Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
281
Reaction score
562
Gender
Male
Country
Slovenia
Wow, Innocent will be one hell of a read, that artwork is amazing, 53 pages to start it off? I do smell a next big hit in this one.
Based on 3 color pages you've just seen huh?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Based on 3 color pages you've just seen huh?
Yeah considering I do have faith in this author and I know it will not disappoint, plus the theme may not be liked by everyone but those that love historical manga this will be a real treat. :) So it really is worth it putting my expectations high.
 

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
oy oy oy sakamoto's new work has been published and i just learned it, thou a little bumped about it being historical i am fired up to read (tr: devour) it. I like mangaka that doesnt keep their fans w8ing:) hopefully this will surpass Kokou no Hito.....
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kokou no Hito holds a special place in my heart for its excellent tackling of the subject matter and conveyance of emotion. But I'll give this series a shot. I dunno if I'm gonna try to translate it weekly, but I'll try to do the tankoubans. And obviously I need a group to scanlate it once we get to that point. I might at least translate this first chapter from the issue scans though.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, to go against the mood, I only read 2 chapters of Ascension and although this one is a French setting, the revolution period is not my cup of tea. So it will be wait and see on my side.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From what I understand it's a story about an executioner. It's not "about the French Revolution". It seems like it's another human drama, which is why I think I'd like it. We'll see.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Sanson is the executioner who killed Louis XVI and 3 000 other people during the French revolution so I seriously doubt this will be skipped...
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
From what I understand it's a story about an executioner. It's not "about the French Revolution". It seems like it's another human drama, which is why I think I'd like it. We'll see.
Human drama has potential for psychological stuff as well, it seems it's more about the character that way than the historical event.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
It will probably about the historical events seen from the point of view of this specific character. You can't escape them given who this guy is.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Summary of Innocent
フランス革命に生きた「処刑人」一族の数奇な運命を描く、歴史大河開幕――!!! 理想を求め、現代社会の出発点となった革命。その闇に生きた、もう一人の主人公「サンソン一族」とは……!? 悲運に苛まれながら、「自由」と「平等」を求め生きた男の壮絶な人生を圧倒的画力で描破する――!!!
Can translate?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've already translated most of chapter 1, but had to go to bed after working on other stuff all night.
The tricky thing is it does involve a lot of French which is a mostly dead language only spoken by a few hundred people from what I know. And I don't know much. And its grammatical rules and means of logic are rather hard to decipher because nothing is spelled like it's said. Also all their men look like women, apparently. And they all have about 5 names with about 3 hyphens.

So it becomes this sort of odd conglomeration of "Taking Japanese that's supposed to be implied as to be in 18th Century French, and translating that into English." And so it feels like it should be written in an antiquated way but I can't write that way beyond specific word choices (fairly literal translation of flowery language and such). And when flowery language does occur it becomes harder to decipher and still retain the formal tone of the Japanese/French. So I'm just going to translate it like I normally would I guess. Which results in people using modern phraseology in an antiquated period. And people using phrases that probably only vaguely sound like formal French/English but are moreso just fairly literal translations of flowery Japanese. Also, apparently "Charlot" is a pet name for someone named "Charles" in French somehow.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
According to this article :http://guillotine.voila.net/Bourreaux.html, charlot became a nickname for executionners because all Sanson where named Charles something.
Nowadays charlot rather refer to Charlie Chaplin character. Un charlot is therefore a clown or someone unreliable.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
According to this article :http://guillotine.voila.net/Bourreaux.html, charlot became a nickname for executionners because all Sanson where named Charles something.
Nowadays charlot rather refer to Charlie Chaplin character. Un charlot is therefore a clown or someone unreliable.
I guess that is where the word charlatan comes from as well. :XD Or those terms come from it.

If there is a scan out in the next few days of the first chapter, I will create a separate discussion thread for it in the seinen board, discussing one series in this general thread does not fit. :) But for now it's ok, just to discuss the RAW in spoiler tags.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm going to reserve it and specifically mark it to not be scanlated until there are volume raws out, due to the detail of the artwork it would really ruin it to run it through filters and such to get issue Edited Mangas done. I'm doing issue 1 this week but I don't think I'm necessarily going to do it every week simply because I do way too many series already and allocating time every week is much harder than allocating some time once every 3 months to do tankoubons.

Plus I want to get more of a whole bunch of the long-running series I'm working on and am I'm behind on done. And I still don't have any reliable group to work on Kingdom once I get into that. But I'm working on it. Also I'm translating REAL apparently.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thanks for the translation kewl! Everyone that wants to read it can go here: http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/36887

Please discuss the series in spoiler tags here, if you have anything to say about the plot, and I can really see that this indeed is a hard series to translate. I do hope we get the volume releases done by some group that does pick it up. :)
 

Aramire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Does anyone know when Miracle Jump would be out? It's supposed to be out this month, right?


// Seeing how Miracle JUMP is a spin-off from Weekly Young JUMP I decided to move your post to the respective thread. Don't think the release date has been announce yet though, but I'd assume some point mid February. -- Mr.Prince
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Does anyone know when Miracle Jump would be out? It's supposed to be out this month, right?
The next issue is out on February 26.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Found interesting PV of manga Jashu (now printed in Miracle Jump)
[video]http://youtu.be/r9imQdAsL8M[/video]
Unfortunately it does not translate!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top