Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Tocino's ability uses Emission and Manipulation regardless right? I guess he could be either one to me still.
Yup. As I say frequently, there are only a bunch of technique that relies in only one type of Hatsu. The rest is always a combination. But the main thing here is not how far they were, but how many can be controlled. It makes more sense, since Deep Purple consist more and less on the same.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Watching Senritsu gif...
I hope that when they make the requiem, Kuroro actually moves his arm like a music director.
In the old anime he just waved his arms wildly, it was kind of funny.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Okay, I have to put this out there....

Am I the only one not bothered by Kurapika's new hair length? I've been seeing a lot of complaints about it.
I honestly didn't notice it after a while. I noticed it in the OP (obviously, since he was holding a few locks out), but by the time we got to Flesh Collector's Mansion, I didn't notice at all. Hm... I like the change.

If there's anything that I can comment on his new looks, it'd be the earring. I want to see more of it.

And also the contact lenses. Madhouse can't forget that. Although I honestly forget why he wore them in the first place.

Speaking of appearances, are his eyes really grey in the manga? I thought they were brown. Anyway, I do like grey eyes. Although it feels a bit redundant since Chrollo also has grey eyes in this anime, I think. '99 has him with aqua or blue eyes IIRC.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
And also the contact lenses. Madhouse can't forget that. Although I honestly forget why he wore them in the first place.
I don't think they forgot about it, it's actually the reason why Kurapika's eyes are not really red in this picture.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Speaking of appearances, are his eyes really grey in the manga? I thought they were brown. Anyway, I do like grey eyes. Although it feels a bit redundant since Chrollo also has grey eyes in this anime, I think. '99 has him with aqua or blue eyes IIRC.
Yes, brown in the manga. (Typical of Kurta.) I wonder why the two series have changed that... =/

Manga : Brown/Black/Red
99 : Green/Blue/Black/Red
2o11 : Grey/Black/Red

Oh, and...

Do you think MH is able to show him in a receptionist skirt ?
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Do you think MH is able to show him in a receptionist skirt ?
I don't see why not. I mean, if they can show Hisoka getting turned on fighting Gon and naked, I don't see why they couldn't show that.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I don't think they forgot about it, it's actually the reason why Kurapika's eyes are not really red in this picture.
Oh, good call!

Yes, brown in the manga. (Typical of Kurta.) I wonder why the two series have changed that... =/

Manga : Brown/Black/Red
99 : Green/Blue/Black/Red
2o11 : Grey/Black/Red
I wonder about that too. I guess brown is too close to red? The change from blue(/green) to red, or grey to red, is more striking than brown to red.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Tocino's ability uses Emission and Manipulation regardless right? I guess he could be either one to me still.
Well, Madhouse actually added in a little scene to clarify that he was definitely a Manipulator. They show one of his Assistants shrinking down into a little tiny doll-like thing. If he were an Emitter, there would be no physical object.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, Madhouse actually added in a little scene to clarify that he was definitely a Manipulator. They show one of his Assistants shrinking down into a little tiny doll-like thing. If he were an Emitter, there would be no physical object.
In the manga, when he uses the same ability later, those "balloons" also appear, and stretch. I always thought he "emitted" his aura to the inside of the balloons.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Yea that's how I still see it, no reason he can't be Manipulator though. There is a line later where he mentions Franklin being an emitter just like him, I guess that lines gonna change.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Yes, brown in the manga. (Typical of Kurta.) I wonder why the two series have changed that... =/

Manga : Brown/Black/Red
99 : Green/Blue/Black/Red
2o11 : Grey/Black/Red

Oh, and...

Do you think MH is able to show him in a receptionist skirt ?
why is he in a skirt in the manga?

Lets look at the first OVA
here he's wearing....

==============================
No Neon blue......I get it, I like blue, my first imagine of her change hair color was green since neon... but anyway...
but manga neon is pink right?
then how are they gonna color her with wig then??? since they used the supposed color (blue or black will be fine for me)???

hmmmm, maybe they'll use pink on the wig???

Someone try to recolor her in other pages... still look good in pink, but anyway I can endure....
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol i never noticed until now that Kurapika was wearing a skirt

Also I wouldn't really consider that manga coloring of Neon to be much indication of her hair color. Yes it's pink...but the whole panel has a pinkish hue to it.

And Killua's shoes are orange when on the cover of 6 I think they are purple and blue.

the way I see it...there are no official colors for Hunter x Hunter.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

the wig will likely be black but really I'm fine with whatever it is. The point is that it's a wig.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Lol i never noticed until now that Kurapika was wearing a skirt

Also I wouldn't really consider that manga coloring of Neon to be much indication of her hair color. Yes it's pink...but the whole panel has a pinkish hue to it.

