Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yeah, but still, she IS Emitter. http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Melody I'm not sure, but I think it was stated in manga when she calmed Kurapika down by playing the flute. Also her hearing ability could probably be Ehnahced by Nen as well.
I didn't know this either. Thank you.

Sure, I know he is an asshole. And that's why I don't like him. He is my least favourite from the main characters.
Me too, though that is not to say I don't like him. He's just at the bottom of the list for me.

Ironically, Yorkshin is where some people loved Kurapika more than the others I think. I thought it was interesting, but I still like the others more.

Ok so now that the Flesh Collector's Mansion is complete how are y'all feeling for Yorknew?

Excited or have you lost hope?
I'll wait until they show the Spiders. But right now, I'm looking forward to seeing how Madhouse adapts it.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I too think Kurapika is a jerk. But so is Gon when you think about it. Yet I think both are very interesting characters.

Hell I like Kurapika BETTER when he's a jerkass.

I like the Kurapika who's cold, calculating, ready to explode at any minute, ruthless, and narrow minded. That makes him interesting.
But yet he DOES cherish his friends. Kurapika knows his priorities. Did he abadon his friends? Yes but why? Because he didn't want them to get hurt.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Ironically, Yorkshin is where some people loved Kurapika more than the others I think. I thought it was interesting, but I still like the others more.
Ironically, that is the same arc which caused me hating Kurapika xD He wasn't such an asshole before YS.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I too think Kurapika is a jerk. But so is Gon when you think about it. Yet I think both are very interesting characters.

Hell I like Kurapika BETTER when he's a jerkass.

I like the Kurapika who's cold, calculating, ready to explode at any minute, ruthless, and narrow minded. That makes him interesting.
But yet he DOES cherish his friends. Kurapika knows his priorities. Did he abadon his friends? Yes but why? Because he didn't want them to get hurt.
Yeah, Gon is jerk too, but Kurapika is way overboard. Gon at least respects his friends and believes in them, so he wouldn't abandon them. Kurapika is indeed interesting, but I can't symphatise with him =/
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think Kurapika's jerk-ness is different from Gon's. Though I do agree that they are both jerks, just in different ways

I thought about this, and I think I only put Kurapika at the bottom of the list because I got tired of him. Or maybe I easily get tired of the fangirls. Gack, please don't kill me. I still think he's interesting though.

And yes, Kurapika is better and much more interesting if he's a calculating jerk who knows his priorities.
 

You Say

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
240
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Ok so now that the Flesh Collector's Mansion is complete how are y'all feeling for Yorknew?
Excited or have you lost hope?
I'm excited.
And so am I. Things were looking good so far and I believe in Madhouse. Still, soundtrack should really get more sly, sneaky and dark… Current themes are really too beat-y for Yorkshin. But on OST II disc were some nice tracks.

As for Kurapika, he's my favourite character from whole HxH. I like "quest for revenge" theme in general, but there aren't many shounen titles which would get this theme done in right way. (<- I might be gravely mistaken and there are many and many titles which get it right, but I don't actually read much of shounen.) His character is nicely developed. I like how unyielding he is, like: "I want my revenge, so no mercy for you, asshole."

If I were to make a main character ranking it would go: Kurapika > Leorio > Gon > Killua.
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
He's my fav too :D
Kurapika is a bit cold person, but during the exam and saving killua- arc it didn't really show because he was concentrating on other things. And he got such a good friends.
He probably knew of Gon's situation, but didn't want to contact them anymore because of what happened during the yorkshin arc. Friends are very important to him, but he sees them as his weakness and doesn't want to envolve them anymore.

Anyway I liked the episode, but the recap at the start of the episode was way too long. And the music didn't fit that well in my opinion. Creepy how the shoved the ex employee.
And about senritsu..
Senritsu's ability to hear so well is something she got when she heard the demonic music which will be explained later.
 
Last edited:

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok so now that the Flesh Collector's Mansion is complete how are y'all feeling for Yorknew?

Excited or have you lost hope?

I'm excited.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------




I was unaware of that. Thanks for the info! :)
There's a manga chapter cover page that describes their Nen ability and type, like those of the Ryodan members, for some of Neon's body-guards, like Senritsu. Let me just skim Yorkshin's volumes after it...

