Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Brave? Is that the redhead mulan? Well, wikipedia would tell us that overall the movie was well received. 77% positive reviews on rotten tomatoes, 3 out of 4 stars... Can't say I would go watch that particular movie though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't care about these run of the mill animations anymore. There's too many of them. Complete over-saturation.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
But it is Pixar. Only mistake on their record is Cars and the sequel.

I do agree that Brave doesn't seem as original and creative as most of their ideas. As said, it seems like basicly Mulan in celtic setting. What pissed me most, that it has been out in States for weeks I guess, but it isn't coming here untill one and a half months. Not like I'm sure if I'm gonna watch it though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
But it is Pixar. Only mistake on their record is Cars and the sequel.

I do agree that Brave doesn't seem as original and creative as most of their ideas. As said, it seems like basicly Mulan in celtic setting. What pissed me most, that it has been out in States for weeks I guess, but it isn't coming here untill one and a half months. Not like I'm sure if I'm gonna watch it though.
Even so...and I know fans of these types of animated films will say there are differences between the the companies, but it's all one big colorful blob to me. Only some here and there look interesting to me.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It'd be cool to see some hand-drawn animated films again. I was actually planning on watching Winnie the Pooh but then I realized I be the only person my age inside the theater...
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Indeed. For that, I sort of hope that the Bone or Blacksad film projects would rise from the production graveyard.

Talking of animated features, I'm quite curious of ParaNorman. It looks so good it's hard to believe its stop-motion. The story though.. It's borderline wheter it's gonna turn out kinda cool, funny and funky horror stuff with plenty of cult references, or just another childrens supernatural detective. Like the art style of it a lot though.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I haven't watched Brave yet, but I didn't feel the similarity with Mulan.

When you think about it, almost all of these princess stories are about changing their destinies, and that's about it. So other than that major plot device, I feel this movie had a unique twang to it. not story-wise, but I thought the Celtic setting is sort of cool and "new". And the soundtrack sounds amazing.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Lincoln (2012)





Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln
Directed by Steven Spielberg
Screenplay among others by Tony Kushner (Munich)

I wasn't following this project up-to date. I saw some productions stills somewhere, but didn't expect this movie to come out this year. This is quite a positive surprise. I thought this year was only about TDKR and Avengers, basically comic heroes.

I love history, Abraham Lincoln is my favourite American president. I also like DDL. He is known as a real character actor. I hope this movie does well. But honestly, seeing the cast, I have no doubts. I smell a few Oscars. :super
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
This movie has the potential to be fan-freaking-tastic. The cast is pretty exceptional looking and it's Spielberg......oh and DDL....has he ever been in a bad movie?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm surprised it's him. The only movie I can remember with him on it was Last of the Mohicans. :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm surprised it's him. The only movie I can remember with him on it was Last of the Mohicans. :oh
:SOON

My Left Foot. Gangs of New York. The Boxer. There Will Be Blood.The Age of Innocence.....others I think
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
He's praised to be one of the best actors, not hearing from him might come from him not doing much in the last two decades. From what I've seen he's a great character actor. Weird having two movies with Lincoln within a year, even if they are totally different. ^^
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He's praised to be one of the best actors, not hearing from him might come from him not doing much in the last two decades. From what I've seen he's a great character actor. Weird having two movies with Lincoln within a year, even if they are totally different. ^^
In the last two decades? :huh He's only been acting since the 80s really. It's more of a quality over quantity thing with him as he hasn't made a TON of movies.

I think there's actually going to be a third movie. Dealing with the women in his life or something.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There is already a cheap rip-off of the Lincoln Zombie movie.

He was most active in the 80s/early 90s, so that's nearly two decades for me. Yes we are that old already... Never said it's not quality>quantity with me, I prefer that direction too. Many movies take a lot of time to become great.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
A cheap ripoff of Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter? :blink

True, but only slightly more so in the 80s (9), then 90s (5), 00s (4), and this decade so far, 2.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No one has heard of that I bet...straight to DVD :p

Yeah, I'm actually surprised he hasn't worked more. It's not like he's in a movie every couple of months, but I didn't realize how scarce it is.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did anyone else find Bane's voice in the DKR extremely creepy and menacing? I got chills every time I heard him speak :^_^
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I have not made up my mind about bane's voice. Overall it makes perfect sense within the movie however I don't think it actually gets to be creepy. I do admit I would have loved to see bane with his actual comic accent though. If nolan found a way to pull that off and make it scary for the viewers it would have been far more incredible. Perhaps that would have required a huge change to the movie, I doubt bane would make sense as a mexican wrestler or terrorist.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
While at first I had mixed feelings concerning Bane's voice, especially how weird his enunciation sounded at times, at the end I grew to love it. The Sean Connery-esque accent was a little weird though...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top