Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Don't forget Killua. He's pretty much the embodiment of purple in this anime.

And so is the Zoldyck family by extension. Just look at their mini-arc after the Hunter exam. The atmosphere was pretty much painted with purple undertones.

I noticed they use a lot of purple (and blue) when showing us something dark or mysterious (e.g. Rhythm Echo in episode 7, Killua ripping Jones' heart out, Illumi's 'fight' with Killua during the Hunter exam, Zoldyck mini-arc afterwards (especially when Killua tells Milluki not to hurt Gon), Gon and Killua walking past Hisoka's nen when they reached the 200th floor, etc...)

I hope they don't use this in Yorkshin though. The atmosphere gets darker, but somehow purple doesn't cut it. I want it really dark, like black night sky dark. Where Kurapika's red eyes will really brighten and contrast against the background.
I think blue theme would fit YS greatly. And the trailer has that bluish theme I was hoping for. Purple is a good choise for Zoldycks' arc, byt YS is better in dark blue.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
O_O Blue-haired Kaito?
funny, Togashi used blue in that sense, and his skin looks pale anyway the art from the manga is very old... It could have been planned from the very beginning that
"that body/container" will die
and I also wonder , if there are any color changes in HxH treasure, the reprint edition...

I'm looking for recent color used for Kaito, but no luck yet...
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think blue theme would fit YS greatly. And the trailer has that bluish theme I was hoping for. Purple is a good choise for Zoldycks' arc, byt YS is better in dark blue.
Hm... you're right. I can see the bluish theme in the trailer. I think dark blue will look good for Yorkshin too.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Episode 4o : 4,1 %

Back in Top 1o !
I request chart or graph for the tv ratings.... so I can see the up and downs of the series...
99 tv ratings is recorded here although its incomplete.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Episode 4o : 4,1 %

Back in Top 1o !
Great!

Hopefully the movie and Phantom Troupe arc will help to increase the rating even more.

Where did you find it?
I believe you, but I want to post this in a spanish forum, and I should have a source...
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I dont have problems with different color schemes later, but its already a realization of not only me but everyone that the first color scheme is always official... not only in this manga but for other manga as well...

Ok I'll look for the first official coloring of Gon... wait a sec...
FOUND

and Kite as well

wsj and first tankobon(volume) version...
Iw onder whats the change on HxH treasure...
That page is exactly the same in the Treasure edition. I don't think any changes were made at all, in any place, for the Treasures...
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter x Hunter is finally getting to Yorknew arc ,one of the best arc and I now want to give up on watching it....I need to get my brain check.:-_-

On the side note, I kinda like this episode.Madhouse is actually making me care for the Kurapika's co-worker.Baise actually seem pretty cool.
Which is pretty pointless because 5 of them died in this arc .
Basically what you stated is exactly why Madhouse did that.. lol
People who watch the anime only don't know if the characters are fodder or not.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Making us care about characters who will die off soon is a GOOD idea. Why? Because what do we care if fodder die?
But if people start to become fans of the characters they'll be disappointed when they die so soon. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING.

In stories you want people to care about the characters. \



As for Kurapika's eyes. Remember that we have yet to see him without the contact lens. They are going to be bright as heck when he takes them off
because consider this we've seen them only 1. in the day light and 2. in a lit room with black contact lens.
While Kurapika vs Uvogin takes place at night without the contact lens on.

The ratings will go up for sure. While there will always be the "nothing can be better than the 99 Phantom troupe arc" crowd
I think most are going to be curious as to how it will compare. New fans are digging the series (just look at the comments
on Crunchyroll. Most are rather positive.) Manga fans will be curious to see how it compares. And the Troupe is popular.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------



*EDIT

My bad. Somebody already posted them on the previous page lol.
no worries, mate, it's cool.

as for comparison





---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

ok so characters to be introduced (from Yorknew arc)

Linssen
Ivlenkov
Dude with missing eye (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE THE MISSING EYE THIS TIME)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
ok so characters to be introduced (from Yorknew arc)

Linssen
Ivlenkov
Dude with missing eye (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE THE MISSING EYE THIS TIME)
Injiyuu
Zepairu

So, Kana Ueda for Neon ? Sounds nice =)
 
Last edited:

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Linsen and Ivlenkov should appear next week. But their designs aren't online yet. Maybe it's because their names won't be said until de auction.

On the other side, Nostrade shouldn't came out yet, but they have already uploaded his design.

