Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Both Gon and Killua look slightly off. Meh, It's just a poster. Original poster of the 2011 series Gon looks heaps different to how he does in the anime.
Yeah but I don't think it's very good advertising to have less than your best. At least the rest of the poster makes up for it.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah but I don't think it's very good advertising to have less than your best. At least the rest of the poster makes up for it.
I doubt a single face will ruin the whole marketing. Most people won't even see this poster. They're going to watch the movie because of their love for HxH not because of a single picture.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I love the blind Kurapika pic, it's incredible. Gosh, I can't wait.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt a single face will ruin the whole marketing. Most people won't even see this poster. They're going to watch the movie because of their love for HxH not because of a single picture.
No, it won't RUIN the marketing. But a better drawing could potentially bring in more customers.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

I love the blind Kurapika pic, it's incredible. Gosh, I can't wait.
It reminds me of the old Blind Sasuke theories that I and others use to have.

Does Kurapika know En?
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well well, isnt this sad.
I come back of some time off the foruns and this happens T_T
Its 100% sure that togashi-sensei wont be working on the movie??
Because if he isnt, im sorry but almost half of my excitement about the movie goes down the drain.
Well i do have hopes that madhouse can do a good work, but will never be the same to me.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm actually excited more now because they can take some freedoms in the deaths and stuff without altering the plot.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
If there's anything I realized the past week, it's that I shouldn't let hype or anti-hype (whatever you call it) get to me, because I apparently tend to get carried away with my expectations. ;_;

So I have decided. I am going to enjoy the movie for what it is, whether or not it receives Togashi's input. I have faith in Madhouse.
 

Trunkz Jr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If there's anything I realized the past week, it's that I shouldn't let hype or anti-hype (whatever you call it) get to me, because I apparently tend to get carried away with my expectations. ;_;

So I have decided. I am going to enjoy the movie for what it is, whether or not it receives Togashi's input. I have faith in Madhouse.
Agreed. I'm just glad the series is becoming more popular, hopefully series like Naruto and Bleach end soon so series like Hunter X Hunter stand out more since they obviously deserve more spotlight.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Agreed. I'm just glad the series is becoming more popular, hopefully series like Naruto and Bleach end soon so series like Hunter X Hunter stand out more since they obviously deserve more spotlight.
It doesn't need that extra spotlight. People who appreciate quality already read HxH. It might attract some more fanboys and fangirls, who'll swoon over Gon and Killua because they're so fame now, but other than that, it's pretty popular already. I mean, look at the sales and then at this ridiculous and random release schedule. Normal manga would've been cancelled long ago, as the sales would've declined dramatically. However, HxH is still going good, which should be proof enough for its popularity.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
It doesn't need that extra spotlight. People who appreciate quality already read HxH. It might attract some more fanboys and fangirls, who'll swoon over Gon and Killua because they're so fame now, but other than that, it's pretty popular already. I mean, look at the sales and then at this ridiculous and random release schedule. Normal manga would've been cancelled long ago, as the sales would've declined dramatically. However, HxH is still going good, which should be proof enough for its popularity.
Man,I hate this.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yaoi crap pops up when gon and killua fangirls/fanboys come into play...lol It's just not acceptable. =[]
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no problem with Gon x Killua, although I'm mostly indifferent towards it, I do sorta consider it canon on Killua's part, their friendship just as a friendship is adorable and a good enough reason to read the series, well written friendships (non romantic usually) are one of the things that attracts me to Shonen in general.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Gon/Killu already exists in fanfiction and pixiv. It's not like it's just suddenly going to pop out of nowhere. Those fans already exist. They're just gonna populate/come out of their shells when the series becomes even more popular. That's how fandom works.

I have no problem with Gon x Killua, although I'm mostly indifferent towards it, I do sorta consider it canon on Killua's part, their friendship just as a friendship is adorable and a good enough reason to read the series, well written friendships (non romantic usually) are one of the things that attracts me to Shonen in general.
This.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I like to think Gon and Killua are asexual/aromantic. So no yaoi or shounen-ai support on my end. Only Leorio and Hisoka can be like that, but not with each other. Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic, and I do support some shounen-ai pairings. But I don't want too much romance in HunterxHunter overall. D:

Gon and Killua are totally bros, though. Bromances forever!
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Gon/Killu already exists in fanfiction and pixiv. It's not like it's just suddenly going to pop out of nowhere. Those fans already exist. They're just gonna populate/come out of their shells when the series becomes even more popular. That's how fandom works.
I know how the fandom is,I was not talking about Gon X Killua shippers but new fans.They can be very irritating sometimes.

---------- Post added September 02, 2012 at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was September 01, 2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

I just watched the new trailer on the official site.It's really awesome!!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh my god.... that trailer.... my body wasn't ready... for something that epic..:worship2
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
DO WANT.

That was too much. I wish I understood what was all said, though lol.
 

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wow... I can't wait for January! That was a wonderful trailer... I like Killua's outfit (and his scary expression!) and the chains.
 
Last edited:
Top