No luck finding it. I think it's the cover of some slightly unrelated chapter, as in, Senritsu doesn't even appear and/or doesn't use her ability.

Yup, found it.
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14130-2/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-121.html

As I thought, it's the cover from the beginning of GI, which doesn't really have much to do with her.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ironically, that is the same arc which caused me hating Kurapika xD He wasn't such an asshole before YS.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------


Yeah, Gon is jerk too, but Kurapika is way overboard. Gon at least respects his friends and believes in them, so he wouldn't abandon them. Kurapika is indeed interesting, but I can't symphatise with him =/
But it's like I said why DID Kurapika abandon his friends. The answer is because he didn't want them to get hurt.

Now if you say "well he could just give up on revenge" well true. He could.

But let's look at Gon.

Gon wanted to avenge Kite and so he fought Pitou. Gon and Killua were originally supposed to fight Pitou together.
But then things got dicey with the whole Komugi issue. Gon basically ditched Killua to go restore Kite. Then finally Gon defeats Pitou
with a kamikaze attack and probably would have died if it wasn't for Alluka. Gon wasn't thinking of his friends then. He was only thinking of getting even.

Both Kurapika and Gon have a one track mind when it comes to their goals. However Gon is far less "rational" than Kurapika. While Kurapika is more "cold".

compare Kurapika vs Uvogin---mercilessly planned out cold blooded murder

to Gon vs Pitou--enraged premeditated yet impulsive and erratic slaughter.

Not trying to say one is better than the other but just they are very different types of jerks


Gon and Kurapika are the "seem good but have a dark side to them"

Leorio and Killua are the "seem bad but have a light side to them"

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

And so am I. Things were looking good so far and I believe in Madhouse. Still, soundtrack should really get more sly, sneaky and dark… Current themes are really too beat-y for Yorkshin. But on OST II disc were some nice tracks.

As for Kurapika, he's my favourite character from whole HxH. I like "quest for revenge" theme in general, but there aren't many shounen titles which would get this theme done in right way. (<- I might be gravely mistaken and there are many and many titles which get it right, but I don't actually read much of shounen.) His character is nicely developed. I like how unyielding he is, like: "I want my revenge, so no mercy for you, asshole."

If I were to make a main character ranking it would go: Kurapika > Leorio > Gon > Killua.

Heh. Yeah I take that as why you have a Thorfinn from Vinland Saga avatar. Damn good manga btw.

You know I don't think I could rank the main characters. They're all too awesome.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

He's my fav too :D
Kurapika is a bit cold person, but during the exam and saving killua- arc it didn't really show because he was concentrating on other things. And he got such a good friends.
He probably knew of Gon's situation, but didn't want to contact them anymore because of what happened during the yorkshin arc. Friends are very important to him, but he sees them as his weakness and doesn't want to envolve them anymore.

Anyway I liked the episode, but the recap at the start of the episode was way too long. And the music didn't fit that well in my opinion. Creepy how the shoved the ex employee.
And about senritsu..
Senritsu's ability to hear so well is something she got when she heard the demonic music which will be explained later.

I remembered Melody got her look from the curse but I forgot it was her hearing too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I like how unyielding he is, like: "I want my revenge, so no mercy for you, asshole."
But it's like I said why DID Kurapika abandon his friends. The answer is because he didn't want them to get hurt.

(snip)

Both Kurapika and Gon have a one track mind when it comes to their goals. However Gon is far less "rational" than Kurapika. While Kurapika is more "cold".

compare Kurapika vs Uvogin---mercilessly planned out cold blooded murder

(snip)

Gon and Kurapika are the "seem good but have a dark side to them"
Kurapika in a nutshell everybody.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika aside who is your favorite Nostrade employee?
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
But it's like I said why DID Kurapika abandon his friends. The answer is because he didn't want them to get hurt.

Now if you say "well he could just give up on revenge" well true. He could.
No, that's not what I was trying to say. I was saying that Gon, even though being a jerk sometimes, believes that his friends can defend them themselves. He wouldn't abandon them for such a stupid reason as trying to defend them. That's why I can't help but admire him. Kurapika is, on the other hand, more like a lone wolf. I don't like those types, especially those trying to look cool.

But let's look at Gon.

