Hasa Diga Eebowai

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Wow, just when I thought they had trolled the entire story of Brody (or well I wasn't fully convinced), they pull the stuff they did at the ending of episode 8 :derp
Yep, same here. I knew there had to be more. I knew Brody was definitely hiding something. There was no way they trolled us completely.

Tiff - Feels like forever since I sent you a text. Expect more


:SOON


:love
:XD

Sorry I'm late with my reply here, since you already texted me last night. The timing could've been a little better, but it did make me laugh. :love

:hurr Go Unidrigo~ :x3
You should've seen what the text said! :gwah

...he's such a whore :o
See... Gary knows what it said. :hurr

How come we've never had a chit-chat even though we seem to share so similar tastes in a number of things...? :gwah
(I just noticed this again when I was checking if anybody had been casting similar votes to mine in the Community Awards.)

So... so... hi! :blush

For starters:
Who is/are your favorite character/s on Breaking Bad?
Hi, Mr. Prince! Welcome! I'm not sure why we don't chat more either. We should change that! It sounds like you have excellent taste. :blush

Ok, so favorite Breaking Bad characters? First of all, Gus Fring is the shit as far as bad guys go. He's scary calm, yet intense at the same time and totally badass. Such an interesting character, imo. And the whole scene at the pool with the cartel.... hooooly crap! :shakefist

I also like Mike a lot. Pinkman can be a bit emo/whiny at times, but is still a good character. And then, of course, I can't forget Walter. I can't necessarily say I like him as a person much anymore, but I still root for him somehow. His character's evolution has been so interesting to watch. His moral ambiguity is what ultimately drives the show.

Who are your favorites?

Have you watched any of season 2 yet, Tiff?
I have, just the first 2 episodes so far. I have last week's and also tonight's to watch. I'll probably have seen them by the time I get on IRC tomorrow. We can chat then if you're all caught up. :nod
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Looking for the off switch

Haha, depends if I've watched ep 4 by then, but I've seen 3 at least.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Looking for the off switch

You should've seen what the text said! :gwah
Oh my....:sweat bad unidrigo? :3c

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh Tiff, Nuno and Gary, just stumbled up on this Uproxx and if you've got time, watch i; it's quite funny:


It's the cast of Happy Endings putting on a live show with the writers and Kat Denings.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Looking for the off switch

I will watch it tonight :nod
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Looking for the off switch

adhores :hmph
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Looking for the off switch

Hi, Mr. Prince! Welcome! I'm not sure why we don't chat more either. We should change that! It sounds like you have excellent taste. :blush

Ok, so favorite Breaking Bad characters? First of all, Gus Fring is the shit as far as bad guys go. He's scary calm, yet intense at the same time and totally badass. Such an interesting character, imo. And the whole scene at the pool with the cartel.... hooooly crap! :shakefist

I also like Mike a lot. Pinkman can be a bit emo/whiny at times, but is still a good character. And then, of course, I can't forget Walter. I can't necessarily say I like him as a person much anymore, but I still root for him somehow. His character's evolution has been so interesting to watch. His moral ambiguity is what ultimately drives the show.

Who are your favorites?
Why, thank you. Same can be said about your awesome taste, I guess. :blush

:wtf

Your choice of characters is so nice. It's practically the same for me! Gus was just such a cool cat. That dude had a heart rate of, like, 20 bpm...
His Spanish might have been the only downer (I don't speak Spanish myself but even I could hear some nasty accent going on) but apart from that minor detail he was killer. One of the most charismatic antagonists on a TV show in recent memory.

I have to say that overall I found the atmosphere in later seasons to be quite suffocating at times so I was really thankful for Mike and - another favorite of mine - Saul. Those two acted as some sort of antipode to all the danger and serious shit going on and delivered some well-appreciated comic relief. (Well, I thought they were funny and was happy whenever one of them showed up after some three minute spiral of psychedelia, distortion and selfhate from Jesse...)

I also can't say I really "like" Jesse and Walter all that much anymore. (I loved early seasons' Jesse with his dorky, baggy clothes and his gangsta posturing... :rofl) But they really are well-written and interesting characters. I'm still feeling great empathy for Jesse. He's just this lonely, lost soul who got manipulated by Walter many a times. So I'm hoping he will be "rescued" in the end, recover and find happiness eventually.
Walter on the other hand turned out to be just so ruthless and... yeah... let's call it "evil". It's brilliant how the dynamic of Walter and Jesse has changed over and over. - But just like you I also hope there still might be hope for Walt. s5e08 had shown some great promise regarding this aspect before that cliffhanger came over us.

