Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

And a sleeper frosty! My games were close though. Two came down to the final 3 players, one was ruined by sakura and another had a mafia hostkill.
Yeah, I know, but the sleeper was hostkilled. I should've included him in my total, however.

I actually thought that five players would be hostkilled, so I was actually disappointed when only four were hostkilled.

Your games were close, but the Town has more members than in Evil's games, so it makes it much harder for the Mafia to win.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

There was also a freeman in there, maybe shoulda thrown in a death miller too. It's always hard to find a balance with the mafia game, but I think evil makes the mafia too strong, like in the bleach game it was possible townies would lose by the second night.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Yeah, I will work on a better balance too. :sweat

But the Bleach game was totally not the way I had planned it. Who could have known both Mafias would only be up to kill townies, instead of each other. :bnah
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Really?! :gwah I never noticed. Maybe you build the town's side too strong... I don't know what my ration would be, and if I'm not doing the opposite. :errr Gotta take a look now.
Mafia team:
[SPOILER="I wish he was townie" Mafia]
[/SPOILER]

You think so? :o
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

There was also a freeman in there, maybe shoulda thrown in a death miller too. It's always hard to find a balance with the mafia game, but I think evil makes the mafia too strong, like in the bleach game it was possible townies would lose by the second night.
Yeah, and I included the Freeman in my later discussion, but the Freeman isn't precisely an anti-town role. If the Mafia don't kill him, he still counts for Town numbers.

Death Millers are really screwy to play with as you think you know how many Mafia there are and then there are essentially more than you had thought.

Yeah, I will work on a better balance too. :sweat

But the Bleach game was totally not the way I had planned it. Who could have known both Mafias would only be up to kill townies, instead of each other. :bnah
See, I think that your balances are much more fun. Well, in the Bleach game, you perhaps did give the anti-town forces too many advantages, but it was really fun. Perhaps one five player mafia, a third party, and a sleeper may have been fairer, but it was definitely a unique game.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

That's what random.org put out jorped!
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Mafia team:
[SPOILER="I wish he was townie" Mafia]
[/SPOILER]

You think so? :o
But that's digital's doing!

And why is mazino that smiling kid? Mazino never smiles. :nah
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Really?! :gwah I never noticed. Maybe you build the town's side too strong... I don't know what my ration would be, and if I'm not doing the opposite. :errr Gotta take a look now.
Maybe YOU build the mafia side too strong ç.ç
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

But that's digital's doing!

And why is mazino that smiling kid? Mazino never smiles. :nah
You don't make him smile? I thought you did :(
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Any thoughts on this?

One change I would like is to give the Mentor the Mafa Boss Detective-protection thing. Otherwise, he's just a gimped Serial Killer with a Sith Apprentice. Also, what are your thoughts on allowing the first Mentee to take over as the Mentor if the Mentor's killed, but then when the Mentee (now the Mentor) recruits his own Mentee, if either the Mentor or the Mentee die, both die?

I've never really liked Bulletproof or Freeman as roles. Vigilante, I can accept because there could be crazy nuts out there with a gun or something, but protection from night kills or eliminating a day phase just seem like odd, odd abilities.

____________

In terms of the poll, Evil, it's Soul Calibur, not Soulcalibur. :derp
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

That's what random.org put out jorped!
I thought you gave me Mafia Boss on my first game because you like me a lot! Or you wanted me to screw hard ... hmmm :crying
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

But I sign up for the next one as a player.
Signs up for Game 23.
Anyway if it's possible, i would also love to participate on the next game :x3
im in again
oh and I'm in
Besides that, I'm in :allthe
I'll play, Evil.
I'm in... if the game starts this month.
I'm in. My nazi daddy said I can.

GAME 23
01 [user]digitaldude[/user]
02 [user]3c[/user]
03 [user]jorped[/user]
04 [user]Mazino[/user]
05 [user]sakura-aneki[/user]
06 [user]naruto-niichan[/user]
07 [user]FrostyMouse[/user]
08 [user]xi0[/user]
09 [user]TheMoa[/user]
10 [user]Farfalla[/user]

Ok, since it's filling, I would say we can start on wednesday. Objections anyone?
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

For me the sooner the better :D
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

I am in
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

I actually have to mention when the game started, even though, i was the Mafia Boss. I wasn't that excited, but with time i started to enjoy a lot the game.

And now i won't stop till i win :gar
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

Mentor is already really powerful frost.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5 - SIGN UP for Game 23!

I don't have any problems with starting sooner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top