Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
This Date-Senpai manga does not look too promising. I'm looking forward to Cross Manage next week.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I'm glad that Bleach finally get a better ranks lately, maybe because the plot is finally kicks in, too bad Reborn could not maintain its high rank, though.
I wouldn't use the word plot, more like cool fights that still don't really make sense in the overall story but are still pretty cool I guess.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Reborn is quite stable at the moment. Only once had it a high rank in the top 5 but that was an exception.
Bleach and kurogane have escaped the danger zone but i think they will stay in the middle, middle bottom. If the new series continue to be successful, the established ones could start to be in danger
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Actually if the -8 weeks rule applied, the ranked chapter is not the highly anticipated Switch On yet. Switch On begins in chapter 241.
Switch On? :o Now that makes me really curious, I might check it out

Reborn is quite stable at the moment. Only once had it a high rank in the top 5 but that was an exception.
Bleach and kurogane have escaped the danger zone but i think they will stay in the middle, middle bottom. If the new series continue to be successful, the established ones could start to be in danger
I kinda doubt that. Even if both Date-senpai and Cross Manage are successful (which I doubt) the only ones I see in clear danger are Koisome, which is by no way established, and maybe Medaka Box. Reborn is ending soon anyway, can't see how Amano wants to continue the series far beyond the current arc.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Exactly there is only koisome and the new series as cushion now. If cross manage is successful then things will be interesting
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Hi I am making a WSJ collage (again) and since I haven't read every series ever I would like to ask readers for their favorite panel?
I already got big 3 decided:
-The moment where Naruto uses Chidoori and Sasuke uses rasengan.
-Luffy yelling Say you wanna live! (to robin)
-Ichigo vs Byakuya.

Now, I know that most of the times there are epic moments with minor characters but I would prefer that the moment is with the main character.

Here is the list of mangas I plan to include.
The ones with a question mark are ones I think could not be included.
I will probably just put a random panel for most of the 60s and 70s stuff, but If someone has already read or has a good panel please do provide it.

Actually scratch that.. Too many series, If I counted right like 93 @.@.. BTW This list is of series that had some impact on JUMP so.. Yeah its a good list haha.. But I gotta get it down to like at least half..

60s
Harenchi Gakuen
Otoko Ippiki Gaki taisho

70s
Dokonjo Gaeru
Toilet Hakase
Samurai Giants
Koya No Shonen Isamu
Mazinger Z
Hadashi No Gen
Play Ball
Circuit No Ookami
The Doberman detective (?)
Todai Icchokousen (?)
Kochikame
Ring Ni kakero
Hole In One (?)
Susume!! Pirates
Cobra
Kinnikuman

80s
Dr. Slump
Kimmengumi
Captain Tsubasa
Cat’s Eyes
Stop! Hibari kun
Fuma no kojiro (?)
Yoroshiku Mechadoc (?)
Wingman
Shape up Ran (?)
Hokuto No Ken
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Kimagure Orange Road
Dragon Ball
City Hunter
Tsuide ni Tonchikan
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Saint Seiya
Jojo
Moeru Oniisan (?)
The Momotaroh (?)
Bastard
Jungle Tar-chan
Rokudenashi BLUES
Magical Taruruto-kun
Dragon Quest Dai no daiboken
Video Girl Ai

90s

Hana No Keiji
Slam Dunk
YuYu Hakusho
Outer Zone (?)
******-kamen
BOY
NINKU
Tottemo Lucky man
DNA2 (?)
Jigoku Sensei Nube
Rurouni Kenshin
Midori no makibao
Sakon
Level E
Sexy Commando
Wild Half (?)
Hoshin Engi
Yu-gi-oh!
I’’s
Leader Takeshi
ONE PIECE
ROOKIES
Whistle
Hunter X Hunter
Shaman King
Hikaru No Go
Prince of Tennis
NARUTO

00s
Black Cat
Jaguar
Box7
Mr. Fullswing
BLEACH
Ichigo 100%
Eyeshield 21
Buso Renkin
Death Note
Gintama
Reborn
D-Gray man
Neuro
To Love RU
Sket dance
Mago
Toriko
Bakuman
Kuroko No Basuke
Beelzebub
Medaka BOX
 
Last edited:

Ikzer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This week's Reborn chapter is the 400th, right? Because that confuses me and I might've missed something because the numbers doesn't fix. Take a look at the color pages:
2012-16: 376th
2012-24: 384th

2012-30: 390th
2012-33: 393th

Between the bold they can't be right:

2012-16: 376th <> 2012-16: 376th
2012-17: 377th
2012-18: 378th
2012-19: 379th
2012-20: 380th
2012-21-22: 381th
2012-23: 382th
2012-24: 383th <> 2012-24: 384th


Is there an explanation to this? Did I missed something?
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Reborn is quite stable at the moment. Only once had it a high rank in the top 5 but that was an exception.
Bleach and kurogane have escaped the danger zone but i think they will stay in the middle, middle bottom. If the new series continue to be successful, the established ones could start to be in danger
Kurogane will probably go down a bit again but I think Bleach will be able to mantain its position, since things are getting heated up in the recent chapters, and the sort of things that usually make fans go «:zomg waaah» are happening. Anyway if by «danger» you mean getting cancelled, I don't think Jump would dare to end Bleach, especially since it's already approaching its natural ending anyway. Though I agree that new series continuing being sucessful would endanger more established series, and that would make things interesting. Of the 2 new series only the lacrosse one looks like it stands a chance, but you never know.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia

I don't understand at all what are you trying to say but maybe is for the double issue in the obon fest?
 
Last edited:

DestyNova4th

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
207
Reaction score
94
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Or a misprint, this also happened in chapter 19 (as 18 again) from Nisekoi.
 

Ikzer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I meant that, counting the chapters one by one, the chapter in the issue 2012-24 should be the 383th but it's numbered, as you can see in the picture, the 384th, so perhaps It's a missprint, but one that affects all the chapters since then.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Mmm.. I finished the collage.. I think I kinda like skipped 60% of the series I listed and actually only used the series I have either read/watched..
For anybody that wants it I am willing to share it o course but I don´t know of a good site that host images? The collage is like 10MB or something like that, I made it to make a t'shirt lol
 

Orochiburu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Naruto was very bad. The author of Bulge withdrawal of Jump -___- Go somewhere else fail XD
 

nura

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Kouhei Horikoshi must leave the magazine :-_-
 

Ikzer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
@perroloco: Try flickr for HQ pics.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah that's from volume 39, page 34.

If you're gonna do that, do try to make sure it's leveled so nothing's blurry or some panels look gray.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@kewl its already done.. All in paint :D
I know NOTHING about editing nor leveling but if I anyone feels like doing it go ahead, feel free to do it even without crediting I did nothing more than cutting and pasting lol.
And thanks for the quick answer :D

EDIT:
Kinda off topic but.. the place I plan on making the t-shirt has a function where it kinda whites everything out so I don't think that will be an issue or am I wrong?

EDIT 2:
Here is the collage asi I said feel free to edit it however you like
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86689160@N03/7940445588/
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, a handful of those are lighter grays (some really clear, some less so) so I'd suggest reading a basic tutorial on leveling at the very least.
Also this seems kinda tangential...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top