Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's why I'm saying to each their own, and I'm cool with others liking it as long as they don't force it on me or make me buy it ;). Also, I agree that buying a book you can't read for a ripoff price (if we add high delivery costs) is at the very least impractical for most people and is hardly worth it.

I might also mention that the translation guidelines in Editing and in the world of professional translations are very different. Clarity and readability that you mentioned are the defining rules for this type of translation in the pro world, so basically any kind of change is allowed as long as the general meaning is preserved and the translation gets the point across. However, the most competent tranlsations are those that change things as little as possible while at the same keeping the translation clear and readable. This can be a very challenging task.

As for Edited Mangas... Yorkshin arc in particular leaves so much to be desired that I won't even mention it. :darnViz's done an almost perfect job in comparison...
For sure. Since you do understand Japanese I would say it makes sense for you to get the Japanese volumes.

BTW do you ever do any professional translations? Or does anybody here for that matter?
I'm kinda curious as to what the process is. I mean is it just one person translating or a group?

That's true. The best translations are a happy medium of accuracy and clarity. But of course it is rather difficult to get both.
Especially since often times there is no equivalent in one or the other language.

That's funny. With all the love it gets you'd think that be the arc Manga Editors do the BEST job on.



@mrsticky005

As I've said, it all comes down to how you word it as it comes across that Gon discards those who've helped him without a second thought and without care. It's like I'm looking at Hisoka rather than Gon so my posts are all about his reluctance to part ways but he must since it's practical to do so.

Also according to this translator, the one who suggested that Gon need to have a "private" chat with his father is Killua. Probably more excuse for Gon's benefit as one of his "goals" at the end of GI arc is to introduce Killua as his bestfriend to Ging.


People who fall on Chaotic Good are those who thinks that by doing things, even if it falls on "chaotic" category, if it brings "good [of many]" afterwards then it's fine. They are the end justified the means type.



Off topic: We're talking about stuff not yet occurring on the '11 anime. No one's complaining so I guess there's no "new fan" here.


Sure. But the fact still remains that Gon had that private chat with Ging over staying with Killua.
It's like how Kurapika chose to capture Chrollo over saving Gon and Killlua from the Phantom Troupe.
Of course later there was the whole hostage exchange. Now I'm not saying that Gon is bad
because he chose Ging over Killua. Just that meeting Ging is top priority for him.
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Yeah, I think everybody here has at least watched the 1999 anime or read the manga lol.
Actually, I haven't watched the 1999 anime, or read the manga (only read the election arc) the reason, I don't really complain about all the spoilers, is surprising because I usually complain about spoilers in sections, I would be disappointed if you guys spoiled scenes far away such as the york new arc and chimera ant arc, but the manga is pretty old, and If it wasn't for this forum, and the announcement of the new anime, I probably would have read it after it finished (the hiatus's scared me off).

Also, The fact that Hunter X Hunter is constantly on Hiatus, doesn't make me in a hurry to catch up. So Hunter X Hunter is a very special case, in terms of spoilers for me, although I wouldn't want much spoilers from far away, to still keep an air of mystery surrounding the series.

So, yes I am a new fan, and the new anime has made me one.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Haha, okay, I didn't know you were a new fan. I just figured since nobody was complaining about spoilers, that most people here must of read or watched HxH previously lol. Well anyway it's nice to see the new anime is bringing in new fans :)
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually, I haven't watched the 1999 anime, or read the manga (only read the election arc) the reason, I don't really complain about all the spoilers, is surprising because I usually complain about spoilers in sections, I would be disappointed if you guys spoiled scenes far away such as the york new arc and chimera ant arc, but the manga is pretty old, and If it wasn't for this forum, and the announcement of the new anime, I probably would have read it after it finished (the hiatus's scared me off).

Also, The fact that Hunter X Hunter is constantly on Hiatus, doesn't make me in a hurry to catch up. So Hunter X Hunter is a very special case, in terms of spoilers for me, although I wouldn't want much spoilers from far away, to still keep an air of mystery surrounding the series.

So, yes I am a new fan, and the new anime has made me one.
first off it's awesome to hear that the new anime is bringing in new fans.

