Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Wow, to cover nisekoi.
We are strong believers in this manga, but for me it will not last long, the story can only go forward now to gag, and after a little tired.
Can we all agree to stop with the silly little comments about Nisekoi, or any slice of life manga, not being able to last long? Last I checked lack of plot has never hurt a popular shounen, and Jump has never been afraid of stretching. Contrary to fanboy belief there are slice of life manga that have lasted twenty volumes or more. All of these comments are silly, tiresome, and taking away from better conversation. If Nisekoi is as popular as it seems it will run for years, just like any other manga. Give it a rest.

I wonder more and more Hq, I do not like it at all.
Fortunately for HQ, Jump readers seem to disagree with you :amuse

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

getting a 2nd Cover before the 1 year anniversary is very rare these days i think Toriko was the last series before Nisekoi. Jump editors must be very happy with Nisekoi (still we haven't see ohana's toc i wouldn't start celebration already^^)
I've been enjoying Nisekoi. While it has it's flaws, it's a really fun manga filled with likable characters. It's nice to see that it has achieved some level of acceptance with Jump fans. I personally look forward to new chapters every week.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Three different bottom 5's = I give up. Not trusting any, taking each with a grain of salt, hoping T or Ohana post next week. Fun for novelty purposes, only not worth getting excited about. Nor am I putting any faith in either preview. One has to be wrong, I'm not making a blind guess at either.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It looks like this one is formal ToC since 2chers are saying it is real.

666 :Classical名無しさん:2012/05/31(木) 00:45:40.23 ID:ndV6VJS0
>>657
いぬまる(終)が抜けてる

完全版

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/3801213fb80e7bec009a1d462f2eb9389a506bd0.jpg
鰤(巻頭表紙
トリコ
ワンピ
銀魂
ナルト
こがねいろ(センター
ハイキュー
バルジ
紅葉
クロガネ(センター
斎木
ニセコイ
べるぜ
スケット
ぬらり(センター
亀
めだか
黒子
リボーン
パジャマ
マジコ
いぬまる(終)

28号表紙ニセコイ、巻頭黒子
センターニセコイ、鰤、ハイキュー
Issue 27:
Bleach (Cover, Lead CP)
Toriko
One Piece
Gintama
Naruto
Koganeiro (CP, Mini Series)
Haikyuu!!
Sensei no Bulge
Koisome Momiji
Kurogane (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Nisekoi
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
Nurarihyon no Mago (CP)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Bakset
Katekyou Hitman Reborn!
Pajama na Kanojo。
Magico
Inumarudashii (End)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Gintama in the top 3. Well looks real to me. And wtf nisekoi... I think that Pajama na Kanojo will be the one that will end. Magico have some good tank selles.
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So... It's confirmed that Nisekoi will get the Cover from the next issue?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So... It's confirmed that Nisekoi will get the Cover from the next issue?
Well, so far, 2chers are saying that it is real.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
In other words take it with a grain of salt. Go ahead and discuss, if this TOC is proved wrong we can all look back and laugh.
If we only can see the picture that is uploaded with ToC, then we can determine it is real or not; it looks like ToC is come from that picture.

And you don't have to be so negative on everything. :no
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
hahaha, shame that among all the TOC that have been posted, even one I liked ...

@ Kaiten I remember you said the same thing with Kagami, and see how it ended ...
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
Is it really possible for a serie to have two color pages in a row ? Because it seems it will be the case for Bleach next week.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Is it really possible for a serie to have two color pages in a row ? Because it seems it will be the case for Bleach next week.
It already happened couple times before, so it is not surprising.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
beelzebub and Nurarihyon had 2 color page in row before.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kagami didn't have those rankings so far into it's life span. His point about hate on romance nailed my opinion too. Do users have to repeat that garbage about short, stagnant romance manga every couple of weeks?
 
Last edited:

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
IIRC, Reborn (or Bleach, can't remember) had 4 color pages in a row a couple of years ago.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
hahaha, shame that among all the TOC that have been posted, even one I liked ...

@ Kaiten I remember you said the same thing with Kagami, and see how it ended ...
Yes, you are correct. Every slice of life manga ever has been canceled early. Considering Kano's sterling reputation and record of writing long running, beloved classics, Kagami is truly the best genre representative possible. Everyone knows ever manga the man has ever written has gone on to great success, none have ended early, nor ended under peculiar circumstances. Thank you for your clear, penetrating, and logical assessment of the future prospects of an entire genre. Clearly Kagami did not end under unusual circumstances. Kagami obviously did not end under unusual circumstances. I must have imagined it ending months before manga it handily outranked, such as St&rs. Nothing strange happened, it had nothing to do with that specific title, by that specific author. Extrapolating the fate of an entire genre based on Kagami is obviously a sound basis for argument.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Gintama did too I believe, back in November 2010, or was it 2011? I'm pretty sure it had color pages a few times that month at least.

Moreover, the hate on the romance is kinda annoying. This is coming from me, a person who hates romance series enough to be brought out of my lifelong clause with apathy. Can't we just agree to not talk about stuff we hate? There's enough flaming with the mere mention of certain series's names.

With Kagami, although I didn't read it either, is there really something hard to believe with a series that a author oh, I dunno decided that he was out of ideas and made the very logical but usually avoided conclusion to end the series? Not every Shounen manga has to be an endless stream of plot devices, progressively more powerful enemies, and illogical 'logic'. C'mon. We've got two thirds of the 'big three' (which thank God the TOC voters have started to challenge) that do that quite well already, thank you very much.
 
Last edited:

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm not saying it will eventually be nisekoi Dropped or deleted, I'm saying that from what has been going on (I'm in Chapter 25) I do not think will last very much.

I do not end up between 2-3 chapters, but for me it will not come to the tenth volume (which are already several chapters).

counts and I'm enjoying, but I think that after all the same chapters 20-30 (the last chapters already seem to me all the same) you lose interest in manga.

However, with the end of Inumaru, and counting the new series will have only 3 chapters, you think will be a series of new 1 bit? (type hungry joker)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
However, with the end of Inumaru, and counting the new series will have only 3 chapters, you think will be a series of new 1 bit? (type hungry joker)
I don't think Inumaru's end will affect on the new series since Inumaru only had 9 pages per chapter.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not saying it will eventually be nisekoi Dropped or deleted, I'm saying that from what has been going on (I'm in Chapter 25) I do not think will last very much.

I do not end up between 2-3 chapters, but for me it will not come to the tenth volume (which are already several chapters).

counts and I'm enjoying, but I think that after all the same chapters 20-30 (the last chapters already seem to me all the same) you lose interest in manga.
that's what Kaiten and Schabrak are talking about, the same old arguments. Manga gets repetitive, romance can't last long bla bla etc. People already said that when Nisekoi was at chapter 3, they were saying it ten chapters later and they are saying it now. And that's only Nisekoi, it's the same for nearly every other romance/comedy manga. It just gets annoying when you read the same arguments all the time/over and over again.

Personally I don't think the last chapters were anywhere near the same and I appreciate what Jump is doing. It's refreshing to read something else and different instead of serializing battle manga one after another.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top