Games MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE ENDGAME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

Exactly. You came out with your information, the only sure way to help the townies now is to reveal your investigation results and help the other detectives determine their sanity. If they investigate the same person then they would immediately know if one is insane, in which case its as good as being a normal detective.
Okay, I got it. I guess there is no point in hiding the name now. This would be too conservative and revealing it could expand a few things.
It was you.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

Okay, I got it. I guess there is no point in hiding the name now. This would be too conservative and revealing it could expand a few things.
It was you.
What did you get?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

But you can help another detective if you talk
Exactly. You came out with your information, the only sure way to help the townies now is to reveal your investigation results and help the other detectives determine their sanity. If they investigate the same person then they would immediately know if one is insane, in which case its as good as being a normal detective.
The information is not completely lost though. He will surely share it with the recruiter at night. Also, the remaining detectives, as far as they trust him to be sincere, can investigate him and clarify their own sanity. I don't get how investigating the same person would do any good, as one would get an innocent and the other a guilty result.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

I don't know what else I could ask you.
No actually, I have something. Now that we are aware of the masons and since they did start with a recruiter (Haku was recruited; in against those games were we started with three masons but no recruiter), would you prefer being recruited and become a mason in exchange for your current role, or not?

I'm asking, because for instance my role is more useful if it stands on its own and I wouldnot want the masons to recruit me (I hope you read it, whoever you are).

Well, sucks.
Then have another clue: I'm not the bomb.

No, if the recruiter plans to recruite me than he definitely shouldn't. I can't perform any action but I feel quite comfortable with the role I have.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

The information is not completely lost though. He will surely share it with the recruiter at night. Also, the remaining detectives, as far as they trust him to be sincere, can investigate him and clarify their own sanity. I don't get how investigating the same person would do any good, as one would get an innocent and the other a guilty result.
They already have one information about last night, if they look at imp they will know what exactly their sanity
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

Ah, here we go, never mind.
If it wasn't himself asking for that, I was planning to hold it back, but I wanted to see how he would react to this new information.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Then have another clue: I'm not the bomb.

No, if the recruiter plans to recruite me than he definitely shouldn't. I can't perform any action but I feel quite comfortable with the role I have.
Hm, if we consider this is the truth (which somehow I believe it to be the case), quite a generous information this is.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

And what about you xi0? The fact that you can't vote doesn't mean you have to keep quiet about who you'd vote for?

Also, digital, if you do the host killings, then will you do it when you announce the result of the lynching, or before that? I'm asking, because depending on the roles of the host killed people one could deduct those from the remaining pool of roles, which would help a lot in the voting decision.
I feel sort of suspicious with how lawlett acted. It seemed uncharacteristic of him. I think it could be easy to be doubtful of jorped too, but there isn't much to go off of there. Haku seems to have thrown a wrench into everything and I sort of agree with your assessment of niichan. It was a smart play, but it doesn't mean he's Mafia or Townie. Though it makes it more likely he's Townie because that would be a risky, risky play if he was a Townie. As a Mafia he would only know who ISN'T Mafia, and picking out a single Mentor out of 22 would be pretty improbable.

I guess I sort of talked myself out of suspecting him just now :lmao

Obviously this mafia mason has to be a recruiter because a pro-town mason recruiter dies if he tries to recrute a mafia member.
Yeah but if the Recruiter was a Mafia Mason he wouldn't try to recruit a Mafia...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

The information is not completely lost though. He will surely share it with the recruiter at night. Also, the remaining detectives, as far as they trust him to be sincere, can investigate him and clarify their own sanity. I don't get how investigating the same person would do any good, as one would get an innocent and the other a guilty result.
Assuming I am telling the truth and am a townie so all the remaining detectives have to do is investigate me and check out their sanity. Haku is either naive or a normal detective. The most important person now though is the insane detective who would be able to investigate without difficulty peoples allegiances (if they stay alive long enough).

Or Haku could already be insane in which case....:oh
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

They already have one information about last night, if they look at imp they will know what exactly their sanity
How? I don't understand. The only information we now have is Imperium being innocent. We do not know about Haku's sanity, and only the other detective can say who he or she investigated if the result was guilty or innocent. We also do not know who the other detective investigated, but the chances are high, that the result was guilty, thus him being insane.