Though I'll try to be more careful with spoilers from now on. Just in case.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
I'm usually the guy who does not complain about the new series, but there's one issue I want it fixed by the time we get to Yorknew arc. And that issue is Kurapika's scarlet eyes. I don't mind the visual effects they gave him, but I'm not satisfied with the color. It's not a solid red and almost pinkish color. I really hope they'd fix this issue otherwise we will get complainers say they gave Kurapika girlish pink eyes instead or red eyes of evil. Here's my edit for the colors.




 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm usually the guy who does not complain about the new series, but there's one issue I want it fixed by the time we get to Yorknew arc. And that issue is Kurapika's scarlet eyes. I don't mind the visual effects they gave him, but I'm not satisfied with the color. It's not a solid red and almost pinkish color. I really hope they'd fix this issue otherwise we will get complainers say they gave Kurapika girlish pink eyes instead or red eyes of evil. Here's my edit for the colors.




I don't like those changes. Solid red looks so boring. Leave it as it. It doesn't look pink at all. It's mixed with a little purple, but it doesn't look girly in anyway.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
I don't like those changes. Solid red looks so boring. Leave it as it. It doesn't look pink at all. It's mixed with a little purple, but it doesn't look girly in anyway.
How about here?


I know he was trying to suppress his anger, but this is where the color change stood out to me.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
^ I think it would look better if it was like this :

 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How about here?


I know he was trying to suppress his anger, but this is where the color change stood out to me.
I think you're forgetting about the fact that it is a brightly lit room.

It will look red in darker light.
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the eyes are perfect the way they are, of course there is going to be some pink in the eye, as pink is just a lighter red. also I think if you made the eyes a darker red, it would be worse, as it would stand out drastically from the rest of the anime. (besides who said pink was a girly color, anyway. I know thats what its thought of as but why?)

Any ways, the pink in the eyes adds more dynamic to it. but The eyes are still red, there is also a bit of purple.

P.S. The eyes look amazing in motion, such as clips,gifs, etc.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think the eyes are perfect, they actually genuinely look beautiful, which is why people hunted them for their eyes to begin with. Their eyes look like a desirable commodity, something that was lacking from the 99 series representation of the eyes. The mystical look of the 2011 scarlet eyes is great in my opinion.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no doubt in my mind that the scarlet eyes will look awesome in Kurapika vs Uvogin.
However I am far more concerned with Kurapika's expression. I do not feel that they captured it well enough in his fight against Majitani.
The one with Hanzo has a better expression. But I really want to see Kurapika's murderous rage face. That's more important to me than eye color.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great episode this week. The fights were highly! entertaining, and the new BG music the played durring Killua's match was awesome!! Next week Gon vs Hisoka, and I know madhouse is going to do an amazing job with that fight.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yep the episode was great. Riehlvelt's aura boost actually seemed kinda cool rather than incredibly silly when he was driving his scooter.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I'm definitely pumped up for Hisoka vs Gon.

Especially if we're getting this kind of quality for these minor fights. :)
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Riehlvelt's aura boost looked mad cool now that it's correctly animated, and his electric twin snake whip attack (forgot the name) looked insane when it was electrocuting Killua.

Anyway... did you see the animation of Gon running at Hisoka in the preview? That shit looks AMAZING! :spaz
 
Last edited:

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I love how We get to hear Gido's Original Voice when he is thinking.! Just little details that i find Awesome !
Awsome episode!!!!!!!!! Killua jump, Rievelt Aura Burst, the BG music! everything is awsome!
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thumbs up to Riehlvelt's scream when Killua catches him. LOL
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
great episode, The animation was really cool, especially gone dash, killua's jump, and riehlvelt's aura dash, but when killua was about to catch rielvelt I thought the electricity looked a little off, overall the electricity was great (and its probably really tough to make close up electricity, since we don't see it much besides flashes in life.)

Gon, impressed me a lot in his fight against riehlvelt, I actually thought he was going to push those buttons up too. Cant wait till Gon fights Hisoka.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
What absolutely brilliant episode. Gorgeous animation and great pacing. The battles were all excellently animated, I particularly enjoyed the Reihvelt fights. The ending with Hisoka accepting Gon's challenge was spine tingling, it certainly gave me chills.

I am so pumped for next episode and the preview of Gon running at Hisoka looked absolutely amazing. I can hardly wait to see that battle. The entire anime thus far has built up to this point, this is the finale of the Hunter Exam Saga, I am simply ecstatic to see this. I wholeheartedly believe that Madhouse have proven without a shadow of a doubt that this is the definitive anime of Hunter x Hunter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top