Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
There are games that are played in chatrooms, take like 4-5 hours.
Worth a thought.

By the way, this wasn't an accusation or just a criticism for no reason. Don't get the wrong idea, Evil.
I just find it a bit odd that a night phase takes 12 hours when the Mafia already knows who is who. And unlike the Townie side, they can talk at day (not PM, but they can join the discussion) and develop their strategy within that time. Generally, the person who is going to be killed becomes evident more or less a couple of hours before the lynch, so, add those a couple of more hours, too, and they have about 14~15 hours to decide who to kill.
Compared to the 24-hour Townie day, I find this number a bit too high, that's all.
Well, it is because of the time zones. It would be no big problem to settle everything within like 3-4 hourse, if all players would be living in say Germany. But since we have players from Singapore to Turkey, Israel, US and Brazil it would be not fair for some, as they could not participate during these little time slot, if it is around 3am to 7am their time, when they are sleeping, or I don't know 1pm to 4pm, when they are at work.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
The mafias are doing well.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Unless the detective play very goood, i think we are going to loose .-., Gogogo real townies!
you were a traitor... a naive one, but a traitor nevertheless :hmph

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

It´s hard, but I still think that the game is winnable... unless the insane doctor screw up, this night we should have only 1 death

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

what happens if the mentor tries to recruit a mafia?
I don't think that it was especified
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
what happens if the mentor tries to recruit a mafia?
I don't think that it was especified
I think the Mafia becomes a Mentee and no one realizes that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No, I think the Mafia dies the following night...right?
 
Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Wait, I'm confused. Does he kill the Mafia he recruited?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wait, I'm confused. Does he kill the Mafia he recruited?
The following night, yes. It works like the Mafia Poisoner I think. Probably to make him not as a powerful, so the reason for the delay is different.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
does the rest of the mafia know that their temmate was recruited? and are the Mentor informed before hand that his new mentee is mafia?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
does the rest of the mafia know that their temmate was recruited? and are the Mentor informed before hand that his new mentee is mafia?
I don't think he's recruited. The recruitment fails and the mafia dies the next night.

At least that's how I understood it.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Watt. No the way I read it the mafia member dies instantly.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Oh wait no, the text says nothing, but this is what we agreed with digital, when he introduced the role last game. The Mafia Member dies the night he is recruited. The recruiting is basically just a kill for the Mafia side.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
ok, that should help the townie side :D
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I was reading the wiki section for a Townie-aligned Mentor. Apparently the Mentor can be used as a Townie, Mafia, or Third Party. Just a minor confusion there.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
It would be a lot cooler if the Mentor was also able to recruit a Mafia member, but never mind.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It would be a lot cooler if the Mentor was also able to recruit a Mafia member, but never mind.
He can if he's a Townie Mentor. He can choose to kill him or keep him. At least that's how I understood it.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
He can if he's a Townie Mentor. He can choose to kill him or keep him. At least that's how I understood it.
So, the Mentor also has an allegiance?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top