Intro, I guess?....

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm Becky.

I'm primarily a cleaner, redrawer, and typesetter (To which my typography teacher would be glad I finally used his lessons for something.), but part of the reason I joined was also to improve my translation skills. (Haven't brushed up on my Japanese in a couple of years.) I love oldschool shonen manga, some of my favourites being Ashita no Joe and Saint Seiya.

In my spare time I'd love to improve my language skills and take a crack at getting a group together to translate and release Masami Kurumada's Ring ni Kakero.

I'm really jazzed to meet all of you, and if anyone needs help, I'm always willing to offer advice and help with projects!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome to mh - glad to have you here.

Check out the Forum: Manga WorksSection - it may have some usual things for you.
Also has the staff and projects section there - the perfect place to see if you can get someone to help you fill up them group spots.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Welcome on MH. :hee
I have seen that you read old-school manga, but there are also others that you're reading right now?
 

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Welcome to mh - glad to have you here.

Check out the Forum: Manga WorksSection - it may have some usual things for you.
Also has the staff and projects section there - the perfect place to see if you can get someone to help you fill up them group spots.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check both out :)
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Welcome to MH!:confetti

Your username is a bit....depressing:p...how did you decide on it?

If you'd like to practice your japanese then welcome to this thread

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!:vbunny
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome to MH!:confetti

Your username is a bit....depressing:p...how did you decide on it?

If you'd like to practice your japanese then welcome to this thread

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!:vbunny
Come to think of it...
 

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Welcome on MH. :hee
I have seen that you read old-school manga, but there are also others that you're reading right now?
I just read Ganbare Genki (Joe kind of gave me a boxing kick). Kurumada's Aoi Tori no Shinwa is also another sports favourite. I'm not terribly into shoujo, but a friend got me to read Claudine...! and I thought it was wonderful. I'm also really getting into Osamu Tezuka, my favourite so far is Apollo no Uta, but I started reading Black jack and it's pretty cool so far. The newest thing I've read recently was Kuragehime, which isn't something I'd usually read, but it's super funny, and Monster, which is an amazing thriller. I also kind of want to try reading the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, but after the anime, I don't know if my heart can handle the heartbreak.

Sorry for babbling, but what are you reading right now?

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Welcome to MH!:confetti

Your username is a bit....depressing:p...how did you decide on it?

If you'd like to practice your japanese then welcome to this thread

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!:vbunny
It actually came from joking with a friend. I said something to the effect of tmi, and he responded "That just killed every boner I've ever had, and ever will have." Thus, bonerfuneral was born! :hee

Thankks for the link. The sections here on Japanese have been pretty helpful so far.

Doumu arigatou gozaimasu!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lmao - thats one heck of way for a username. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for bene

You can always ask our Mikkih for help when you need something to for assistance
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
:D...well best of luck to your friend then:cookiehand

Have you read anything else from Urasawa besides Monster?
 

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
lmao - thats one heck of way for a username. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for bene

You can always ask our Mikkih for help when you need something to for assistance
It sure is an attention-grabber. I love using is for online games, what rubs more salt in your wounds than being beaten by bonerfneral? lol

:) Will do!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

We have a beautiful friendship.

I actually read a chunk of Pluto. The only thing stopping me from continuing is how bad it creeps me out. Self-aware robots, how about no! The Matrix kind of scared me so bad it ruined me for that concept. It's still really interesting, though. I need to finish it.
 
Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Try 20th Century Boys then...the plot is more expansive than Monster, and more complex too, however the thriller dose is not the same...it's still great!

I'd also suggest Eden: It's an Endless World, by Endo Hiroki...same complexity, deep story, and a bit more mature than Urasawa's works....but it simply blew my mind:faint

What I liked about all these titles is that the story goes on for decades, capturing the characters in different times of their lives...
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just read Ganbare Genki (Joe kind of gave me a boxing kick). Kurumada's Aoi Tori no Shinwa is also another sports favourite. I'm not terribly into shoujo, but a friend got me to read Claudine...! and I thought it was wonderful. I'm also really getting into Osamu Tezuka, my favourite so far is Apollo no Uta, but I started reading Black jack and it's pretty cool so far. The newest thing I've read recently was Kuragehime, which isn't something I'd usually read, but it's super funny, and Monster, which is an amazing thriller. I also kind of want to try reading the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, but after the anime, I don't know if my heart can handle the heartbreak.

Sorry for babbling, but what are you reading right now?
Hey, no need to apologize. :D
Anyway let's say that roght now I'm reading Soul Eater and many other Shonen; Sooner or later I will start reading Berserk, Gantz and well other ones. LOL
 

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Hey, no need to apologize. :D
Anyway let's say that roght now I'm reading Soul Eater and many other Shonen; Sooner or later I will start reading Berserk, Gantz and well other ones. LOL
Oh man, Berserk is really good! I need to get around to watching the movie that's out.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Try 20th Century Boys then...the plot is more expansive than Monster, and more complex too, however the thriller dose is not the same...it's still great!

I'd also suggest Eden: It's an Endless World, by Endo Hiroki...same complexity, deep story, and a bit more mature than Urasawa's works....but it simply blew my mind:faint

What I liked about all these titles is that the story goes on for decades, capturing the characters in different times of their lives...
I just started reading the first couple of chapters of 20th Century Boys after your reccomendation, and I'm hooked. I'm getting a good vibe from it so far, and the story is really engaging. I like it! I'll be sure to check out Eden, too.

I love stories like that. It's just great to watch the characters grow and change.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Oh man, Berserk is really good! I need to get around to watching the movie that's out.
The 2nd movie is out, too...we have a Berserk forum if you like to discuss the chapters and various stuff about Berserk...
I just started reading the first couple of chapters of 20th Century Boys after your reccomendation, and I'm hooked. I'm getting a good vibe from it so far, and the story is really engaging. I like it! I'll be sure to check out Eden, too.

I love stories like that. It's just great to watch the characters grow and change.
Great!! I'm glad you like it....there is a sequel too after you finish it 21th century...a short sequel and not as good, but it's still a good read
 

bonerfuneral

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Wow, I really need to catch up, then. Thanks :)

I'll Have to read it. I'm still hooked so far. I like the kind of mystery aspect going on.
 
Top