I fear some chronological changes.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Characters appear on the website when they speak.

Perhaps because Nostrade is on the phone with his daughter in chapter 71 ?

I wonder how they'll make transitions Gon & Kil => Mansion => Gon & Kil => Nostrade => Brigade => Nostrade
Quite difficult =)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As I was saying before

WARNING SPOILERS

I hope this time they actually show the dude with the missing eye from the manga
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As I was saying before

WARNING SPOILERS

I hope this time they actually show the dude with the missing eye from the manga
I love the part where Feitan is like "Family? Whats that?" LOL
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I love the part where Feitan is like "Family? Whats that?" LOL
Yeah. I love it if they ended 42 or 43? on that part. Though remember when the scene was in the 99 version
and Feitan and Franklin are all cool...and then Shizuku interrupts with the vaccum cleaner and gets in the way of the screen. I mean it's like Shizuku
you look good and all...but quit blocking the view!

Anywho I think they will show the missing eye but he might not be so bloodied.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Characters appear on the website when they speak.

Perhaps because Nostrade is on the phone with his daughter in chapter 71 ?

I wonder how they'll make transitions Gon & Kil => Mansion => Gon & Kil => Nostrade => Brigade => Nostrade
Quite difficult =)
I'm thinking they might show him earlier at that scene. Dunno if it really matters if he's shown earlier. Besides it may help put a face to a name.

(I think he doesn't appear until Volume 9)

and speaking of Neon

That girl is twisted and her father Light isn't much better. Wonder happened to Mrs.Nostrade? Divorce or death?
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
2011 Hunter has a different style of foreshadowing compared to the manga/1999 series. I thought it was odd to show their former bodyguard who ends up embedded in the wall. Light Nostrade's introduction is also supposed to be a big deal when you meet him. Oh well, I hope maybe he's in shadow next ep.

Neon is just a child, I honestly don't think she's a bad person at all. Selfish I suppose, and odd. But its not like she knows people die to get her what she wants, she just likes collecting odd corpses/bodyparts. To get used to her new hair maybe I should draw some more fan art, I've always enjoyed her character design, and her Slimer/Stand esque Hatsu
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Neon is just a child, I honestly don't think she's a bad person at all. Selfish I suppose, and odd. But its not like she knows people die to get her what she wants, she just likes collecting odd corpses/bodyparts. To get used to her new hair maybe I should draw some more fan art, I've always enjoyed her character design, and her Slimer/Stand esque Hatsu
I disagree.
She isn't that young, she looks at least like a 13 years old girl. And the Hunterpedia says she is 16 years old (though I don't know the source).

Also, she doesn't care about people death:
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,707
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
I disagree.
She was also touched when Chrollo cried,her attitude towards her bodyguards is the result of the bad education and protection of her father IMO,it's as if they were objects.When they die,Light just hire new ones.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
2011 Hunter has a different style of foreshadowing compared to the manga/1999 series. I thought it was odd to show their former bodyguard who ends up embedded in the wall. Light Nostrade's introduction is also supposed to be a big deal when you meet him. Oh well, I hope maybe he's in shadow next ep.

Neon is just a child, I honestly don't think she's a bad person at all. Selfish I suppose, and odd. But its not like she knows people die to get her what she wants, she just likes collecting odd corpses/bodyparts. To get used to her new hair maybe I should draw some more fan art, I've always enjoyed her character design, and her Slimer/Stand esque Hatsu


I agree that it's a different style but I don't think it's odd at all. It helps to put humanity in the character.
With the manga version you don't really feel much empathy for the guy as all you seem him as is a wall decoration. In fact it's almost kind of grotesquely funny. Now I'm not saying the Madhouse version
is better (though I like the addition). It may very well have been Togashi's intent to have the "that used to be human" lack humanity.

As for Light Nostrade, I don't really see an earlier introduction as a big deal. It's made pretty plain from the get go who he is. So it's not like he's a really mysterious character and I wouldn't say there's a whole lot of hype to him either. Not like the Phantom Troupe
or Gyro
and when we
do see him in Volume 10 it doesn't even seem that big of a deal. I think what's far more important in that scene is
Kurapika has earned the trust of the boss Light Nostrade which is vital to Kurapika's overall goal.
But in any case they can always do something similar to what they did with
Silva Zoldyck. Notice how we have yet to see him normal lighting? Actually it would be cool if we saw Light in shadowy lighting. It would be very noir like.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top