Ah yeah, I know La Pacem Domine, but not Da Pacem Domino.
Every hymn has great meanings, I must say.
Lately I like to hear Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart. It's nearing Easter, after all. The meaning suits the atmosphere.
Latin may be dead for most people, but if you want to live (and learn) it, there are some astonishingly modern ways like this weekly newsupdate by a german radio station. Also there's latin in Vatican, dunno for how much that counts though. Twitter should be a good way since they're issuing the same message in multiple languages including latin. Or rather have. No clue if the new guy will continue with that.
I've seen a lesson in latin grammar, but I can't really make sense of it without someone explaining it to me. I wanted to ask a priest who's a friend of mine to teach me, but I kept forgetting and in the end, we were far apart now and lost contact.
I still like to sing and pray in Latin, at least.
Oh God, the questions I fear the most since my answer is often "there are so many, I can't mention them one by one".
My favorite books? I had hundreds of them (since most are from series). I guess mentioning some of the authors is a lot easier: Garth Nix, Robin McKinley, Megan Whalen Turner, Maria V. Snyder, Shannon Hale, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, Kristin Cashore, Jessica Day George, Rick Riordan, C. S. Lewis, Melanie Dickerson, Alison Croggon, Lynn Kurland, Agatha Christie, Mette Ivie Harrison, Michael Scott, and still soooooo many others.
Only one? Eh, which one should I pick... I don't think I can pick at all.
Music artist? I guess the one I like the most will be Akiko Shikata.
I've seen a lesson in latin grammar, but I can't really make sense of it without someone explaining it to me. I wanted to ask a priest who's a friend of mine to teach me, but I kept forgetting and in the end, we were far apart now and lost contact.
I still like to sing and pray in Latin, at least.
Lol, better do so yup. The grammar is - after being seemingly easy at first - quite nasty with its special cases and stuff. On the other hand it probably depends on the languages you already know and the time you have to learn.
That said, do you understand what you're singing/praying?
Lol, better do so yup. The grammar is - after being seemingly easy at first - quite nasty with its special cases and stuff. On the other hand it probably depends on the languages you already know and the time you have to learn.
That said, do you understand what you're singing/praying?
Ah yeah, I know La Pacem Domine, but not Da Pacem Domino.
Every hymn has great meanings, I must say.
Lately I like to hear Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart. It's nearing Easter, after all. The meaning suits the atmosphere.
It's not La Pacem Domine, it's Da Pacem Domine
Hymns generally hold a deep meaning. It feels like reading old, mysterious manuscripts or a Biblical expression at times.
As of late, I listen to Vienna Boys' Choir's sound occasionally. They also have their version of Ave Verum Corpus, if I remember it correctly.
It's not La Pacem Domine, it's Da Pacem Domine
Hymns generally hold a deep meaning. It feels like reading old, mysterious manuscripts or a Biblical expression at times.
As of late, I listen to Vienna Boys' Choir's sound occasionally. They also have their version of Ave Verum Corpus, if I remember it correctly.
Speaking Latin is not hard, if you just want to speak, you see. The pronunciation is rather easy. Back then, I could sing some Latin songs even before I knew the meaning.
Still busy of course... but not as stressful as I was, though I still have migraine from time to time...
I still have to keep up with so many things... My friends start wondering what kind of life I'm leading right now.. They even said my face looked like an agenda ful of meetings schedule.
But I think I can manage... Just give me a month or so and I'll be back in full power!!!
Still busy of course... but not as stressful as I was, though I still have migraine from time to time...
I still have to keep up with so many things... My friends start wondering what kind of life I'm leading right now.. They even said my face looked like an agenda ful of meetings schedule.
But I think I can manage... Just give me a month or so and I'll be back in full power!!!
Has that always been the case with the low blood pressure or more of a gradual thing? Are you eating properly though? cos I've heard that helps; eating smaller meals, more often.
Has that always been the case with the low blood pressure or more of a gradual thing? Are you eating properly though? cos I've heard that helps; eating smaller meals, more often.
It is an inherited one, so it's not dangerous or anything.. Its symptoms will only come out when I'm too tired or lacking food.
Haha, I'm famous for my ability to "forget" eating.
It is an inherited one, so it's not dangerous or anything.. Its symptoms will only come out when I'm too tired or lacking food.
Haha, I'm famous for my ability to "forget" eating.