Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The screen took like 5 minutes to load but the wait was well worth it... :hee
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Seems like they added few scenes from future episodes..

Ahhh! I want another trailer already :D
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Here's my translation. I tried to divide it up so you can see what goes where.

Text:
The Mega-Hit with 60 Million Volumes Sold
Hunter x Hunter
The Long-Awaited Film Adaption
---
Original Work: Yoshihiro Togashi (Serialized in Shueisha's "Weekly Shonen Jump)
---
The Hunter Whose Clan Has Been Wiped Out -- Kurapika
----
The Phantom Troupe's Attack
---
His Scarlet Eyes Were Stolen
---
The Man with the Number 4 Tattoo


Audio (* = sentence is rough):
Kurapika: I -will- defeat the enemies of my clan. Even if it means I have to suffer*.
Gon: Let's go, Killua!
Announcer: The first Hunter x Hunter movie turns scarlet!*
Hisoka: I'll tell you about the ones who've stolen your eyes.
Announcer: Hunter x Hunter the Movie: Phantom Rouge.
Gon & Killua: Kurapika!
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is it just me...

or does Illumi look kinda creepy when he smiles. I mean it's not a Hisoka type psychotic clown creepy
but sorta a "Hi, my name is Illumi. I enjoy spending time with family and friends. For a living I MURDER PEOPLE IN THEIR SLEEP. I also like Grapenuts." type creepy.

Actually in a way the whole family is like that and the phantom troupe is the opposite.

For the Zoldycks killing is business that seems to have little to no impact on their lives.
I can imagine a conversation between Kikiyo and Silva

"Silva, dear how was work today?"

"I got into an unexpected wrestling match
with my target. I lost my watch in the process.
I strangled te man to death with my bare hands
I could feel the warmth of his flesh run cold."

" That's nice. Leftovers are in the fridge"

Silva stares at his hand with a hint of sadness and then after a while he says

"That was one of my favorite watches."


Whereas Phantom Troupe is like

ring ring ring
"This is Shalnark speaking."
"WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZUP!"
"WAZZZZZZZZZZZUUP!!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"
"ZZZZZZZZZUUUPPPP!!!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUPPPPP!!!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUPP!!!"
"Dude, you should like totally drink beer and kill people with us. It's gonna be....It's gonna be great, man"
"Alright sounds like fun. Be there in five."
"Hey...Shalnark. Shalnark? Are you there? I...I need to tell you something? Something REALLY important."
"What is it, Phinx?"
"I...I think I love you man."
Shalnark rolls his eyes before hanging up the phone
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So....at this point is the movie confirmed to be an alternate retelling of the phantom troupe arc? I was really hoping for a "backstory" movie that COULD be made canon. Oh well, I'm not sure how excited for this I am anymore outside of adoring the slick animation. I wish we knew more information about it.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I like to think Gon and Killua are asexual/aromantic. So no yaoi or shounen-ai support on my end. Only Leorio and Hisoka can be like that, but not with each other. Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic, and I do support some shounen-ai pairings. But I don't want too much romance in HunterxHunter overall. D:

Gon and Killua are totally bros, though. Bromances forever!
This. In its entirety.

Oh my god.... that trailer.... my body wasn't ready... for something that epic..:worship2
Also this.

I am running out of things to say, and since many of you share my thoughts (Hive Mind much?), I'm just gonna quote you all and say yes. This. Everything.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna watch HxH now. (internet please stop being so slow.)
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Great trailer. Although it didn't showed anything that could give us more clues about the plot. :O
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
If this kid (pairo?) is in the movie, it means probably we'll see some Kurapika's past, maybe even the massacre? I can't wait :D
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is " Pairo " really in Volume 13.. I can't find him. Can someone please post the picture when they showed him in the manga :derp
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Is " Pairo " really in Volume 13.. I can't find him. Can someone please post the picture when they showed him in the manga :derp
The page of the manga is featured in the image above.

I guess I will weigh in on Pairo. I feel that Togashi may be planning to do another Kurapika based arc. I think Pairo is actually Shalnark btw.
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
The page of the manga is featured in the image above.

I guess I will weigh in on Pairo. I feel that Togashi may be planning to do another Kurapika based arc. I think Pairo is actually Shalnark btw.
Fascinating idea; it would explain how Kurapika survived the massacre in the first place if we assume that Shalnark helped him seeing as how they were childhood friends and had some sort of deep mutual respect for one another. However it may be a little too far fetched considering that...

Shalnark is around 23 years of age (present) and the Kurta massacre happened a little over 5 years ago when Kurapika was 12. Judging from the picture it looks like Pairo is around the same age as Kurapika when the massacre happened, throwing the theory out the window unfortunately.

This brings up some questions. If we assume that Togashi never intended to further explore the Kurta clan massacre, then what is the significance of this character? Why give him a name, much less a physical yet distinguishable appearance? Was he intending to steer the plot in a whole different direction at the time, but suddenly scrapped the idea? Will he be of importance in a future arc? If this movie is canon (I'm not entirely sure atm) then it'll most likely answer all these questions. I'm curious to see how Madhouse will handle this, it kind of sparked a little more interest in me for the movie.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
The page of the manga is featured in the image above.

I guess I will weigh in on Pairo. I feel that Togashi may be planning to do another Kurapika based arc. I think Pairo is actually Shalnark btw.
If Shalnark is really Pairo His eyes should be red?

