Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Knight_

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
the right TOC is OP, Naruto, Toriko, not Naru, OP, Toriko
 

shezar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Currently reading(shonen):

-One piece(my favourite for quite a while ,since started reading it i guess)
-Naruto(really want to drop this probably one of worst series right now imo)
-Bleach (enjoying it somewhat recently)
-Beelzebub(manages almost always make laugh)
-Toriko(like the direction that is taking)
-Hunter xHunter(hope the finish during my life time xD,i have few problems with this series besides the Hiatus and the art)

Starting reading:
-Medaka box(so far not bad)
-Gintama(i start and stop,i probably read the begining about 20 times xD)

Thinking of dropping:

Bleach and Naruto- I want see how they end so there no point dropping them now.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Did you try the next arc, which is undoubtedly much better and everything before the war?
you don't mean the fishman island arc, are you? it was the reason i dropped the series...
 

Asuka0112

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
China
Just wondering what will happen next. Their serialization this time ended up with 3 new series and now there are going to be two empy rooms soon. Usually one-shot have only one place and it's a long time to the next serialization.
 

shezar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
you don't mean the fishman island arc, are you? it was the reason i dropped the series...
One arc made you drop the series?(I enjoyed that arc start to finish overall)

Lol just now i noticed characters that are in picture of your sig Schabrak,where did you find the picture i would like to see it in full.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
you don't mean the fishman island arc, are you? it was the reason i dropped the series...
Of course I meant the one after that because it's obvious that you dropped it because of the Fishman Arc, as that is what happened after the war.

And as shezar mentioned, you read 600+ chapters[20+ arcs], just to stop because of one arc, that's hilariously illogical.
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Of course I meant the one after that because it's obvious that you dropped it because of the Fishman Arc, as that is what happened after the war.
oh you absolutely right, sry!

And as shezar mentioned, you read 600+ chapters[20+ arcs], just to stop because of one arc, that's hilariously illogical.
i dropped it first after the skytopia arc. i began reading it after the war arc neared its ending and read it than every week. i realized that i skip whole text bubbles and thought, it's better to stop now. reading a manga without reading is quite pointless. i will resume it maybe in 2-3 years, if the next "big" thing happens. beside i don't see these mentioned godlike talent in oda. that doesn't mean i think it's a bad manga, only overhyped. i just need to look at his color pages, which are absolute repetitive. i also think that he needs a really long hiatus to get some free time. what i like about op are the mature themes. besides it's childish goal and drawn characters, it has many mature themes like racism and so on.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm curious, what's with all the criticism of Naruto's current chapters? I'm only watching the anime right now so no major spoilers please.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This isn't the right thread for that, but didn't you stop because of the racism arc, yet you want more mature themes? Yes the Fishmen arc is one of Oda's worst ones in terms of ememy build up, but the next one will please you, I'm sure of that. The old OP comedy-action combi is back again.


I'm curious, what's with all the criticism of Naruto's current chapters? I'm only watching the anime right now so no major spoilers please.
Three-four chapter flashback for an enemy, interrupting two other big fights.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Forgot about Bulge. It has promise, but I'm not getting emotionally invested in that series until it gets six months under it's belt, so I consider it dropped until then. Toooooooo much of it seems like so many other shounen that got dropped like they were hot.

Something I realized is that next year would be sorta Gintama's 10th year, and Bleach and Naruto are (thankfully) on their final arcs or whatever. Should be interesting to see what'll happen when they're both gone. (Sorta thinking things will turn for the better.)
 

arsg

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
77
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ones I'm up to date on, in order of preference:
Toriko
One Piece
Gintama
Kuroko no Basket
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto
Bleach
------------ (series below this line I no longer read every week, just in clusters whenever I feel motivated)
Nura
Reborn!

Dropped:
Medaka (might try it again)
Magico

On hold (read the first couple chapters, waiting to see if they'll last)
Nisekoi
Kurogane
 
Last edited:

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
What´s the real ToC and next issue preview?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
What´s the real ToC and next issue preview?
The one that Oberon posted.

A little disheartening to see Pajama on the outskirts of the bottom five. Fortunately it has time to recover; with three new manga (and a mini-series) starting in the last four issues, I imagine there will be at least two or three months before anything is canceled.

I'm curious, what's with all the criticism of Naruto's current chapters? I'm only watching the anime right now so no major spoilers please.
Like Schabrak said, there is a flashback that randomly interrupted a fight. The flashback was for an enemy who was obviously going to be defeated shortly, so it was impossible to get emotionally invested. The hero of the arc is the zombie of a dead antagonist. Another new, never before heard of, technique has been added to the sharingan, specifically for this fight. This fight interrupted the last fight, which interrupted the fight before that.

I failed to mention it when I wrote my list, but I have found Naruto incredibly frustrating. Since the beginning I have not enjoyed the War. Bleach, on the other hand, I have been enjoying. Not that I think it some masterpiece, but the current arc has been interesting.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
The one that Oberon posted.
It didn't confirmed that is real ToC or not, even Oberon said he wasn't sure whether it is real or not. Plus, 2chers are also skeptical about that ToC is real. So, we don't have any ToC with real confirmation yet.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

New possibility has uploaded. This person didn't upload full ToC; this person uploads only bottom 5 and preview, but it looks like this person has written a correct information on Issue 26 and there are positive reactions from 2ch. So, I'll upload this just in case.

○ドベ5
黒子
リボーン
パジャマ
マギコ
いぬ

○28号情報
巻頭:黒子
センター:ニセコイ、ブリ、ハイキュー
表紙:ニセコイ
Issue 27 Bottom 5:
Kuroko no Bakset
Katekyou Hitman Reborn!
Pajama na Kanojo。
Magico
Inumarudashii (End)

Issue 28:
Cover: Nisekoi
Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Bleach, Nisekoi, Haikyuu!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Wow, to cover nisekoi.
We are strong believers in this manga, but for me it will not last long, the story can only go forward now to gag, and after a little tired.

magico is going through a bad time, but it was already released once, I'm sure it will come out one more time.

so now for some months there should be no drop, so it has time to recover.

I wonder more and more Hq, I do not like it at all.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
wow bleach will have Cp next week. Sweet!! And nisekoi is in the top 5 evry week. It`s normal to be on the cover.
 

bskbob

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
nisekoi is in the top 5 evry week. It`s normal to be on the cover.
getting a 2nd Cover before the 1 year anniversary is very rare these days i think Toriko was the last series before Nisekoi. Jump editors must be very happy with Nisekoi (still we haven't see ohana's toc i wouldn't start celebration already^^)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top