Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Meh, Luck doesn't benefit from a good line. He has some playmakers, but they're all undersized. His best receiver is 34 years old. I can see the way he plays and handles himself on the field and I can just tell the guy is going to be good. I'm not saying he's the "next ______" but I think we'll be seeing him in the postseason again.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Meh, Luck doesn't benefit from a good line. He has some playmakers, but they're all undersized. His best receiver is 34 years old. I can see the way he plays and handles himself on the field and I can just tell the guy is going to be good. I'm not saying he's the "next ______" but I think we'll be seeing him in the postseason again.
No doubt. We'll see Luck in the postseason fairly often, probably, but I don't actually see him winning a championship unless he improves (stops overthrowing receivers or not hitting them) and the team as a whole improves. It's too easy for high-powered offensive teams to just overrun the Colts (look at the 59-24 beating we put down on them) and good defensive teams can put a body on his receivers and make it hard for Luck to make plays.

Both RG3 and Wilson look a lot more electrifying, and while I don't know about Wilson long term, RG3 looks better to me than Luck on the eye test. I do worry about RG3's durability, however. Wilson has a decent chance to get to the Super Bowl this season, so you never know.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: The NFL Thread

Go Denver!
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Probably because Patriots-Denver is a more exciting match up than Ravens-Patriots, no offense, Gary.

I'll be happy either way. I'd honestly rather see us face Denver as the Brady-Peyton rivalry is there on display, but we'd be at home against the Ravens, so I don't know.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

It's technically not the NFL, although it is football, but Alabama massacres Notre Dame 42-14 to win their 10th National Championship and their third in four years.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of this Alabama talent in the NFL. Manti Te'o was pretty much ineffective.

---------- Post added January 08, 2013 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was January 07, 2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

RG3 has apparently at least partially torn his LCL and ACL. Ouch!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

And thus all the "Alabama could beat <Insert Shitty NFL Team>" will begin again :nah

This is just more evidence that a BCS playoff is essential.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Oh, and the Redskins coaching staff seem shadier and shadier...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

And thus all the "Alabama could beat <Insert Shitty NFL Team>" will begin again :nah

This is just more evidence that a BCS playoff is essential.
Oh, come on, it is amusing though. :P

Yeah, a BCS playoff is completely necessarily. This was not a championship caliber game. Last year, Alabama played horribly in the first game against LSU, but then picked it up for the title game and shut them out, which proved that a playoff is really necessary.

Oh, and the Redskins coaching staff seem shadier and shadier...
Yeah, the news has come out that Dr. Andrews really did not want RG3 out there, but Mike and the boys sort of ignored him and now RG3's in serious trouble.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

So, about that Manti Te'o thing, Gary. How are you feeling about his pro prospect after this woeful performance by him and the entire team? It's not just that Alabama beat them, Te'o himself just looked outmatched by some of the Bama players, and if he can't do anything against players who are going to go to the NFL, good luck doing things against hardened NFL veterans.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

I didn't watch enough of it to have an opinion really. ND was just outclassed period. I don't think one player can make that much of an impact when you're getting destroyed. We'll see with Pro Days and the Combine where he gets slotted.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Alright gents who y'all got winning today!?

Lets see some predictions.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

We run the ball better than Denver, that's our only hope. I think the cold weather thing doesn't really benefit anyone, unless one is a dome team. Yeah, Peyton played half of his games in a dome up until this season...and yeah, he doesn't have a good record in games with this kind of weather, but I don't know.

I think Green Bay will probably win the late game.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Right, my picks are Broncos 30-17 over the Ravens and GB by a field goal over San Fran.

In tomorrow's game, I just have no belief in the the Falcons in the playoffs, so I'll pick the Seahawks there. In the game up in NE, I'm really quite worried that this is shades of the 2010 Jets playoff loss (that was a 45-3 win in December, and then that like 28-20/21 loss in the playoffs) or even the first SB against the Giants where we won in the regular season, but lost in the playoffs. I don't know. It could go either way.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The NFL Thread

Go Denver, NE ( Fuck the Texans), GB, and Seattle.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

What a game.....
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

​

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

What a game....I can't remember a game the Ravens have played in that rivals this
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Indeed, it was quite a game.

Congratulations, Gary! I look forward to, assuming we beat the Texans tomorrow, seeing you back in Foxborough.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

This was one for the ages IMO. I think I'll look back on this game for the rest of my life and it will be the benchmark. Holy shit.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Indeed, it was quite a game.

Congratulations, Gary! I look forward to, assuming we beat the Texans tomorrow, seeing you back in Foxborough.
Many assumed the Broncos would win, so tut tut :p
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

This was one for the ages IMO. I think I'll look back on this game for the rest of my life and it will be the benchmark. Holy shit.
I honestly wanted to see us play Denver because we match up against Denver a lot better than we do against the Ravens. In fact, I didn't want to have to see Ray Lewis' face again.

Apart from a few plays here or there, the game was really well played. I still don't understand what Denver's secondary was doing on that pass at the end of regulation.

Many assumed the Broncos would win, so tut tut :p
True, true, as did I. If you looked at my previous post, however, you'll notice that I am rather worried about tomorrow's game.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

The operative word was "assuming" :derp

:nah

:XD
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

The operative word was "assuming" :derp

:nah

:XD
True, true. The Broncos were never actually 10 point favorites, but the Ravens had been poor down the stretch. I don't know. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I had expressed the opinion that the Broncos' vaunted 11 game win streak wasn't all that, especially as most of the the wins were against the bad teams in the AFC West. Sure, it was 11 games, but their defense hadn't played particularly well against the better teams or anything.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

True, true. The Broncos were never actually 10 point favorites, but the Ravens had been poor down the stretch. I don't know. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I had expressed the opinion that the Broncos' vaunted 11 game win streak wasn't all that, especially as most of the the wins were against the bad teams in the AFC West. Sure, it was 11 games, but their defense hadn't played particularly well against the better teams or anything.
Well, any time you score two times on Special Teams, have Peyton Manning at the helm and still manage to lose, it means you ran into a team at the wrong time.
 
Top