- Joined
- Mar 18, 2011
- Messages
- 7,395
- Reaction score
- 1,302
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Go England! Way to waste our time. Maybe Terry will become the captain again.
Basically there are a lot of exceptions in regards to freedom of speech which range from abuse to incitement, (Incitement to terrorism is a favourite by the police post london bombings i.e. you can be locked up for saying something like "we need to bomb london to make our point" but not for "london deserved to be bombed", semantics). As in in anything else you have every right to say racist stuff, but you cant say it to abuse people. Something this whole trial stood on. John terry admitted to saying black cunt, which is a racist term. He cannot be tried for that. The issue was whether he said it as a question (which his defence states) or if he said it to attack Ferdinand. I agree with what you say though, a lot of the laws here need to be seriously reassessed. Dont even get me started on our libel and injunction laws. >.>I'm saying it comes down to a free speech issue. Within the bylaws of the FA they can do what they want, but the law should have no place in this kind of matter. That's why I brought up actually physical assault since that happens all the time. But in the realm of sport it's accepted to be a hazard of the game and it's not always seen by the officials. But there sure is enough videotape evidence. It's the same with verbal things but they're not always as conspicuous. So because someone who wasn't even within range of hearing what happened complained they opened an investigation? (Was this person even AT the match?) It seems hyper-sensitive and I don't see what purpose it serves. But again, the FA itself can do whatever they want and have.
Since you have to "prove beyond all reasonable doubt" and there was doubt, the defence won.The defendant does not deny that he used the words, “fuck off, fuck off”,
“fucking black cunt” or “fucking knobhead”. His case is that his words were
not uttered by way of abuse or insult nor were they intended to be abusive or
insulting. [..] He says they were used after a perceived false accusation made by Mr
Ferdinand, the accusation being to the effect that the defendant had used the
term “black cunt” during their exchanges with each other.
Weighing all the evidence together, I think it is highly unlikely that Mr
Ferdinand accused Mr Terry on the pitch of calling him a black cunt.
However I accept that it is possible that Mr Terry believed at the time, and
believes now, that such an accusation was made.
The prosecution evidence as to what was said by Mr Ferdinand at this point
is not strong. Mr Cole gives corroborating (although far from compelling corroborating)
evidence on this point. It is therefore possible that what he said was not
intended as an insult, but rather as a challenge to what he believed had
been said to him.
In those circumstances, there being a doubt, the only verdict the court can
record is one of not guilty.
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/st...weet-chelsea-ashley-cole-sparks-investigationRio's saying other people are being insensitive and racist? Well, maybe he should look himself in the eye on this one. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847477



Yeah, probably. It seems that it's done, but we'll see. I'm watching the Olympics to see Oscar and Hulk.So Chelsea is planing to buy Oscar it seems. A great player who would do well for any team. I bet his performance at Olympics will either strengthen their interest in him or open up new proposes. But I think it's pretty much settled since he went to do medical check ups.
Well, Porto's not getting their 100m euros, so who knows. We'll see what happens on that front. It does look like Oscar's been sigined though.Indeed both Hulk and Oscar are great players. I wonder if Chelsea still wants Hulk or have given up or those were only rumors. Though Porto does want a huge sum of money in exchange for Hulk which makes things difficult.

Midnight? Go watch the match.Unfortunately can't watch it right now cuse it's almost midnight and I should be going to sleep already
Last time I saw a team pay that much for a player it was Kaká and C.Ronaldo I think. Kaká was a terrible mistake for Real, can't blame him since he's got a glass knee and is always having surgeries so it's hard to keep it together. Ronaldo on the other hand was worth every cent they paid for him.
But Hulk is not worth that much even though he's very good.
Oscar is pretty much in already since his team is already buying and looking for other players to fill in the hole. They got Forlan and some other guy and are probably looking for one more player.
Ah, well that's good. We'll see what happens.Oscar is very good I'd say he's got a great field vision, lots of will and this I think is one of his best traits he fights a lot for the ball and even tough he's kinda skinny he can give some body fight, he helps a lot the defense guys too and his passes accuracy is high in a game for Brazil he made 47 passes and only missed 3. I think he would be very good for chelsea.


I was watching the match on and off. Liverpool signed that Italian guy, but he's not out here.Apparantly Chelsea and PSG are buying every player available. Man Utd are probably under pressure to sign a C. Ronaldo replacement, cuz I don't see any reason to buy this Lucas guy. Liverpool aren't even signing anyone yet
I'm watching the Liverpool vs Roma game right now actually![]()

