Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Good episode =)

Chapters 66 + 69... And bye-bye Whale Island ! Sorry, guys !

Next week, Body Collector's Mansion + Mizuken. Little filler ?
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Great episode! I loved the part with Ging and Yggdrasil!

Looks like next episode will be Flesh Collectors. So that leaves only one more opportunity for Kite flashback, during the empty spot in episode 40 with chapter 70.
Only last way I can possibly see it happening is with Gon telling Killua about it on the boat they left on in this episode.

I really enjoyed all the foreshadowing. Kil says to Gon in Hunterpedia 'what does Ging want?' and Gon says 'When I meet him I will ask him!'
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Good episode full of lots of information. Loved the scene with Ging and Yggdrasil. :)

I really enjoyed all the foreshadowing. Kil says to Gon in Hunterpedia 'what does Ging want?' and Gon says 'When I meet him I will ask him!
Same here. I like all these little things I'm catching at the beginning of the series now that I've read through chapter 340. Yggdrasil, etc...

Did you all catch the figurines on Milluki's shelves?

And finally we get to see Kurapika again next week!

About Kaito... I'm predicting a flashback when they meet him after Greed Island at this point.
 
Last edited:

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Take it how you will but as someone with some insider knowledge on the Western side of things,
I am predicting Funimation will announce the licensing of Hunter x Hunter 2011, in October 2013ish.
Not saying any more. Take it how you will.
I would think it would be more logical for them to announce it between now during cons all the cons (FUNi stated they still have quite a bit to announce this summer) or early next spring with a target of Fall 2013.

Fairy Tail was licensed in April 2011, released in Fall 2011, after first airing in Japan in Fall 2009. If they don't announce the title until October 2013, it wouldn't get a release until Summer 2014...

I really like how much creepier Melody looks. Giving her grey hair makes her all the more ugly. However, I do think that Squala looks a bit too mean given his personality; though, this might just be his 'evil' first impression that we see.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Haven't heard that tape for a long time, and ch 1 intro is back... yay!!!

OOh my Kura chan is there....
 
Last edited:

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This was a nice episode yet again. I'm still a tad cynical on the matter of kites flashback being near the Begining of the C.A. or G.I. arc since I'm positive I read somewhere that they were holding it back so the voice would be closer to his appearance.

Otherwise I can't wait til next week, It looks like we'll be seeing some of Kurapika's training thats either from the you-know-what ahead or filler. Either way it didn't look like Kurapika got much sleep at the end there XD

BTW someone needs to make a gif of Killua the tape killer XD

OH! I saw Kurama on one of Milluki's shelves I didn't pause or have enough time nor of a good shot to see the other ones like yuske or hiei, but I'd be surprised if they weren't there XD
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
OH! I saw Kurama on one of Milluki's shelves I didn't pause or have enough time nor of a good shot to see the other ones like yuske or hiei, but I'd be surprised if they weren't there XD
Indeed, and Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama in their Dark Tournament garb are also on the second shelf on the right in this pic, but not in nearly as much detail as the other Kurama one.

Also, I don't think there's any need for filler next week... especially with it being the beginning of the arc. The previous stuff covered with Mizuken was what was filler; this upcoming stuff is the true Kurapika training part. And if Squala, Basho, and Baise are introduced, we get some decent Mansion intro too. I suppose Dalzollene will be saved for episode 40 :D I will miss his introduction from the 1999 series though, with him playing Chopin's Heroic as everyone is fighting.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Very good episode this week. The part with Ging was absolutely perfect! and we got to see a certain tree! :hee

Next week will be the beginning of the flesh collectors mansion! and by the looks of the preview a little bit of filler, so I hope it'll be interesting.

