Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I've always read about these fancy and sophisticated machines used in chemistry to determine how much analyte there is in a substance, or what something might be made of.

It's really strange that I'm actually using them in lab now. Sometimes, technology can be just as enchanting as a masterpiece fantasy novel.

And I'm pretty sure the HPLC I'm using costs at least nine times as much as my car.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I would actually say: Are you easily detracted enough to throw away time you need to spend on your own? Are you weak-minded enough to fall in-line with other people's criticisms just to feel part of a group?

Yeah, I am a major cynic when it comes to making friends because I have to fight the urge to value others more than myself. None of us can know someone entirely, so all we remember or know is just a shadow. It's important to treat people as people instead of the shadow. That means you can't care too deeply.
For some reason, this post makes me wanna cut my wrists. Kute's posts usually does the trick.

I've always read about these fancy and sophisticated machines used in chemistry to determine how much analyte there is in a substance, or what something might be made of.

It's really strange that I'm actually using them in lab now. Sometimes, technology can be just as enchanting as a masterpiece fantasy novel.

And I'm pretty sure the HPLC I'm using costs at least nine times as much as my car.
Just don't break it or set someone's' arm on fire. :teehee
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Just don't break it or set someone's' arm on fire. :teehee
Lucky for me (and my lab partner), no fire is needed for liquid chromatography. And we're only working with simple parabens for the moment. :p I will say that I'm pretty nervous about breaking something though. I doubt I've ever been trusted with something so expensive before in my life. :rofl
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Don't be nervous, that's just knocking on wood in a bad way. Be careful, but not nervous. Objects can sense and smell nervousness and eff up as result.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Don't be nervous, that's just knocking on wood in a bad way. Be careful, but not nervous. Objects can sense and smell nervousness and eff up as result.
No.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yes. You do not understand, for your mind is far too closed to comprehend. Open your mind, expand the realms beyond what you assume is true.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I would actually say: Are you easily detracted enough to throw away time you need to spend on your own? Are you weak-minded enough to fall in-line with other people's criticisms just to feel part of a group?

Yeah, I am a major cynic when it comes to making friends because I have to fight the urge to value others more than myself. None of us can know someone entirely, so all we remember or know is just a shadow. It's important to treat people as people instead of the shadow. That means you can't care too deeply.
You could always think along those lines, but you aren't going past your troubles through that path.
It's because you have to treat people as who they are, you need to get to know them somehow and that needs faith in that very same person.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I've always read about these fancy and sophisticated machines used in chemistry to determine how much analyte there is in a substance, or what something might be made of.

It's really strange that I'm actually using them in lab now. Sometimes, technology can be just as enchanting as a masterpiece fantasy novel.

And I'm pretty sure the HPLC I'm using costs at least nine times as much as my car.
So that means you actually did your homework? :P
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You could always think along those lines, but you aren't going past your troubles through that path.
It's because you have to treat people as who they are, you need to get to know them somehow and that needs faith in that very same person.
You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.

Someone who seems nice and genuine is not necessarily a good person. Certainly not when they start to attack and manipulate you. You thought you could trust them, but then they show that you misread them entirely and the trust will be used against you. Then you can't tell anyone, because they all see the cover image of a nice person. Since our society can't deal with these nutzoids until they go postal and commit a crime, I'd rather be on the defense. The last thing I need is to deal with another kook who can damage my reputation.

For some reason, this post makes me wanna cut my wrists. Kute's posts usually does the trick.
Emo Milly?

.
.
.

*snicker*
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.

Someone who seems nice and genuine is not necessarily a good person. Certainly not when they start to attack and manipulate you. You thought you could trust them, but then they show that you misread them entirely and the trust will be used against you. Then you can't tell anyone, because they all see the cover image of a nice person. Since our society can't deal with these nutzoids until they go postal and commit a crime, I'd rather be on the defense. The last thing I need is to deal with another kook who can damage my reputation.
As unfeasible as it may sound, you can see the soul of someone else. Getting to read a person's soul isn't something easily achievable, however, which makes us think it's impossible within human boundaries. For that to become even remotely possible, you have to know who you are. Without that, anything further will sound just like pure imagination.

Indeed, human beings aren't one-dimensional as one would like to think. You cannot avoid being hurt when you open up yourself. Though, it's the very same action that will lead to others showing their true sides more and more. There is nothing wrong with believing in people. That said, there is something wrong with believing in them more than you trust yourself.
If you are really hurt by the fact that people are covering themselves with images and not being completely sincere, I'd suggest you to stop worrying about your reputation. It's nothing but a cover image people hold of about your personality, after all.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
As unfeasible as it may sound, you can see the soul of someone else.
Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?

We see what we want to see. We hear what we want to hear. We say what we want to say. But all of these are not necessarily true.

If you are really hurt by the fact that people are covering themselves with images and not being completely sincere, I'd suggest you to stop worrying about your reputation. It's nothing but a cover image people hold of about your personality, after all.
Just one kook can ruin your life and career. I've seen it.

