Hasa Diga Eebowai

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

:oh
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

:gwah
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

Tiff what are you doing up? Going down-under? :jk
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

Hahahaha.... no, no. Very clever of you, though. :redface

I can't sleep! My schedule is all sorts of messed up lately. :bored
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

I think I know why :3c
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Looking for the off switch

:p


Ooo, you're a dancer? Nice! I'm not a big dancer, honestly, but I will sometimes when I'm out or what not. Alcohol is usually involved, of course. Otherwise, I can be pretty shy. :redface
can't imagine my life without dancing, it helps me to relax from the pressure a lot

As far as music goes, my taste is pretty hipster, I guess? Indie rock would probably be the main genre that I listen to, but I can also appreciate a good song of any type. My range is pretty broad, though there are a few things I don't really care for... modern country (Taylor Swift, etc) being one of them.
indie rock? never heard about that :notsure
what is your favorite song atm? is there any song you like that you think i can enjoy it?

on another matter do you have a beautiful voice? did you ever vost?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch

can't imagine my life without dancing, it helps me to relax from the pressure a lot
That's great that you found a way to blow off steam that you really enjoy. :amuse

scav said:
indie rock? never heard about that :notsure
what is your favorite song atm? is there any song you like that you think i can enjoy it?
You've really never heard of indie rock? :blink

Hmm... I don't know that I have a favorite song at the moment, but I am greatly enjoying the new Grizzly Bear album. Not sure if you'll like it or not, but here's the first single:


scav said:
on another matter do you have a beautiful voice? did you ever vost?
Nah, I don't really have a cute sounding voice or anything, sorry. Just average, I guess. But I have vosted in the past a couple of times. I've Skyped with a lot of the people from the site, too.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Looking for the off switch

That's great that you found a way to blow off steam that you really enjoy. :amuse
:hee
what's your method to relax and forget the pressure?

You've really never heard of indie rock? :blink
well you know there are soooo many kind of rocks, one cannot simply know them all. just give me a link instead of the wiki page :XD
Hmm... I don't know that I have a favorite song at the moment, but I am greatly enjoying the new Grizzly Bear album. Not sure if you'll like it or not, but here's the first single:

hahaha i really laughed at the name of the band. somehow it made me think of gary. But yeah i didn't really like it, the intru was good but i didn't like the singing. this is indie rock?

Nah, I don't really have a cute sounding voice or anything, sorry. Just average, I guess. But I have vosted in the past a couple of times. I've Skyped with a lot of the people from the site, too.
i see. i'll investigate the vost thread later, i hope it's not expired :mono
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

Indie is a catch-all term. It's not really a genre. Just means something that isn't a part of the mainstream machine. There's Indie rap, electronic, pop.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Looking for the off switch

Doesn't Indie just mean short for "Independent"? Meaning, they haven't signed under any major labels therefore, doing all promotions and producing themselves? Which also means, they are their own masters and can do whatever they want, unlike upstart bands who sign the majors right away, will have no choice but to do what the company/manager tells them to do (like, do modeling, do commercials, change this drummer, change the vocalist into someone hotter, etc. etc..) So their music is also affected.

Thus, most bands or artists choose to go indie first until they really get their music/art going on and it's what people know them for, and as they've stamped their identity pretty much all over, and has had quite a following with that particular music that they've promoted, when they sign major, their style is pretty much set in stone, or that they'll have artistic license to do as they please.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Looking for the off switch

Doesn't Indie just mean short for "Independent"? Meaning, they haven't signed under any major labels therefore, doing all promotions and producing themselves? Which also means, they are their own masters and can do whatever they want, unlike upstart bands who sign the majors right away, will have no choice but to do what the company/manager tells them to do (like, do modeling, do commercials, change this drummer, change the vocalist into someone hotter, etc. etc..) So their music is also affected.

Thus, most bands or artists choose to go indie first until they really get their music/art going on and it's what people know them for, and as they've stamped their identity pretty much all over, and has had quite a following with that particular music that they've promoted, when they sign major, their style is pretty much set in stone, or that they'll have artistic license to do as they please.
Yes, it's about the DIY nature of how the music is made, not the sound necessarily.

Though, there is a certain kind of sound to indie rock, despite the genre being really broad and different sounding. It's hard to explain.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Looking for the off switch

Doesn't Indie just mean short for "Independent"? Meaning, they haven't signed under any major labels therefore, doing all promotions and producing themselves? Which also means, they are their own masters and can do whatever they want, unlike upstart bands who sign the majors right away, will have no choice but to do what the company/manager tells them to do (like, do modeling, do commercials, change this drummer, change the vocalist into someone hotter, etc. etc..) So their music is also affected.

Thus, most bands or artists choose to go indie first until they really get their music/art going on and it's what people know them for, and as they've stamped their identity pretty much all over, and has had quite a following with that particular music that they've promoted, when they sign major, their style is pretty much set in stone, or that they'll have artistic license to do as they please.
Actually here in the UK it morphed from a definition into its own specific genre. It is a distinct sub-genre of alternative rock , that has nothing to do with record labels. It is stuff like Artic monkeys, the Libertines , Franz Ferdinand and the kaiser chiefs but not 'coldplay'. It's actually one of my favourite genre's though nothing good has come out of it in years. Beardyman the beatboxer famously took the piss out of it. The first part of this video.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Looking for the off switch

What made Indie have its own um, feel, is because of the reason I mentioned above. That they're free to do whatever they want creatively, they can be more experimental, they can be more daring (except for the SUPER ROCK STARS that don't need the power of labels to do whatever the fuck they want).

Yeah its hard to explain what that Indie feel is but that's where it got its mood from, I believe. A more intimate experience somewhat.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Looking for the off switch



:hee
what's your method to relax and forget the pressure?
Umm.... I've been trying to get into running, but it's been tough. I know it's good for me, but I don't really like it. xD Otherwise, I guess it would just be laughing and spending time with people that I really care about. No matter what, it's something that always makes me feel happy. Suuuuper cheesy, I know.. but true. :hee

scav said:
well you know there are soooo many kind of rocks, one cannot simply know them all. just give me a link instead of the wiki page :XD
:p I thought the subject a little too broad and diverse to just link you to a song or two. The rest explained it pretty well already, so yeah.

scav said:
hahaha i really laughed at the name of the band. somehow it made me think of gary. But yeah i didn't really like it, the intru was good but i didn't like the singing. this is indie rock?
Yeah, I didn't figure it would be your style. It was just the first album I thought of. Glad you were at least amused by the name of the band! :XD

scav said:
i see. i'll investigate the vost thread later, i hope it's not expired :mono
It's been expired for a long while now. :verily
 
Last edited by a moderator:

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Dreaming

Finally...you found the off-switch :turtle.

Took you a while to found the switch. How long will you keep on dreaming :arf...:faint
 
Top