Gon wanted to avenge
Kite
and so he fought Pitou. Gon and Killua were originally supposed to fight Pitou together.
But then things got dicey with the whole Komugi issue. Gon basically ditched Killua to go restore Kite. Then finally Gon defeats Pitou
with a kamikaze attack and probably would have died if it wasn't for Alluka. Gon wasn't thinking of his friends then. He was only thinking of getting even.

Both Kurapika and Gon have a one track mind when it comes to their goals. However Gon is far less "rational" than Kurapika. While Kurapika is more "cold".

compare Kurapika vs Uvogin---mercilessly planned out cold blooded murder

to Gon vs Pitou--enraged premeditated yet impulsive and erratic slaughter.

Not trying to say one is better than the other but just they are very different types of jerks
Yes, I agree that they are very different, yet I personally like Gon much more than Kurapika.


Gon and Kurapika are the "seem good but have a dark side to them"

Leorio and Killua are the "seem bad but have a light side to them"

You know I don't think I could rank the main characters. They're all too awesome.
My top is Killua > Gon = Leorio >>> Kurapika. And if we include Hisoka, he is obviously the best one xD


I remembered Melody got her look from the curse but I forgot it was her hearing too.
Yeah, same here.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Kurapika aside who is your favorite Nostrade employee?
Definitely Bashou. I mean, isn't the Great Haikuist great? =D
Senritsu is nice too. That's probably because she is the most important story-wise. Squala for the same reason, I really sympathized with him during that scene with Nobunaga and Pakunoda.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
As expected. We haven't even reached the Yorkshin auctions and the fights, and already we're dissecting Kurapika. :lmao

As much as I appreciate the ticking time bomb thing, this discussion is making me miss the coldness in Kurapika's manga counterpart. I think part of what makes him calculating in the manga was how we don't realize how much rage he's harboring inside. And how methodical and indifferent he is when dealing with the Spiders.

And there's just this certain look in his eyes whenever Togashi draws him that makes me feel cold when reading him.

Remember when he called up someone (Gon, I think) after defeating Uvo? That was the epitome of coldness. The aftermath of the fight was just as chilling as the fight itself.

Kurapika aside who is your favorite Nostrade employee?
Madhouse made me fall in love with all of them, to be honest. Can't wait to see Baise in a suit.

Though Senritsu will always have a special place in my heart. I gotta say, I love her VA here.

(I'm sensing a question along the lines of "Aside from Hisoka and Chrollo, who is your favorite Ryodan member?" soon.)

My top is Killua > Gon = Leorio >>> Kurapika.
Gon = Killua = Leorio > Kurapika. By just a little bit. I'm hoping Madhouse will change this and make this balanced. Like how they made me fall in love with the Nostrade employees.

Really, Togashi will have to really try to make me dislike an HxH character. And he'll probably still fail when he does.
 
Last edited:

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
-EPISODE 40-

We start with the surprise attack, and yes, the butler dies. However, he was manipulated by Baise to protect her. Nippon's adaptation didn't show him die because he wasn't there to begin with. Madhouse also shows us how strong is Senritsu by flipping a table with a smack to the floor!





We get Kurapika's new technique "Dowsing Chain"/"The Guiding Ring Finger Chain" and at first he blocked the bullets by spinning the chain instead of random moves, and bullets were crushed instead of being blocked between the chain pieces.





"I don't need to use my hands!"


vs

"I have a chair and I don't know how to use it!"



The knife's position was different. In the manga it was pointed at his throat, but here it's in front of his face. In Nippon's adaptation Kurapika used a piece from the chandelier instead of a knife.





We see here one of Shachmono's men shrinking that did not occur in the manga.



I'm not sure if this a translation error or a dialogue change, but Kurpaika says the guy who did the attack was a manipulator instead of an emitter. Someone makes this clear to us.




Shachmono's comment about Kurapika's ability was not in the manga




"And you shall be an eggplant!"


Senritsu gives an explanation about dowsing. This wasn't present in the manga.



And yes, here's a confirmation that she's indeed a woman. Nippon's adaptation extended this scene by making her and Kurapika the suspects and didn't mention her gender.




The soundtrack for Basho's scene was nice and fitting to what he was doing.



The chair in Nippon's adaptation did not blaze as the manga and Madhouse's adaptation.






Wait a minute, he says he's a hunter even though a moment ago said he doesn't have an official license?