Here are some screen caps I took

Kurama figure


YYH figures on Miluki's 2nd shelve from left to right Kurama, Yusuke, Hiei, and Koenma


EDIT*

I didn't realize the pics were already posted lol.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think I see Sailor Moon on the second shelf from the bottom, left hand side. At least the hair resembles hers.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Haha, that might actually be her :D
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ohhh I wonder what Miluki does with those dolls....:heh
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I really like this episode ,particularly the ending.
And madhouse also confirm most of our suspicion about the "tree" thing which is darn cool.
But
correct me if I'm wrong ,did Ging ever state that the actual world tree only appear in the outside world?
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really like this episode ,particularly the ending.
And madhouse also confirm most of our suspicion about the "tree" thing which is darn cool.
But
correct me if I'm wrong ,did Ging ever state that the actual world tree only appear in the outside world?
No of course he didn't say that. We saw Gon climb one remember, when he met Ging. I loved the way World Tree looked in this ep.


Pretty good ep, but now I'm so much more excited for the next one, I feel my favorite arc of HxH has officially begun in 2011 anime :3c.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
A great episode again. Sadly, it seems like there'll be no Kaito till GI ending =(
The only thing that seemed strange is this:
I mean, I was sure that it was Hatsu ability rewinding the tape. So why wasn't it colored?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
A great episode again. Sadly, it seems like there'll be no Kaito till GI ending =(
The only thing that seemed strange is this:
I mean, I was sure that it was Hatsu ability rewinding the tape. So why wasn't it colored?
Pretty sure it wasn't Hatsu. Killua mentions that you can detect who someone is by their voice and determine their Nen type. No way would Ging reveal his Hatsu like that. I'm guessing he embued the thing with Ren to excellerate the rewind and record at an unstoppable rate. It also had to be embued with Ren because the thing had Gyo strengthing ii because it was fortified so it could not be destroyed.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Pretty sure it wasn't Hatsu. Killua mentions that you can detect who someone is by their voice and determine their Nen type. No way would Ging reveal his Hatsu like that. I'm guessing he embued the thing with Ren to excellerate the rewind and record at an unstoppable rate. It also had to be embued with Ren because the thing had Gyo strengthing ii because it was fortified so it could not be destroyed.
It wasn't necessarily HIS Hatsu. But I'm pretty sure that any interactions with objects having commands in them is Hatsu property. Not to mention that aura was emitted from the body. It obviously had Ten or sth like that which was defending the tape recorder, but not only that.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Here, found it.
Hatsu (發, Release; Act) is the release or transmission of one's aura so it can be projected to carry out a certain function.
Rewinding the tape or rerecording it is neither of the basic principles. It is obviously a certain function which is Hatsu.
PS Probably Manipulation + Emission and maybe some Enhacement )
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It wasn't necessarily HIS Hatsu. But I'm pretty sure that any interactions with objects having commands in them is Hatsu property. Not to mention that aura was emitted from the body. It obviously had Ten or sth like that which was defending the tape recorder, but not only that.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Here, found it.
Hatsu (發, Release; Act) is the release or transmission of one's aura so it can be projected to carry out a certain function.
Rewinding the tape or rerecording it is neither of the basic principles. It is obviously a certain function which is Hatsu.
PS Probably Manipulation + Emission and maybe some Enhacement )
I'm thinking that there is the possibility that not all Hatsu has colour. For example Wing used Hatsu to transform a paper into a blade, no real definable colour.
I think it is hostile nen that is coloured (Hisoka's ren was purple)
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I'm thinking that there is the possibility that not all Hatsu has colour. For example Wing used Hatsu to transform a paper into a blade, no real definable colour.
I think it is hostile nen that is coloured (Hisoka's ren was purple)
When Wing transformed a paper into a blade, it may as well be something like Shu. That's why it lost its sharpness very soon - aura couldn't be left within body for long without using Hatsu. Plus it had bluish lightnings which may be some sort of coloring Hatsu =D
I hope you're wrong and it is just a mistake of theirs. I loved the idea of Hatsu being colored =O
Sry for my bad English and I hope I made myself clear.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
This episode was over so fast, probably because I enjoyed it a lot xD! And as soon as the Milluki scene showed up I began searching for the Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon figures. Pretty awesome seeing the World Tree too, though I didn't quite like the way the animators drew Ging in that scene. So far all of the character designs in the anime have improved upon the manga's designs, yet at the same time they still managed to match Togashi's style. Young Ging looked awesome, as well as the Ging shown in the second ending. I'm hoping he'll look cooler when he shows up again later on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top