I'm so excited. Never actually got a chance to discuss the show with anybody before so this is all new territory for me. xD
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Oh Tiff, Nuno and Gary, just stumbled up on this Uproxx and if you've got time, watch i; it's quite funny:


It's the cast of Happy Endings putting on a live show with the writers and Kat Denings.
Awesome! I'll watch it later tonight! ^^

Also:


:derp :celebrate
:XD :glomp

Thanks for campaigning for me! I don't really expect to win anything, but that's sweet that you thought of me. My favorite "campaign" sig has to be a toss-up between Gary's and Mr. Prince's. Both are awesome. :XD

Why, thank you. Same can be said about your awesome taste, I guess. :blush

:wtf

Your choice of characters is so nice. It's practically the same for me! Gus was just such a cool cat. That dude had a heart rate of, like, 20 bpm...
His Spanish might have been the only downer (I don't speak Spanish myself but even I could here some nasty accent going on) but apart from that minor detail he was killer. One of the most charismatic antagonists on a TV show in recent memory.

I have to say that overall I found the atmosphere in later seasons to be quite suffocating at times so I was really thankful for Mike and - another favorite of mine - Saul. Those two acted as some sort of antipode to all the danger and serious shit going on and delivered some well-appreciated comic relief. (Well, I thought they were funny and was happy whenever one of them showed up after some three minute spiral of psychedelia, distortion and selfhate from Jesse...)

I also can't say I really "like" Jesse and Walter all that much anymore. (I loved early seasons' Jesse with his dorky, baggy clothes and his gangsta posturing... :rofl) But they really are well-written and interesting characters. I'm still feeling great empathy for Jesse. He's just this lonely, lost soul who got manipulated by Walter many a times. So I'm hoping he will be "rescued" in the end, recover and find happiness eventually.
Walter on the other hand turned out to be just so ruthless and... yeah... let's call it "evil". It's brilliant how the dynamic of Walter and Jesse has changed over and over. - But just like you I also hope there still might be hope for Walt. s5e08 had shown some great promise regarding this aspect before that cliffhanger came over us.

I'm so excited. Never actually got a chance to discuss the show with anybody before so this is all new territory for me. xD
Oh no! I forgot about Saul! :darn Saul is sleazy and corrupt, but he's also really smart. He always seems to find the way around whatever problem Walt & company are faced with. And I fully agree with you about he and Mike injecting some sorely needed comic relief into those very dark later seasons. Mike's dry humor is my favorite.

Glad you could find someone you could finally talk with about the show! It saddens me that more people at MH don't watch it, especially those who I generally think have good taste in TV (I'm looking at you, Gary, Nuno, ibra, Bob :-_-).

Have you seen this, btw? :rofl
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Looking for the off switch

My favorite "campaign" sig has to be a toss-up between Gary's and Mr. Prince's. Both are awesome. :XD
:blush

Oh no! I forgot about Saul! :darn Saul is sleazy and corrupt, but he's also really smart. He always seems to find the way around whatever problem Walt & company are faced with. And I fully agree with you about he and Mike injecting some sorely needed comic relief into those very dark later seasons. Mike's dry humor is my favorite.

Glad you could find someone you could finally talk with about the show! It saddens me that more people at MH don't watch it, especially those who I generally think have good taste in TV (I'm looking at you, Gary, Nuno, ibra, Bob :-_-).

Have you seen this, btw? :rofl
LOL, that graphic is da bomb. That’s quite the keen eye the artist had there, I never noticed. :lmao

Saul is a real catchy character. I read the makers of the show might consider doing a spin-off about him, I think that would be cool. (Because honestly, I always wonder just what the hell Saul does all freaking day. It seems like he has always some shit going on…) And he really is quite the sly dog. – Though admittedly, Laser Tag might not have been THE best idea. xD

And yeah, gotta love the grumpy old man’s sarcasm. I really like Mike’s two-sidedness in regards to how he strictly separates work [i.e. cold-blooded and thoroughly operating killer] and family [i.e. loving grandpa]. (Much akin to Walter, but in contrast to him Mike knew better to set his priorities. Walt kinda lost sight of what’s important in the end, Mike not so much IMO.) I also found it interesting how humane and soft he became towards Jesse; I liked their relationship a lot. It felt like Mike was watching over him, just like I had hoped for Walter to do…

Oh, why would they do that? :gwah
WHY WOULD YOU GUYS DO THAT!? :shakefist
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Looking for the off switch

Don't know if you know already, but not many hours after we talked about Homeland and possible additional seasons, it was renewed for a third season.