And Killua's shoes are orange when on the cover of 6 I think they are purple and blue.

the way I see it...there are no official colors for Hunter x Hunter.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

the wig will likely be black but really I'm fine with whatever it is. The point is that it's a wig.
I have a Chinese copy of that manga, it was pink for the hair and brown for the eyes... I bought it a few years ago in a booksale and thought its in English... Its hq though...

==================
Mug shots
Love them all

http://www.ntv.co.jp/hunterhunter/character/other_04.html said:

Eliza color is so wonderfull

Sometimes I wonder is he really the father???
sorry for this

Source: Facebook
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a Chinese copy of that manga, it was pink for the hair and brown for the eyes... I bought it a few years ago in a booksale and thought its in English... Its hq though...
I know I saw...but I'm saying even though Togashi colored it I don't think he meant it to be "official". Otherwise she have pink hair with pinkish tinted skin wearing a pink dress. Though maybe that's the scan quality? In any case, it's hard to tell if Togashi really thought she should have pink hair or just wanted to
evoke a certain feeling via those colors.

Besides if those are the "official" colors then why is Gon's hair and eyes blue there? When other times his hair is green and his eyes black.

Togashi is too inconsistent with the colors for them to be official.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Hunter x Hunter is finally getting to Yorknew arc ,one of the best arc and I now want to give up on watching it....I need to get my brain check.:-_-

On the side note, I kinda like this episode.Madhouse is actually making me care for the Kurapika's co-worker.Baise actually seem pretty cool.
Which is pretty pointless because 5 of them died in this arc .





O.O
She looks X100 better than in the nippon verison.She look more like the manga version.(She look completely different in the nippon version.)
Too bad her boyfriend got decapitated.
It is just me or that Madhouse seem to love the colour purple or blue? Baise ,Kikyo ,Kalluto all seem to have a purplish colour scheme.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I dont have problems with different color schemes later, but its already a realization of not only me but everyone that the first color scheme is always official... not only in this manga but for other manga as well...

Ok I'll look for the first official coloring of Gon... wait a sec...
FOUND

and Kite as well

wsj and first tankobon(volume) version...
Iw onder whats the change on HxH treasure...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^^ I dont have problems with different color schemes later, but its already a realization of not only me but everyone that the first color scheme is always official... not only in this manga but for other manga as well...

Ok I'll look for the first official coloring of Gon... wait a sec...
This post to be updated...
I disagree. As long as Togashi is inconsistent with his colors and does not provide clarification it's really a matter of preference.

I mean look at the
Chimera Ants.






---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723095647/hunterxhunter/images/7/7b/Other_nosutorad.gif

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I disagree. As long as Togashi is inconsistent with his colors and does not provide clarification it's really a matter of preference.

I mean look at the Chimera Ants.
is this really the first one? I understand Pitou color here,
might be his color under the cave
, for the other guards,
the other guy is a butterfly type (insect) and the other guy has shape shifting abilities , Togashi has more excuse in using color for this dudes...

I could say this is right... the colors are properly segregated here...

I understand why their hair color and body color is changing here... both characters where
giving their "energies, I mean what i understand is theyre feeding themsleves to Meyem" here...
just right color scheme for the other two but Pitou?
maybe its an art in a form of spoiler, blue signifies death as well... in some art appreciation class...

Nevertheless all of what I say here is a mere opinion. But I still believe first color is the official color unless mangaka says otherwise...
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
It is just me or that Madhouse seem to love the colour purple or blue? Baise ,Kikyo ,Kalluto all seem to have a purplish colour scheme.
Don't forget Killua. He's pretty much the embodiment of purple in this anime.

And so is the Zoldyck family by extension. Just look at their mini-arc after the Hunter exam. The atmosphere was pretty much painted with purple undertones.

I noticed they use a lot of purple (and blue) when showing us something dark or mysterious (e.g. Rhythm Echo in episode 7, Killua ripping Jones' heart out, Illumi's 'fight' with Killua during the Hunter exam, Zoldyck mini-arc afterwards (especially when Killua tells Milluki not to hurt Gon), Gon and Killua walking past Hisoka's nen when they reached the 200th floor, etc...)

I hope they don't use this in Yorkshin though. The atmosphere gets darker, but somehow purple doesn't cut it. I want it really dark, like black night sky dark. Where Kurapika's red eyes will really brighten and contrast against the background.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top