit, though the art will take a little getting used to.
I was just mentioning on people's comments in here; so far, it have many positive reactions for Bulge's first chapter (I didn't look at the comments from 2ch because I'm too lazy). I'm not sure how people in here think about Koisome Momiji (but, I'm not sure comments in here reflect comments on the Japanese readers).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I was just mentioning on people's comments in here; so far, it have many positive reactions for Bulge's first chapter (I didn't look at the comments from 2ch because I'm too lazy). I'm not sure how people in here think about Koisome Momiji (but, I'm not sure comments in here reflect comments on the Japanese readers).
Oh. I thought you were talking about 2ch. Though in retrospect, they're the least likely to vote on the TOC so I guess knowing what they think really doesn't matter much.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm really happy to see that Nisekoi and Haikyuu are doing so well. I don't even read HQ but it's nice to see relatively new series doing so good and constantly beating most of the other Jump Series. I'm not really into sports manga but I guess I will check it out if it continues to do so well. Sensei no Bulge looks interesting so I might break my habit of waiting to see how a new series fares and just start reading it.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Oh. I thought you were talking about 2ch. Though in retrospect, they're the least likely to vote on the TOC so I guess knowing what they think really doesn't matter much.
I just look at 2ch; there are considerable amount of positive comments for Bulge, but many people are saying that Bulge is similar with or will become like Kagijin.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't think Momiji will be axed on the next session because it is too early to end on that point (unless it did really, really terribly like Chagecha and Meister); plus, I don't hear people's comment about Koisome Momiji (I hear lots on Bulge). If it did just normally bad, then I think it'll end around on fall; but, I think Pajama is in more dangerous position than Koisome since it is slowly sinking. I think the series in most danger is Magico right now and Kurogane may follow Magico if it continues doing bad.
It seems likely that at least one new series will end, IIRC there rarely was a time when all newbies survived for a long time. Which one is impossible to say at this point, if people liked Sensei no Bulge here it's a possible hint that it might survive at least the first cancelation round though.

Aside from that Magico, Kurogane and Pajama no Kanojo are the most likely ones to be canceled next. I guess the one which is rating the worst will be canceled but hard to make any predictions because I read neither Kurogane nor Pajama. Magico is average at best so I wouldn't mind a cancelation.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I just look at 2ch; there are considerable amount of positive comments for Bulge, but many people are saying that Bulge is similar with or will become like Kagijin.
Wow. That's not nice. Though I did sorta like the art for Kagijin, so yeah. I hope Bulge sticks around a bit since it could be pretty amazing if given time to develop. I pretty much only read Gintama, One piece and Beelzebub (when HXH isn't running), so it would be cool to have another reason to read jump. Though I'm really thinking about giving HQ a shot.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I pretty much only read Gintama, One piece and Beelzebub (when HXH isn't running), so it would be cool to have another reason to read jump.
Yeah, it sounds like you are more favored on Sunday than Jump; on the other hand, I'm more into Jump and I read almost all of Jump series (I don't read short page gag series).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, it sounds like you are more favored on Sunday than Jump; on the other hand, I'm more into Jump and I read almost all of Jump series (I don't read short page gag series).
Yeah, you got me there. I read everything in Sunday except Hayate no Gotoku and Kunisaki...forgottherestofthetitle. Though, of course my enjoyment of each series varies.

On topic, Bleach and Reborn have taken mighty tumbles, and I'm not just talking for a week or so. On the other hand they're both old dogs now, so that may be the reason...but how do the fans of those series feel? Are they still strong or not?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
On topic, Bleach and Reborn have taken mighty tumbles, and I'm not just talking for a week or so. On the other hand they're both old dogs now, so that may be the reason...but how do the fans of those series feel? Are they still strong or not?
Bleach popularity has decreased since last arc, but it is still can consider to be a strong series. I don't really follow Reborn's populaity, but I think it is still pretty strong.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Bleach's popularity decreased because of the Fullbring arc and does not seem to be rebounding. It's to old and still sells to well, even in decline, to bother canceling. Kubo has already announced this is the final arc, I'm sure he will be given a reasonable time to conclude the story. As long as he does not plan on another four year arc I doubt Bleach will be canceled.

To soon to speculate on what will be canceled, considering that three new series started over the last month. The new series do not even begin to rank until mid-July. They probably will not add any more new series until late July or early August, at the earliest.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i think it's kinda fresh to see that many new series. the last year was a bit slow with too many old dogs around.

i think kurogane is the one which will get axed of all those one that are in danger. we have kuroko and hq!! which the later looks to get at least decent sells, so why bother with a falling under 20k series? magico sells more and ist one of the fews manga which could get a anime in 1-2 years. pajama would be the second one to go, because nisekoi is strong and fills in the romance spot. i would rather like it not to go, but the signs look bad and there were a few not rated chapter that weren't that good/strong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top