You cannot be truthful about yourself when there are people who use it against you. You cannot control them because our system cannot control them.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?

We see what we want to see. We hear what we want to hear. We say what we want to say. But all of these are not necessarily true.
I have already replied to these with my following statements you quoted. It's not simple. It's impossible if you aren't really reaching your own heart in the first place.
I disagree. People have identities of their own. Whatever deception they may try to use, it doesn't change at all. Saying that all depends purely on an unbalanced will is underestimating the value of this life.

Just one kook can ruin your life and career. I've seen it.

You cannot be truthful about yourself when there are people who use it against you. You cannot control them because our system cannot control them.
I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying just let it be. If you consider your entire life is a game of deception, degrading it to the level that there doesn't exist any sort of sincerity in it, why can't you just let it go?
If the people I'm up against are morally corrupted and I really do care about that, what does that make out of me as a human? I can't have it both ways. Either I need to be sincere to my own and be a savior of my own life or need to be more evil than the devil itself and beat them at their own games, in which I can't complain about the defiled world around me any further.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have already replied to these with my following statements you quoted. It's not simple. It's impossible if you aren't really reaching your own heart in the first place.
Wow. So basically all those tragedies happened at the fault of everyone around the person who didn't try hard enough? That's cruel.

I disagree. People have identities of their own. Whatever deception they may try to use, it doesn't change at all. Saying that all depends purely on an unbalanced will is underestimating the value of this life.
Change is a fact of life. People change all the time and our views change, almost never to match each other. You can predict it, but you cannot always be right.

I think that change is why life is so fascinating. But that's me.

I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying just let it be. If you consider your entire life is a game of deception, degrading it to the level that there doesn't exist any sort of sincerity in it, why can't you just let it go?
Hey, hey - where did I say it was all deception? I said it exists, so it's better to be on the defense and not get caught up in the illusion that a lack of friends is a direct reflection of yourself.

If the people I'm up against are morally corrupted and I really do care about that, what does that make out of me as a human?
Huh? Did I bring up morality? I'm just talking actions here.

It just makes you human because everyone deals with kooks. Mental illness is pretty prevalent.

I can't have it both ways. Either I need to be sincere to my own and be a savior of my own life or need to be more evil than the devil itself and beat them at their own games, in which I can't complain about the defiled world around me any further.
Who says you can't live in between? Who says you can't survive?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Wow. So basically all those tragedies happened at the fault of everyone around the person who didn't try hard enough? That's cruel.
I know.

Change is a fact of life. People change all the time and our views change, almost never to match each other. You can predict it, but you cannot always be right.

I think that change is why life is so fascinating. But that's me.
Ah, apologies for the confusion. Having an identity is an unchanging fact was what I tried to state. The identity itself is definitely due a change.

Hey, hey - where did I say it was all deception? I said it exists, so it's better to be on the defense and not get caught up in the illusion that a lack of friends is a direct reflection of yourself.
You didn't, but rather, I concluded it from your statement.
Isn't it a deception if it all comes down to a mere interpretation of the life, a perception?

Huh? Did I bring up morality? I'm just talking actions here.

It just makes you human because everyone deals with kooks. Mental illness is pretty prevalent.
I'm not so sure about that, but I can't really come up with a better explanation on my own, so, I'll have to agree.

Who says you can't live in between? Who says you can't survive?
Me (=
The one who brought up the morality concept.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.
You can get some insight into who they are, which can help you out. I guess the problem is that peopel begin to trust and become blinder. For those bad people, it's all about knowing how to be normal, I guess.
Emo Milly?

.
.
.

*snicker*
Blame the posts from you guys, not me. :-_-

Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?
Because no one took the time to see the truth? Or do anything about it? Or have enough aknowledge? If I recall, it's the mom's fault for Sandy Hook.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Because no one took the time to see the truth? Or do anything about it? Or have enough aknowledge? If I recall, it's the mom's fault for Sandy Hook.
And that's unacceptable.

Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.

You didn't, but rather, I concluded it from your statement.
Isn't it a deception if it all comes down to a mere interpretation of the life, a perception?
Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
And that's unacceptable.

Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.



Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
I wasn't specifically referring to the mental illness victims. I don't see a particular reason to consider them as the focus point of the subject, either.
To put it simply, though, I could say the causes of the mental disorder is not limited to genetic heritage and is often directly related with how a person finds out a way to survive within the community.
This is a world of associations. You can't ignore other people's sufferings, give no effort to understand them and then complain by looking at the end result. I don't really understand your last sentence, anyway. Who thinks that they deserve to be blamed? All people around the said person with disorder are to blame themselves for not being able to deal with it.

Ah, I see. Just a difference of opinion. Deception in my book is the perception that we impose on ourselves. In short, a human only gets fooled by no one else but himself for me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
And that's unacceptable.

Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.



Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
You misunderstand me. I meant it could be the public or authority's fault for lettin things happen, not for the mental illness. I mean, look at how the mom bought guns and taught her kids, especially her autistic (?) kid, how to use guns.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I confess that I'm supernervous for my non-date date.

So nervous... :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top