Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Watch Trigun or the original Hellsing anime for disappointing animation/inconsistency/bad art days.

But yup, HxH 2011 has been bloody gorgeous thus far. I really hope this level of quality carries on through the series into the Election arc and beyond!

Few other tv series look this good consistently. I think Avatar Legend of Korra is high on the list of top notch consistently great animation, I'd say often times rivals HxH's animation quality. Hmm, Accel World an anime currently running looks really good and consistent. Do OVA's count? Gundam Unicorn is only going to be 7 episodes, but they're hour long and looks fantastic (its also directed by 1999 HxH director so the action is very dynamic).

I can't name many other series I've watched honestly that match this level of animation but I think that's because I'm forgetting some series, there's a lot of runners ups in my mind who come close but aren't quite as good looking. Full Metal Alchemist comes to mind for close but not quite (the 2004 original haven't seen brotherhood)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Watch Trigun or the original Hellsing anime for disappointing animation/inconsistency/bad art days.

But yup, HxH 2011 has been bloody gorgeous thus far. I really hope this level of quality carries on through the series into the Election arc and beyond!

Few other tv series look this good consistently. I think Avatar Legend of Korra is high on the list of top notch consistently great animation, I'd say often times rivals HxH's animation quality. Hmm, Accel World an anime currently running looks really good and consistent. Do OVA's count? Gundam Unicorn is only going to be 7 episodes, but they're hour long and looks fantastic (its also directed by 1999 HxH director so the action is very dynamic).

I can't name many other series I've watched honestly that match this level of animation but I think that's because I'm forgetting some series, there's a lot of runners ups in my mind who come close but aren't quite as good looking. Full Metal Alchemist comes to mind for close but not quite (the 2004 original haven't seen brotherhood)
Legend of Korra has excellent animation...but it's also only 1-2 season(s) long. Plus I'm sure it's got a huge budget.

Maybe I should check those out.

I was just watching the first episode of Deadman Wonderland. The animation looks good and it seems like it could be an interesting plot (gives me a death note vibe) though I dunno if I can take much more of the main character's whiny voice or the cheery girl who looks like she came out of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I never watched or read the series before but heard of it. Does anyone know if it's worth watching more of?

It's just I was watching the most recent episode of Naruto Shippuden...and it's like even the worst HxH 2011 episodes look better and this wasn't even a the worse in animation. Seriously if us HxH fans have to wait some episodes for FANTASTIC animation Naruto fans have to wait some episodes for GOOD animation.

And I'm a Naruto fan myself. Granted I find the current chapters dull and have been thus far unimpressed with how the war is animated I still say it's a solid series.
Though perhaps a lot of that has to do with my reading/watching it since high school.


Anywho back to HxH...

Think there's any possible way for Kite to be in the episode AFTER next?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ Watch Trigun or the original Hellsing anime for disappointing animation/inconsistency/bad art days.
I've actually never seen either of those, surprisingly.

I was just watching the first episode of Deadman Wonderland. The animation looks good and it seems like it could be an interesting plot (gives me a death note vibe) though I dunno if I can take much more of the main character's whiny voice or the cheery girl who looks like she came out of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I never watched or read the series before but heard of it. Does anyone know if it's worth watching more of?
I watched few episodes of the anime subbed, then started reading the manga and got hooked. I saw one episode of the english dub and couldn't stand Ganta's voice. He sounds like he's 8. Would I recommend the anime? I'd recommend the manga, but I can't give a fair rating on the anime since I haven't seen it. I will say that you do end up meeting a very interesting cast of characters, and Ganta goes through some character development IMO.


