Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that I just realized I was family-zoned by earthy. :gwah
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i did wut nao :cookiestare

:cop
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Family zoned, since you nominated me for the best family member. :arf :gwah
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Of course. You are like a brother to all new members, particularly the female members. :cookiehand

The jury's still out on whether you are the younger or the older one. :whistle
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's the charming personality. I'm an acquired taste. :hee


Depends. To silly billies like Adi, I can be like the older brother. To grannies like goodsy, I'm the younger one. :blush


But Gary's the biggest brother out of us all. :hurr
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
It's the charming personality. I'm an acquired taste. :hee


Depends. To silly billies like Adi, I can be like the older brother. To grannies like goodsy, I'm the younger one. :blush


But Gary's the biggest brother out of us all. :hurr
Kinky.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Milly appears to have a mancrush on you. :derp
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I friend of mine was about to start a seriously relationship with a girl from another town. He's old school, so he was going to visit her parents and ask their approval on the matter.
Off course the talk wouldn't be out of the blue, so the girl gave her parents the heads up, about the the talk and everything else. But before he could travel, her parents forbade her to get on this relationship, because he's from another town, etc
The thing is, the girls is 20 years old.. that's shitty, she's not a kid and they don't know him yet. For me it's kind of preposterous, they don't even know the guy and the girl should be able to make this kind of decision.

So now it's my confession... the guy have been struggling the last couple of years, since his last relationship. Now he finally gets something good, that looks promising, but then something like that happens. He's crushed and I don't know what to do to comfort him. I'm here on his house, drinking some beer and roasting a beef.. listening to some music as we talk about useless stuff and surf on the net.
But I really don't know what to say to him...
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe she'll decide to confront them, Moa. At some point, most of people do that. And as you said, she's 20 already.
They can't see each other meanwhile, but they can stay in touch. They can keep talking online of calling each other. Maybe that will give her confidence, when she sees what she'll miss if she doesn't decide to step away from the nest a bit?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What do I have to do with this conversation?
You're a neechan. :gwah

Milly appears to have a mancrush on you. :derp
No.
I friend of mine was about to start a seriously relationship with a girl from another town. He's old school, so he was going to visit her parents and ask their approval on the matter.
Off course the talk wouldn't be out of the blue, so the girl gave her parents the heads up, about the the talk and everything else. But before he could travel, her parents forbade her to get on this relationship, because he's from another town, etc
The thing is, the girls is 20 years old.. that's shitty, she's not a kid and they don't know him yet. For me it's kind of preposterous, they don't even know the guy and the girl should be able to make this kind of decision.

So now it's my confession... the guy have been struggling the last couple of years, since his last relationship. Now he finally gets something good, that looks promising, but then something like that happens. He's crushed and I don't know what to do to comfort him. I'm here on his house, drinking some beer and roasting a beef.. listening to some music as we talk about useless stuff and surf on the net.
But I really don't know what to say to him...
EIther have the girl confront her parents or remind her she doesn't have to listen to anything they say.

Try reasoning first though. That sometimes works out.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Moa, just be there for him. When you feel like shit, you can't expect people to have the answers or tell you what to do. Even having someone to just bounce shit off of and vent can be worth something.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Maybe she'll decide to confront them, Moa. At some point, most of people do that. And as you said, she's 20 already.
They can't see each other meanwhile, but they can stay in touch. They can keep talking online of calling each other. Maybe that will give her confidence, when she sees what she'll miss if she doesn't decide to step away from the nest a bit?
Yeha, that's what I said to him.
I told him that she should take a stand for them, with him backing her up, off cousre. But she must be sure about it, cuz if her heart starts to wonder, her resolve will wave and their relationship will not last

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

You're a neechan. :gwah


No.


EIther have the girl confront her parents or remind her she doesn't have to listen to anything they say.

Try reasoning first though. That sometimes works out.
She have to confront and reason, yes. But I think she does have to listen to her parents a little, she lives under their roof and they pay her bills... So she does have to weight their opinions on what she does. At least it's what I think and do with my decisions...

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Moa, just be there for him. When you feel like shit, you can't expect people to have the answers or tell you what to do. Even having someone to just bounce shit off of and vent can be worth something.
that's kind of what a I did... we didn't talk about shit for hours, until he bring it up.
So I told him what I thought was the right thing to do and what I would do... then he went to bed hehehe
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
But do they have a good reason for not allowing her to see the guy?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
But do they have a good reason for not allowing her to see the guy?
That's a mixed perception. For them, I bet they have all the reason to act so, but it would seem pretty meaningless from where the young people will be looking at it. Having their own reasons for an action doesn't completely justify the action, unfortunately.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
But do they have a good reason for not allowing her to see the guy?
Their reason is that he's not from the same town and her last relationship was a long distance relationship too. After she broke up with this guy she was hurt pretty bad.
Stuff like that, they're trying to protect her. But come on, she's not a girl and they don't know the guy... so it's unfair to both of them, to make this kind of decision
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Their reason is that he's not from the same town and her last relationship was a long distance relationship too. After she broke up with this guy she was hurt pretty bad.
Stuff like that, they're trying to protect her. But come on, she's not a girl and they don't know the guy... so it's unfair to both of them, to make this kind of decision
Well, I could understand where the parents are coming from. They truly don't have any faith in him, and if they don't know him well enough by any means, they have all the reason to be overly protective.
I think your friend has to meet the girl's parents at any case. If a meeting can be arranged and he can be convincing enough about his feelings, he can get the nod. Rather than making a sharp move, the girl has to be the mediator between the sides, so, she has the toughest task in hand.
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Thanks Adorien, i will take a look over there and i'm fully prepared for it!

Have something more to tell about confessions, yesterday i had a date with a worker pal and she didn't came at the meeting point :gwah then i asked what happened and she said he awoke 2 PM (our date was at 4 PM) took breakfast and had to go out with his father to buy some sports shoes to him. Dissapointing, don't you think?
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
she didn't bother to call you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top