Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
lol horsemeat is for burgers. ask cnn.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha its on CNN? I didnt think europes mass horsemeat psychosis would be noticed.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
God I need to watch so many films. I barely watched any of the oscar hopefuls, including silver linings playbook.
not even... Les Miserables??? Anne Hathaway and her oscar-winning 5-minute appearance???


BLEACH should be re-titled, How I Met Your Mother.
:rofl

don't tell me it's... Unohana?????
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
no. It's Isshin starting with 'Kids...'
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nah, fries are actually really nice. I wouldnt stop eating them if I didnt have the the capacity to get full or fat. I wouldnt say the same about listening to one direction.
fries > 1D

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

The presentation wouldn't be as dramatic and heart-pounding if they stuck to the whole truth.
i agree with this tho. it would be a documentary titled "The Canadian Caper"

BLEACH should be re-titled, How I Met Your Mother.
I LIKE! :D

:rofl

don't tell me it's... Unohana?????
no, it's Quincy.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

now that you mentioned it, i don't see Ichigo brandishing a bow and arrow. that would be pointless, since he's faster than a Quincy's arrow.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Then Isshin finishes his first story with "... and that's how I met your uncle Ryuken."
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Who wants to bet his mother is ryukens sister? I will bet a whole internet dollar.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
that's why ishida is his cousin once removed
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
juga impregnated misaki. bitcoins.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
does anybody read D. Gray Man? thoughts? I need some new material to read... recs welcome. Although I think, I'm the widest reader among us? Kahit ano kasi pinapatulan ko haha.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
the older i get, the narrower the reader i become.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I dropped it if that counts.
on what grounds?

the older i get, the narrower the reader i become.
yeah I know what you mean.

but it should also mean that you ought to explore more titles that are more to your niche? like more seinen, probably?


I checked my manga folders and I actually have more of seinen than anything. Very few josei, but only because there's so few to be found out there- there seems to be more Edited Mangas of seinen than josei. Very few josei also become popular, for some mysterious reason.

I also have a bit more shoujo than shounen. But that's because I can appreciate stupid love a little bit more than say, me-against-the-world-omg-i'm-a-special-boy. But there are some gems that I can only really find in shounen as well- and that is the shounen "romance"- what the manga/anime world somehow refer to as a boy's purest and idealistic ambitions of becoming a man and taking on adversities while enjoying the youthful support of friends, purely platonic, if I might add.

Or if it would be a romance in the normal sense of the word, i can only also find the best ones in Shounen- works by Mitsuru Adachi, for example, really grab both connotations of the word.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Finished with Bakuman
(I watched the 1st and 2nd season of the anime then I read the manga chapter where the season 2 anime ended) :derp

Currently at:
Volume 3 of Real
Volume 7 of 20th Century Boys (I'm reading it on an actual manga I bought from Booksale)

My time for manga reading becomes sleeping time that's why my progress is so slow... :sweat
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
AWESOME! Does that mean you have 7 volumes of 20cb?

and if it's from booksale, how much did you get it for??

I actually didn't get that Konata was doing a 20cb reference- I'm assuming that's part of the opening animation? in which case, you sure have fast eyes to have picked up on that :XD
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
on what grounds?
I honestly didnt enjoy it. I forgot the exact reasons now as this was years ago. I did however like Kanda a lot. But honestly take my opinion with a pinch of salt, there are a lot of things I dropped. HxH being another.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
dropping HxH is understandable. I, for the longest time, veered away from it. lol. I hated the long hiatuses. The squiggles and sketches that passed off as releases were appalling. And when I saw ants at the start of the (ant) arc, I thought it was totally out of whack with the entire series.

But when I did bring myself to read it, like, when I convinced myself to get past the unprofessional attitude and the sloppy artwork, I was not disappointed. In fact, it may even sound contradictory but in the ant arc is the most awesome subplot I have ever seen ANYWHERE in any manga, and a sequence of events with the most epic paneling and art I had ever come across (when he fixed it for the tank releases).
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
AWESOME! Does that mean you have 7 volumes of 20cb?
No. I only have one volume, which is Volume 7. I read Vol 1-6 digitally.

and if it's from booksale, how much did you get it for??
I bought it from the Booksale in MOA, 170php

I actually didn't get that Konata was doing a 20cb reference- I'm assuming that's part of the opening animation? in which case, you sure have fast eyes to have picked up on that :XD
Yes that is part of the opening.
I saw it after I noticed that Konata did some familiar motion using her arms and paused the video.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I honestly didnt enjoy it. I forgot the exact reasons now as this was years ago. I did however like Kanda a lot. But honestly take my opinion with a pinch of salt, there are a lot of things I dropped. HxH being another.
:nah

poor imp
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
yeah I know what you mean.

but it should also mean that you ought to explore more titles that are more to your niche? like more seinen, probably?
believe me, i willed myself countless times, but other supposedly "more relevant" stuff have hooked me away from exploring other note-worthy titles.

from at least 20 titles, i am now down to 6 titles. 6.

pitiful.

i think its just a natural process. when you start reading manga, you take everything in, then filter your way through those titles that you will make you "pick" it up, regardless if its bothersome or not.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

and oh, i'm done with Chuuka Ichiban (Cooking Master Boy). sana man lang tinapos nila yung legendary utensils arc. 3/8 utensils, and im left bitin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top