Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Great, we lost a Doctor. Also, still no Mafia died.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
But seriously, with such a bad Townie play, how can it be my fault that Mafia usually wins when I'm hosting? :darn
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Well, couple of guys completely screwed it up (Hello jorped, gnut :XD), so, you can't blame all of us for that bad play, either.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

WAIT WE ALREADY LOST??
I can theorize a few scenarios, but Evil will << :darn >> us, so, it can wait.
To say the least, we are pretty close to losing.
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I just want to mention that when I play as Townie when you host, digital, there is usually one mafia lynched by the end of day 2. The success rate of the Townie side, when I don't play, seems much lower though. So I'm not fully taking the criticism that whenever I host the mafia is always better off, because I am building the pool of roles too much in favour for them. That's what I'm saying.:)

And digital, you should know better than posting such comments at night phases.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Here, let me summarize it for you DD:

Evil3ye said:
It's not my hosting. I'm just miles better than you as a player and that's it. The bitter truth you didn't want to face until now..
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
But seriously, with such a bad Townie play, how can it be my fault that Mafia usually wins when I'm hosting? :darn
Bad play because no one followed me. I wasn't even supposed to reveal my role anyway. The way i was acting it was likely i could even be the bulletproof. But people just wanted to jump at someone ... and early phase, being the most active of all, i guess the townies realized even if i was townie i wouldn't be a big loss!

Previous game people had some coherent reasoning to why i should be lynched ... ignoring the fact that Kdowns was the bomb, was one example. But at this time they didn't had anything at all. I know why a certain someone suspected me and didn't like my ideas regarding a certain matter, but in that case it was normal ... the others? Nothing.

But i guess this game being active equals to being suspicious, last game was obviously the same :teehee
Anyway, if you still haven't lynched a Mafia don't just blame me.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
It's because those who revealed a role when pressured in the last game happened to be the bad guys, so, your move made it look like you were one.
Besides, that "I can't be Mafia two in a row" thing you said out of nowhere made people suspect you in the first place.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It's because those who revealed a role when pressured in the last game happened to be the bad guys, so, your move made it look like you were one.
Besides, that "I can't be Mafia two in a row" thing you said out of nowhere made people suspect you in the first place.
I am pretty sure i didn't say "i can't". I might be mistaken by i mentioned the chances of that being the case were extremely low, though ii am pretty sure i never said it was impossible to happen. Ok, lets show you guys what i meant. Imagine we have 4 Mafia on a total of 20 players, this gives us 4/20=1/5=20%
Ignoring the fact that we all know i was Mafia in the first game, before the start of these 2 games, the chance of someone being Mafia on both games is
20%*20%=4%

I mentioned this case, i said it was unlikely i was Mafia again , but yeah now i made the calculus and yeah it seems i was really wrong about this! 4% is a huge percentage!
And btw, i only said that, because i was questioned. Not like i said it out of nowhere :oh
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
jorped, you have to learn how the game works and which forces are moving it. There are usually up to three parties, and they all have got other motivations and reflections on how the game should flow. It's too soon to discuss it in detail and say what you did wrong and how others made profit of it, but be sure after the game a few more people would love to share their views about you, ok. :)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I am pretty sure i didn't say "i can't". I might be mistaken by i mentioned the chances of that being the case were low, though never something impossible of happening. Ok, lets show you guys what i meant. Imagine we have 4 Mafia on a total of 20 players, this gives us 4/20=1/5=20%
Ignoring the fact that we all know i was Mafia in the first game, before the start of these 2 games, the chance of someone being Mafia on both games is
20%*20%=4%

I mentioned this case, i said it was unlikely i was Mafia, but yeah now i made the calculus and yeah it seems i was really wrong about this! 4% is a huge percentage!
And btw, i only said that, because i was questioned. Not like i said it out of nowhere :oh
But, people were questioning whether niichan could be a Mafia four times in a row or not, in the previous game. There were people who said he couldn't be, since the probability was too low and they were immediately suspected for backing up niichan.
In your case, the probability was higher. Although, I'd admit you were just unfortunate.

Yeah yeah I am terrible player...
That's what Evil said, not me :XD

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

By the way, I assume this night phase will take a lot of time. There are so many Mafia members to discuss the kill that they can't even decide which one of us to kill, no? :-_-
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
And I'd like you to stop the discussion here, because I don't want to ban even more people for future games. :police
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Okay, okay..
Night phases are really a hindrance to fun in this game :-_-
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Okay, okay..
Night phases are really a hindrance to fun in this game :-_-
By the way, this wasn't an accusation or just a criticism for no reason. Don't get the wrong idea, Evil.
I just find it a bit odd that a night phase takes 12 hours when the Mafia already knows who is who. And unlike the Townie side, they can talk at day (not PM, but they can join the discussion) and develop their strategy within that time. Generally, the person who is going to be killed becomes evident more or less a couple of hours before the lynch, so, add those a couple of more hours, too, and they have about 14~15 hours to decide who to kill.
Compared to the 24-hour Townie day, I find this number a bit too high, that's all.
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Fuck, Me and my awesome hair are dead, well it happens ^^
 
Last edited:

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Unless the detective play very goood, i think we are going to loose .-., Gogogo real townies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top