(Going by Haku's result on Imp being innocent - it is statistically more likely for him to be sane than insane, as if he was insane the chances are lower he in fact would straight investigate a mafia member and get an 'innocent' result.)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

Not sure if it helps anything here, but I already stated implicitly the reason I investigated Imp, which was me thinking him of as a Townie. I wanted to confirm his and if possible, Organizized's true side. So, naturally, I'd expect myself to be either naive or normal as a detective.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

Assuming I am telling the truth and am a townie so all the remaining detectives have to do is investigate me and check out their sanity. Haku is either naive or a normal detective. The most important person now though is the insane detective who would be able to investigate without difficulty peoples allegiances (if they stay alive long enough).
The thing is, we don't know if you indeed are a townie or not, unless we kill you. And the whole thing is based on a previously made assumption that Haku indeed was a detective. And if that is the case then why would somebody investigate YOU then, instead of HIM to test his sanity? It doesn't make any sense, as we know there are at least two different types of detectives and the result is likely to be the opposite. Thus we'd have two people having wasted their moves on you and still not knowing whether theryare sane, nor whether you are guilty or not.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

I don't really get why the recruiter would recruit Haku. It's a pretty weird choice to recruit a first time player.

I'm sorry but I'm not convinced. Haku could be the Mafia Detective and pretend like he was a Townie Det. Passing himself as Mason now feels weird to me too, it's a convenient way to lose suspicion and work around inconsistencies in hints.

Imp, have you given any hints about your role? My memory seems to fail me. If you have a good role, you might die from poison the next night... If you have a "crap"/"boring" role the Mafia might have gone for someone else.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

I don't really get why the recruiter would recruit Haku. It's a pretty weird choice to recruit a first time player.

I'm sorry but I'm not convinced. Haku could be the Mafia Detective and pretend like he was a Townie Det. Passing himself as Mason now feels weird to me too, it's a convenient way to lose suspicion and work around inconsistencies in hints.

Imp, have you given any hints about your role? My memory seems to fail me. If you have a good role, you might die from poison the next night... If you have a "crap"/"boring" role the Mafia might have gone for someone else.
So, what would you be your reason? Why do you think I implied I had a night role to Gary and said the opposite to you?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

No one has to be a Mafia Detective to pass themselves off as a Townie Detective. Any Mafia member could act like a Townie Detective because they already know who isn't Mafia and who isn't.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

So, what would you be your reason? Why do you think I implied I had a night role to Gary and said the opposite to you?
He's right about it being a convenient excuse to say two different things, but I don't think you're that dumb...nor are you intentionally trying to confuse. So I think you're probably a Townie.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

The thing is, we don't know if you indeed are a townie or not, unless we kill you. And the whole thing is based on a previously made assumption that Haku indeed was a detective. And if that is the case then why would somebody investigate YOU then, instead of HIM to test his sanity? It doesn't make any sense, as we know there are at least two different types of detectives and the result is likely to be the opposite. Thus we'd have two people having wasted their moves on you and still not knowing whether theryare sane, nor whether you are guilty or not.
Hmmm, yea, investigating him would prove more for definite. But the point is that him revealing it is not exactly useless.

Imp, have you given any hints about your role? My memory seems to fail me. If you have a good role, you might die from poison the next night... If you have a "crap"/"boring" role the Mafia might have gone for someone else.
I said before, I have a nightime townie role.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

So, what would you be your reason? Why do you think I implied I had a night role to Gary and said the opposite to you?
Like I said, inconsistencies. It could be a noob mistake, who knows at this point. You were challenged with your role rather early the first time.

No one has to be a Mafia Detective to pass themselves off as a Townie Detective. Any Mafia member could act like a Townie Detective because they already know who isn't Mafia and who isn't.
I know. Hence why it's so easy to do what he's doing, if it's fake. However I seem to be rather alone in my suspicions. So far the only ones I want to vote kill are Haku and Xad, but Xad hasn't even showed up yet and it might be a useless vote.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

No one has to be a Mafia Detective to pass themselves off as a Townie Detective. Any Mafia member could act like a Townie Detective because they already know who isn't Mafia and who isn't.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------



He's right about it being a convenient excuse to say two different things, but I don't think you're that dumb...nor are you intentionally trying to confuse. So I think you're probably a Townie.
Possible. Or I could even be a regular Townie with no great role trying to shield the real Townie Detective. It doesn't help rule out much of a thing, I'd say.

Well, I could also be doing that, but it's not my taste to be so open with a trap, assuming I was trying to lure people into a wrong idea.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE! DAY 2!

I don't really get why the recruiter would recruit Haku. It's a pretty weird choice to recruit a first time player.
Yeah, it certainly is true, it's a weird choice for sure. Other than the recruiter completely being sure of him being a townie, I don't see a reason to go after him. But on the other hand, it is very risky for a mafia member to claim being a mason. It can be a good move to lure out the real mason and the recruiter, but the mafia cannot know how many masons there were to begin with, and if they don't vote him out pretty quickly. We started with a game of 22 players and had at least two killing parties. Nobody says the masons started with one person only. Especially since we had games in which they were three from day 1.

Who you'd have recruited by the way, if you would be the recruiting mason on night 1, if not him?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top