Uganda ! Where is that

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

It's a dead horse, or is he alive ? You can see more of the horse and other Theo Mercier works in the video of this link.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: RIP Somemanga

Mercier's work makes you wonder if indeed there is life after death. The ghost family was quite funny ~ their shades made me think of a family going to the beach :lmao; the horse without skin and rotting flesh was not a pretty sight, though.



Soundsuits by Nick Cave, on the other hand...I simply love recycled art :zomg

have a look at this...amazing Van Gogh recycled wannabe




didn't know you were the "cultural" type of guy...I approve!
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

Merry crunchmas !

Now I need to train my stomach to be able to eat non stop till tomorrow...
 

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: RIP Somemanga

Merry Christmas everyone :confetti :hug
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

I wonder. Do we have other French songs about christmas but this one ? (Christmas song excluded)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: RIP Somemanga

I wonder. Do we have other French songs about christmas but this one ? (Christmas song excluded)
im too lazy to do some digging atm, but im sure we have many french songs about x-mas
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: RIP Somemanga

Dom, do you mean something like this:


:?bunny
 
Last edited by a moderator:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

Bonne année à tous !!
I hope your 2013 starts as good as mine :
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: RIP Somemanga

Any Manhwas?

The breaker - perhaps?

:wtf
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

No but I saw the new edition of Shin Angyo Onshi. But the tomes are awfully big, I'm already fighting for place...
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: RIP Somemanga

No but I saw the new edition of Shin Angyo Onshi. But the tomes are awfully big, I'm already fighting for place...
Do you read the breaker? I heard it had a nice following in France.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: RIP Somemanga

true but the release schedule of the breaker volumes in france suck. always delayed
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: RIP Somemanga

No but I saw the new edition of Shin Angyo Onshi. But the tomes are awfully big, I'm already fighting for place...
Bonne Annee Dom! :hug

How did you celebrate?

What's your manga collection like? You seem to read a ton, so I'm curious.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

Do you read the breaker? I heard it had a nice following in France.
I read it but with the scan like most of us. I must say the pace from new wave is a bit to slow to my liking. The editors for manhwa are still small in France and as such the releases are not that reliable.
Bonne Annee Dom! :hug

How did you celebrate?

What's your manga collection like? You seem to read a ton, so I'm curious.
I celebrate it by some friends in Paris. And we had an 80's theme so we listened and danced to 80's music all along...

And unfortunately my manga collection is not that big. My place is a bit too small and the cupboards were already almost full with my BDs. Though I have almost all the Tanigushi, some albums by Cornelius editor, Nausicaa, 20th century boys, kami no shizuku (I really shouldn't have started this one!), Soil, some Dorohedoro (I just started it and I hope I can find all the volumes)... and 2 Sket Dance (I won't probably buy all the volumes, although I really like the serie there are to many volumes).
In fact most of the manga I read are thanks to the scan and the libraries. That's one of the good thing living in Paris, you can almost find all published mangas for free. I just finished Under the Same Moon the other day. That would be something impossible to find in store nowadays.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: RIP Somemanga

K-d , this title... wasn't there a manga site with this same name?

It went Private though...?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

Yes this week is probably the one year anniversary of its death (TT-TT). I should probably change the title thread from time to time but I'm lazy to edit the first post...
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: RIP Somemanga

Yes this week is probably the one year anniversary of its death (TT-TT). I should probably change the title thread from time to time but I'm lazy to edit the first post...
Why did it die - if it went private?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

It was not very stable in the end and the owner was probably tired to pay for the server costs.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: RIP Somemanga

I celebrate it by some friends in Paris. And we had an 80's theme so we listened and danced to 80's music all along...

And unfortunately my manga collection is not that big. My place is a bit too small and the cupboards were already almost full with my BDs. Though I have almost all the Tanigushi, some albums by Cornelius editor, Nausicaa, 20th century boys, kami no shizuku (I really shouldn't have started this one!), Soil, some Dorohedoro (I just started it and I hope I can find all the volumes)... and 2 Sket Dance (I won't probably buy all the volumes, although I really like the serie there are to many volumes).
In fact most of the manga I read are thanks to the scan and the libraries. That's one of the good thing living in Paris, you can almost find all published mangas for free. I just finished Under the Same Moon the other day. That would be something impossible to find in store nowadays.
Sounds like an awesome night; now I remember you posted some YT videos of 80s songs :amuse

I was planning on picking up Nausicaa soon, I'll begin getting Shingeki no Kyojin; I've just caught up with the manga and it's so fresh and the story is really solid. You read a hell of a lot of obscure stuff though, so that's why they aren't easy to find. 20th Century is the only other manga I've heard of there.

Do you have anything else to recommend to me? I have to say I really like Nanatsu that you rec'ed me, so hoping for more. Maybe I'll try Dorohedoro; I checked out the plot summary and it's intrigued me.

KIRIKOU!!! :swoon

Puree mec, t'a du style! :hip J'ai jamais penser a utiliser ca comme avy.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: RIP Somemanga

It was not very stable in the end and the owner was probably tired to pay for the server costs.


So it was just donations...

If that was the case - I can see how he would run out of funds fast.
 
Top