I hope that, thanks to the movie, Togashi create a new Kurapika arc of the manga ...
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If Shalnark is really Pairo His eyes should be red?

I hope that, thanks to the movie, Togashi create a new Kurapika arc of the manga ...
Well from what ContractHunter said, it seems highly unlikely now. Well 1. He could just put on some contact lenses like Kurapika and 2. Their eyes only turn scarlet when they are excited or angry.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Shalnark is around 23 years of age (present) and the Kurta massacre happened a little over 5 years ago when Kurapika was 12. Judging from the picture it looks like Pairo is around the same age as Kurapika when the massacre happened, throwing the theory out the window unfortunately.
Holy crap, Shalnark's 23?!?! :gwah
Just joking, man. Though Shalnark currently looks like Kurapika's age despite being around 5/6 years older. It's possible that he looked younger when he was 18 as well. I'll admit that's kind of farfetched though those kinds of shota guy things appear in animes all the time.

Those 5 seconds of Hisoka and hood!Killua were probably the best part.

It seems from the trailer that Kurapika will once again isolate himself, if Gon yelling his name on a cliff trying to find him is any indication. And Uvo being alive...really seems like an alternate version of the York New arc.

Leorio knife fight scene would be capital.
The world isn't ready.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
If Shalnark is really Pairo His eyes should be red?

I hope that, thanks to the movie, Togashi create a new Kurapika arc of the manga ...
and If Shalnark is Pairo his eyes (normal) should be brown...


and
Kurapika carried this boys body in the ending song


and Kurapika was 12 or 11 during kurta clan massacre...

and I am sure Kurapika is the one who buried their bodies or someone help him bury them (the person who reported the incident)…

and why did Togashi wrote this in his manga


Shalnark will still die....

=====================
I really have to update this....
is this true???

 
Last edited:

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
and
Kurapika carried this boys body in the ending song

and Kurapika was 12 or 11 during kurta clan massacre...
It is possible that it wasn't the boy, I mean. This movie could just as easily have the boy magically alive and make the rest of us change our minds with no real objectives.

Shalnark will still die....
You mean the way the panel was drawn? Or the prophecy itself? If you're taking about the panel, then that kind of implies vaccuum girl's gonna kick the bucket too. :gwah

I always thought the phone was referring to the phone calls Kurapika made to the Phantom Troupe near the end of the YN arc. Especially the whole "the other end will be the god of death" thing. Thinking it's about Shalnark is kind of interesting though.

Just to let you know, I'm not seriously arguing for the Shalnark-crack theory...I'm crazy but not quite crazy enough.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
the Shalnark-Pairu theory is ok but if this is what the other posters theorize - alternate story some sort - then Togashi already given us that... And in that version where Kuroro didnt get Neon's ability

Shalnark, Paku, Shizu, one of the 3 (Phinx, Feitan and Kurtopi) will still die... along with Kurapika (he might die but I guess base on the movie trailer he'll loose his
eyes)

Then how do you expect that other theory (Shalnark is Pairo) to happen if from the past (manga) we already know Kurapika will still kill him?
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I think Pairo is actually Shalnark btw.
That was my first thought after I'd saw this pic =D
Then I remembered Pairo was black-haired in manga... And thought that the theory is very unlikely to be true...
But then I've reread a short Phantom Troupe fb from chapter 114 and noticed an interesting thing...
http://i35.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/114/hunter-x-hunter-1642085.jpg
See the dark-haired guy sitting at the bottom of the first panel? I don't remember him at all. It could be Feitan, but his clothes doesn't seem like it's really him. Plus Feitan's bad japanese in comparison with other members makes him look like some foreigner, so I doubt he is from Meteor City. So it's either a former member, or Shal with his original hair color. Either way, he really looks like Pairo. Or am I reading into this too much? Probably the revelation that Shal is Kurapika's long lost friend is a bit too much for a movie. So maybe he is the former #4...?
Actually, I think this would make a pretty interesting movie with such a plot twist.

Shalnark is around 23 years of age (present) and the Kurta massacre happened a little over 5 years ago when Kurapika was 12. Judging from the picture it looks like Pairo is around the same age as Kurapika when the massacre happened, throwing the theory out the window unfortunately.
Everything can be explained if wanted =)
Maybe the memories are of the last time Kurapika has seen Pairo, and then he left for joining GR. Or maybe Shal looked 12 even though being 18. He definitely does look younger than he is.

If Shalnark is really Pairo His eyes should be red?
Maybe he wears contact lenses all the time. Maybe he lost his eyes and they were changed with normal ones. Maybe he just rarely gets over-emotional so his eyes don't turn red. Maybe he isn't a Kurta but just some Kurapika's friend from outside the tribe. Plenty of explanations =D

and If Shalnark is Pairo his eyes (normal) should be brown...
Probably lenses. And actually Kurapica's eyes seem more grey than brown to me. So maybe it's also some shade of brown...?

Kurapika carried this boys body in the ending song
What makes you think it is necessarily Pairo?

and why did Togashi wrote this in his manga
I now have hope that it's not gonna be some alternate version of YS... Tho it would also be pretty interesting to see.

=====================
I really have to update this....
is this true???

Omfg. I hope so.

Then how do you expect that other theory (Shalnark is Pairo) to happen if from the past (manga) we already know Kurapika will still kill him?
Well, even if it is an alternate version of YS, Pairo=Shal theory isn't impossible. Shalnark might be killed not by Kurapika himself. Or Kurapika might not recognise him because of his dyed hair etc.
 
Top