Baise had a video camera in the manga and Nippon's adaptation. In Nippon's adaptation she also stomps Squalla's balls! Also, she looks awful! And the voice does not sync well with her lip movement!








Now I wonder if she uses her abilities on women as well.....!!


Both version gave an explanation to Squalla's plan, although Madhouse made it better.




The rest is filler.


To those who wonder, why does the subs call Senritsu "Melody"? That's because Senritsu's direct translation is Melody. This name was used by Viz in both manga and Nippon's adaptation's subs. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's a name and names should not be translated.


That man... I think I know who he is...!



Coming Soon to theaters!


The rest till the falcon's arrival is filler.








Nippon's adaptation gave a farewell scene for Gon to Mito and Grandma. If I knew about it I would've included it two episodes ago. Oh, well.



Wait, they don't know he's an assassin?! Have they forgot what has he done in episode 46?!!


Then an adventure montage, and we see Yorknew in... Italy?!



Overall, an okay episode. 7.5/10
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Ironically, that is the same arc which caused me hating Kurapika xD He wasn't such an asshole before YS.
He has always been ... particular. Often selfish and stubborn (Majitani, for example.) Or arrogant and irreverent (With Leorio, on the boat, with Mizuken...)

I thought about this, and I think I only put Kurapika at the bottom of the list because I got tired of him. Or maybe I easily get tired of the fangirls. Gack, please don't kill me. I still think he's interesting though.
If 99 highlights Kurapika, I feel Madhouse like Killua.

And Kil has more fangirls than Kurapika. We see his cute expressions everywhere. *Cries*

I'm sad to see "Oh, one more episode with Kurapika ? I miss Killua so muuuch !" Oo Please, Gon & Kil have 320 chapters/340.

[Yeah, I hate Killua :teehee]
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
If 99 highlights Kurapika, I feel Madhouse like Killua.

And Kil has more fangirls than Kurapika. We see his cute expressions everywhere. *Cries*

I'm sad to see "Oh, one more episode with Kurapika ? I miss Killua so muuuch !" Oo Please, Gon & Kil have 320 chapters/340.

[Yeah, I hate Killua :teehee]
Heh, guess you're right. I think Madhouse is focusing on Killua's expressions a lot too. He steals the show even when he's not supposed to.

We should get another anime to highlight Leorio now, lol.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Kurapika is my least favorite main character but i don't disapprove his methods.It's just that he is too careful.He wants to kill them since 3 years, the loss of his clan traumatized him and made him overprotective but he won't be angry if one of his friends make a fatal error(what he said to Gon,Killua and Leorio was the best quote for me).

My ranking is: Killua>Gon=Leorio>Kurapika. But i like Feitan more than Gon and Leorio:teehee.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My quick opinion on Kurapika is that he is probably my least favorite, but I don't dislike him, I think all four are awesome. For me though, while Kurapika's revenge is interesting and nicely played out, He didn't really do squat for 3 arcs, plus I really wanted Leorio, another character I enjoy, to start having some momments (Election arc was a good start, lets keep it going...). Plus while I like my cold and calculative characters, I'm more prone to fun, sarcastic, or just plain silly/goofy characters more which the rest of the group fit in nicley with XD

as far as favorite employee, its basho with Senritsu/melody coming in second.

@shinobi-03
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
He has always been ... particular. Often selfish and stubborn (Majitani, for example.) Or arrogant and irreverent (With Leorio, on the boat, with Mizuken...)
Yeah, that's for sure. But YS shows even more of his nature.

If 99 highlights Kurapika, I feel Madhouse like Killua.

And Kil has more fangirls than Kurapika. We see his cute expressions everywhere. *Cries*

I'm sad to see "Oh, one more episode with Kurapika ? I miss Killua so muuuch !" Oo Please, Gon & Kil have 320 chapters/340.

[Yeah, I hate Killua :teehee]
Well, I'm fine with it as I like Killua much more than Kurapika )

Heh, guess you're right. I think Madhouse is focusing on Killua's expressions a lot too. He steals the show even when he's not supposed to.

We should get another anime to highlight Leorio now, lol.
Y U NO HIGHLIGHT GON? I thought he was the main character =D

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Wait a minute, he says he's a hunter even though a moment ago said he doesn't have an official license?
Not all Hunters are professional ones =D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top