Think there's any possible way for Kite to be in the episode AFTER next?
It's possible. The ideal time during Whale Island would be when Gon and Killua are frolicking in the woods and having their deep conversation, but anytime before Flesh Collector's mansion could fit in with the story before Flesh Collector's mansion. Otherwise it would just seem too random to me.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi everybody ! Some information ! (Sorry for my baaad english =/)

Pictures of the episode 37 :




Episode 38 : オヤジ×ノ×ヘンジ

For the rest, I thought :
38/ Chapters 66 and 69 [A cassette tape + Greed Island]
39/ Letter to Leorio [Recap]
40/ Body Collector's mansion
41/ Chapters 70 and 71 [To YS + Auction Begins]

Oh, and according to some Japanese sites, episode 49 [In september] would be the last.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Legend of Korra has excellent animation...but it's also only 1-2 season(s) long. Plus I'm sure it's got a huge budget.

Maybe I should check those out.

I was just watching the first episode of Deadman Wonderland. The animation looks good and it seems like it could be an interesting plot (gives me a death note vibe) though I dunno if I can take much more of the main character's whiny voice or the cheery girl who looks like she came out of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I never watched or read the series before but heard of it. Does anyone know if it's worth watching more of?

It's just I was watching the most recent episode of Naruto Shippuden...and it's like even the worst HxH 2011 episodes look better and this wasn't even a the worse in animation. Seriously if us HxH fans have to wait some episodes for FANTASTIC animation Naruto fans have to wait some episodes for GOOD animation.

And I'm a Naruto fan myself. Granted I find the current chapters dull and have been thus far unimpressed with how the war is animated I still say it's a solid series.
Though perhaps a lot of that has to do with my reading/watching it since high school.
The only complaint I have about Korra is that some scenes look a little choppy, but that might actually be due to me watching episodes that were taped rather than actually watching it on television. By the way, is it normal for there to be so many commercial breaks on American television?

Deadman Wonderland is a cool anime (as well as a cool manga), but be prepared for a lot of content to be squeezed into 12 episodes. Also, despite the anime being made by a great animation studio, the animation is pretty inconsistent which is kind of bad considering the fact that it's an action series.

And Naruto... sigh... the first series was a bit inconsistent during the beginning (plus a few episodes now and then) but then it got to a point where it was pretty much great most of the time. The Sasuke Retrieval arc was non-stop quality animation and awesomeness. Then came the fillers, and although the first few retained the quality of the previous arc, the latter were pretty meh overall. And Shippuuden was even worse. I guess the studio just realized that they'll make money no matter what they do with Naruto, which is just sad...

I just really hope that HxH won't end up like Naruto. From what I've seen, long-running shonen shows start to slip up in terms of quality when the fillers first arrive, so I really hope we won't get filler. Don't let that happen Togashi!
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Please, avoid comparing in this thread. It's not offtopic, but deviates too much the discussion.
For the rest, I thought :
38/ Chapters 66 and 69 [A cassette tape + Greed Island]
39/ Letter to Leorio [Recap]
40/ Body Collector's mansion
41/ Chapters 70 and 71 [To YS + Auction Begins]

Oh, and according to some Japanese sites, episode 49 [In september] would be the last.
Welcome! For any question ask me.
And why everyone is talking about the Letter to Leorio? Where that tittle is confirmed WITHOUT being confirmed the other 4? Did I miss something?

And it wont be the last. It says 49+. Which means that they contracted up to 49 or more. But as the ratings are going, we surely have for WAAAAY more episodes.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Welcome! For any question ask me.
And why everyone is talking about the Letter to Leorio? Where that tittle is confirmed WITHOUT being confirmed the other 4? Did I miss something?
Thank you ! =D
Oh, just a funny supposition, as Gon can't send a letter to Mito. That would be the best option, if recap. Or Gon talking to a neighbor ?

And it wont be the last. It says 49+. Which means that they contracted up to 49 or more. But as the ratings are going, we surely have for WAAAAY more episodes.
45 +. Everywhere, it's written "Final Episode" next to the 49. Maybe a break, or a season 2. YS isn't over, and ratings are good, so...
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What site then?
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Blogs like this, for example. Nothing official, but I'll see where they take the information ;-)
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Please stop spreading false information guys. Letter to Leorio does not exist and episode 49 is not the final episode -_-' that website you linked is incredibly unofficial and it's sources are all increddddibly dodgy.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Last I checked, at ANN, they have episodes listed up to 50 (without episode titles) through 9/30. Then again, it may just be because the series is ongoing without a set episode limit as they do this with other ongoing series.