Now time to speculate even more :XD
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Don't know if you know already, but not many hours after we talked about Homeland and possible additional seasons, it was renewed for a third season.

Now time to speculate even more :XD
Our timing is amazing! :XD Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know we have at least another season to look forward to! I guess catching/killing Abu Nazir is likely going to be the ultimate goal? Who knows at this point. :o

LOL, that graphic is da bomb. That’s quite the keen eye the artist had there, I never noticed. :lmao

Saul is a real catchy character. I read the makers of the show might consider doing a spin-off about him, I think that would be cool. (Because honestly, I always wonder just what the hell Saul does all freaking day. It seems like he has always some shit going on…) And he really is quite the sly dog. – Though admittedly, Laser Tag might not have been THE best idea. xD

And yeah, gotta love the grumpy old man’s sarcasm. I really like Mike’s two-sidedness in regards to how he strictly separates work [i.e. cold-blooded and thoroughly operating killer] and family [i.e. loving grandpa]. (Much akin to Walter, but in contrast to him Mike knew better to set his priorities. Walt kinda lost sight of what’s important in the end, Mike not so much IMO.) I also found it interesting how humane and soft he became towards Jesse; I liked their relationship a lot. It felt like Mike was watching over him, just like I had hoped for Walter to do…

Oh, why would they do that? :gwah
WHY WOULD YOU GUYS DO THAT!? :shakefist
Isn't that funny? I never noticed the relationship between hair and violence on that show, but it works perfectly. I love the "weapons of choice" they came up with, too. Totally spot on. :XD

I've never thought about that comparison of Walt and Mike that you brought up, but I like it! Even though Mike is ruthless and calculating, he's strictly professional. Walt, on the other hand, gets a real high off of his misdeeds... especially in the later seasons. He revels in the power and in his victories. He totally gets off on it, unlike Mike, who I don't believe gets any pleasure out of it. Mike simply does what needs to be done. I also agree about his relationship with Jesse. Even though Mike would never be outwardly emotional toward him, there was a definite softness there that was nice to watch.

I don't know why they did that, but :scry!!!!
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Looking for the off switch

oi thegoods what's the most embarrassing thing you did in your life?

random song :dancin
 
Last edited by a moderator:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Ehhhh, I don't know that I want to reveal the most humiliating moment in my life. Sorry, scav. :s

Thanks for the song! Are you a fan of R&B/dance songs mostly? Or what is your preferred type of music?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Looking for the off switch

Ehhhh, I don't know that I want to reveal the most humiliating moment in my life. Sorry, scav. :s
so u didn't move on? i understand :comfort

/jke i knew you would answer something like that :p

Thanks for the song! Are you a fan of R&B/dance songs mostly? Or what is your preferred type of music?
hum im more into hiphop than r'n'b, but im a dancer so i were to describe what i listen ill just say songs that make you move. rap for the c-walk, dance and dubstep for the popping. what do u listen? do u dance?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

TIFF YOU MUST TELL THE MOST EMBARRASSING THING. I COMMAND IT.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

so u didn't move on? i understand :comfort

/jke i knew you would answer something like that :p
:p

scav said:
hum im more into hiphop than r'n'b, but im a dancer so i were to describe what i listen ill just say songs that make you move. rap for the c-walk, dance and dubstep for the popping. what do u listen? do u dance?
Ooo, you're a dancer? Nice! I'm not a big dancer, honestly, but I will sometimes when I'm out or what not. Alcohol is usually involved, of course. Otherwise, I can be pretty shy. :redface

As far as music goes, my taste is pretty hipster, I guess? Indie rock would probably be the main genre that I listen to, but I can also appreciate a good song of any type. My range is pretty broad, though there are a few things I don't really care for... modern country (Taylor Swift, etc) being one of them.

TIFF YOU MUST TELL THE MOST EMBARRASSING THING. I COMMAND IT.
You're not the boss of me!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

You ruined it!
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Nuh uh! :hmph
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

I'm curious now - text me Tiff ~~ :arf
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

Charlie, don't become Milly...
 
Top