Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I feel almost wrong inside for how much I'm enjoying the ball-crushing hilarity of Watashi Wa Kyawawawa!! It's a shame no groups are touching it at present, Dai Amon could do with more exposure in online communities.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Young Jump #07 (17/01):

Kyoko Hinami (Cover & Gravure Page)
Terra Formars (Lead CP)
1 Kingdom
2 Tokyo Ghoul
3 Line Offline
4 Nejimaki Kagyu
5 Usogui
6 Watashi wa Kyawawawa!!

Mielino Kasiwagi (New Series, Color Page)
7 Gokukoku no Brynhildr
8 Grand Slam
9 Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~
10 W x Y

Vetsunova (One Shot, 46P!!)
11 Minamoto-kun Monogatari
12 81 Diver
13 Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin

Samurai Soldier (Color Page)
14 Heisei Policemen!!
15 Gokusai
16 Nipongo
17 Hito Hitori Futari
18 Arumi-chan no Gakushuuchou
19 Gangster Island
20 Shuukan Hajimete no Hatsune Miku

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi (Hiatus)
Liar Game (Absent)
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So no one is picking up new seinen titles? Rarely do I see some new titles picked up, WYJ is a rarity, even some well known titles are left to obscurity here.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm probably going to translate the Kingdom manga once the anime is over (so I'll have more free time). The anime looks like it'll end right around the timeskip. But the anime also abridges some parts of the series in order to get through stuff faster. Generally it's all side-story stuff. However, I still need to find a solid group to work on this, seeing as the series is 28 volumes long so far.

Also, Sakamoto Shinichi's said his new series will start running in YJ "sometime this year". I'll probably do that, too.

Plus I'm already doing Hito Hitori Futari with Illuminati-Scans and 81diver with mangatopia, Mangatopia's just finally starting to get a decent pace going, and the series isn't too hard to translate, so I'll probably go through more soon.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'll keep doing Nejimaki Kagyuu after I catch up on other projects. It's funny, when I first bought the series it was exclusively for Nakayama's art, since I had next to no interest in regards to the story. Then when I started translating it, I actually got addicted to the series and have now bought every volume avalible. It's a lot better than the premise suggests. Not particularily deep, but just a lot of fun. Nakayama's art is still as insane as ever so bonus points if you like it.

But yeah, I'll probably try to at least translate a new Nejimaki chapter a week in the near future. I really think the series deserves more attention....a shame that while a few people have expressed interest in scantlations, no one has really stepped up to make a serious effort.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
What about Terra Formars. Translation frozen?
 

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
281
Reaction score
562
Gender
Male
Country
Slovenia
Also, Sakamoto Shinichi's said his new series will start running in YJ "sometime this year". I'll probably do that, too.

Plus I'm already doing Hito Hitori Futari with Illuminati-Scans and 81diver with mangatopia, Mangatopia's just finally starting to get a decent pace going, and the series isn't too hard to translate, so I'll probably go through more soon.
You're translating Hito Hitori Futari? Thanks a bunch for that one :)
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Grand Slam #8


Samurai Soldier #21


Sekiei Ayakashi Mangatan #11


And new art of Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Also, Sakamoto Shinichi's said his new series will start running in YJ "sometime this year". I'll probably do that, too.
The guy that did Kokou no Hito, any more news around this?

I'll keep doing Nejimaki Kagyuu after I catch up on other projects. It's funny, when I first bought the series it was exclusively for Nakayama's art, since I had next to no interest in regards to the story. Then when I started translating it, I actually got addicted to the series and have now bought every volume avalible. It's a lot better than the premise suggests. Not particularily deep, but just a lot of fun. Nakayama's art is still as insane as ever so bonus points if you like it.
So still no one is scanning Kagyuu? I really want to read that, mostly when I see a cover or a color page from these manga I am drawn to them, but then as you said the stories turn out to be great and you can not get enough of them.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
In addition to kewl and BDR I had been meaning to translate Saruwatari's GOKUSAI sometime in the future. Unfortunately, I currently have a little too much on my plate RL-wise and I'm nowhere near as good as those two at juggling and keeping up with several projects at the same time... :sweat

But yeah, that one had definitely caught my eye and since it's still relatively new catching up with the current releases wouldn't be a problem either.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
And in english it says the new serie starts on issue 9.
It's a story based an a book about french executionor Sanson under king louis XVI and french revolution (and as you may know it was not a lazy job at that time...)
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I knew that I should expect something great from Sakamoto, and from the looks of it the art will be as good as The Climber but the historic setting is a super bonus as well. If the translating starts, we may get this one early. :) Thanks in advance to those that will pick it up!
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aw, that's pretty awesome looking.

I'll definitely check that out. Though obviously, I need a group to work on it and I dunno if I wanna do it in issues, because then there's pressure to do it every week. I'd probably rather do it in tankooubons.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,063
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Without toc this week Stoneface?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's not the last chapter of Tokyo Ghoul. It says a "Next issue" thing on it. He just thought the page looked cool.
Also, the TOC doesn't really matter, generally, because YJ doesn't really cancel stuff or rank by popularity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Wait, so that was Tokyo Ghoul's last chapter? Is it a natural end?
No. It's just last page of chapter 63!

---------- Post added January 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was January 23, 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Also, the TOC doesn't really matter, generally, because YJ doesn't really cancel stuff or rank by popularity.
http://youngjump.jp/voice/

But then Kingdom, Usogui, Terra and others not just located on top of TOC...

---------- Post added January 29, 2013 at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was January 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

Young Jump Issue 9 (31/01/2013):

Kasumi Arimura (Cover & Gravure Page)
Innocent (Lead Color Page, New Series by Shinichi Sakamoto, 53P!)
1 Terra Formars
2 Kingdom
3 Samurai Soldier

WxY (Color Page)
4 Tokyo Ghoul
5 Minamoto-kun Monogatari
6 Mielino Kashiwagi
7 Hito Hitori Futari
8 Watashi wa Kyawawawa!!
9 Liar Game

Rozen Maiden II (Color Page)
10 Grand Slam
11 Usogui
12 Gokusai
13 Nipongo
14 Gokukoku no Brynhildr
15 Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
16 Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~
17 Arumi-chan no Gakushuuchou
18 81 Diver
19 Heisei Policemen!!
20 Gangster Island
21 Nejimaki Kagyu
22 Shuukan Hajimete no Hatsune Miku

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi (Hiatus)

Innocent #001
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow, Innocent will be one hell of a read, that artwork is amazing, 53 pages to start it off? I do smell a next big hit in this one.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Lol Kiruko parody?

And... Innocent is amazing!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top