Likely it was initially said 45+ to account for a situation where the series wasn't as popular as they expected and thus faced cancellation. But as others have said, the series is popular, so it will probably continue past 49/50.

I'm sure they'll be able to animate to the end of Greed Island. I'm not quite sure how they will animate the Chimera Ant Arc, but I'd love to see it animated as well.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Please stop spreading false information guys. Letter to Leorio does not exist and episode 49 is not the final episode -_-' that website you linked is incredibly unofficial and it's sources are all increddddibly dodgy.
Well, to be fair, Chain Bastard said that the letter to Leorio was just his prediction, and that the blog wasn't official. You are being a bit strict with him.

But yes, they will make at least all York Shin arc, so it probably will have more than 49 episodes.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ok I think it would be fair to say that Madhouse's Hunter x Hunter has some overall great animation.

But what other series do you think have equally good or better animation?

Animation here will mean movement and consistency of art. If it's too static it's worse. If it's too unnatural it's worse.
Gintama is a long-running series with excellent animation.It's principaly a comic anime but it has the best anime adaptation of Shonen Jump manga with HXH 2011 IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

My prediction. Episode 39 will be:Kite X And X Gon.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
My prediction. Episode 39 will be:Kite X And X Gon.
Not possible. I mean, at all. Every title so far had two words which had something in common while souding in Japanese. Like TabidACHI to NakamatACHI, GoN to JiN and so on. KON to GON is more possible or something that kinda rhymes with Kaito.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From what I can tell Madhouse's Hunter x Hunter has been doing great in ratings so I don't see why it would end at 49. I think this is just needless worrying.

Also I'm quite certain there will NOT be a "Letters to Leorio".

Also how did you already get pictures of the episode, Chain Bastard?
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm pumped for the next episode, especially after seeing those pictures. At the end of the day, whether they show Kite or not, I want to see a heartwarming episode of sorts. I always thought Return To Whale Island had a heartwarming vibe to it.

And speaking of ratings, how is HxH faring? I know it has good ratings, but how good are they exactly? Just curious.

Full Metal Alchemist comes to mind for close but not quite (the 2004 original haven't seen brotherhood)
Yup. FMA Brotherhood has some fluid animations too imo, though it has been a while since I last saw it. Eh... maybe Code Geass too? I thought it had wonderful animation, but I could be completely biased about it.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm pumped for the next episode, especially after seeing those pictures. At the end of the day, whether they show Kite or not, I want to see a heartwarming episode of sorts. I always thought Return To Whale Island had a heartwarming vibe to it.

And speaking of ratings, how is HxH faring? I know it has good ratings, but how good are they exactly? Just curious.



Yup. FMA Brotherhood has some fluid animations too imo, though it has been a while since I last saw it. Eh... maybe Code Geass too? I thought it had wonderful animation, but I could be completely biased about it.
Pretty much always Top 10. Occasionally Top 15 (depending whats on). If you need a series to compare it to, it gets often more or equal ratings with Naruto: Shippuden.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's good to hear. I hope it gets even higher ratings once Yorknew and Greed Island kick off! Maybe (greedy grin) we'll get a budget increase for NGL. aww yea. The thought of seeing ants animated and my man Morel still makes me jittery with anticipation guys.

I'm still optimistically crossing my fingers for Kite this arc.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh man.... Deep Purple animated. That would be AMAZING.

What other techniques/hatus do you guys want to see animated the most? Deep Purple's top of the list for me, and seeing Killua in Kanmuru would be pretty cool, too.

Pretty much always Top 10. Occasionally Top 15 (depending whats on). If you need a series to compare it to, it gets often more or equal ratings with Naruto: Shippuden.
That's pretty damn good, considering Shippuden is an established and very well-known show. Then again, I heard HxH is pretty popular in of itself in Japan compared to the US.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top