The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Oh, a facepalm moment for me. It's not La Pacem Domino. It's Da Pacem Domine :sweat
It has a nice meaning, too.
Give peace, O Lord, in our time
Because there is no one else
Who will fight for us
If not You, our God.
Ah yeah, I know La Pacem Domine, but not Da Pacem Domino. :XD
Every hymn has great meanings, I must say.
Lately I like to hear Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart. It's nearing Easter, after all. The meaning suits the atmosphere.

Wish Latin wasn't dead as a language.
Not quite dead since it is still in use.[/QUOTE]

Latin may be dead for most people, but if you want to live (and learn) it, there are some astonishingly modern ways like this weekly newsupdate by a german radio station. Also there's latin in Vatican, dunno for how much that counts though. Twitter should be a good way since they're issuing the same message in multiple languages including latin. Or rather have. No clue if the new guy will continue with that.
I've seen a lesson in latin grammar, but I can't really make sense of it without someone explaining it to me. I wanted to ask a priest who's a friend of mine to teach me, but I kept forgetting and in the end, we were far apart now and lost contact. :oh
I still like to sing and pray in Latin, at least.

Interview:

What are your favorite books? (Indicate the author)
Most favorite manga/anime? (only one)
Most favorite music artist? (only one)
Oh God, :darn the questions I fear the most since my answer is often "there are so many, I can't mention them one by one". :derp
My favorite books? I had hundreds of them (since most are from series). I guess mentioning some of the authors is a lot easier: Garth Nix, Robin McKinley, Megan Whalen Turner, Maria V. Snyder, Shannon Hale, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, Kristin Cashore, Jessica Day George, Rick Riordan, C. S. Lewis, Melanie Dickerson, Alison Croggon, Lynn Kurland, Agatha Christie, Mette Ivie Harrison, Michael Scott, and still soooooo many others. :cookiestare
Only one? Eh, which one should I pick... I don't think I can pick at all. :oh
Music artist? I guess the one I like the most will be Akiko Shikata.

I pick Colin, the God of Sex!
You pray to that kind of God before you die? :fail

Then please continue and treat my mother well. :derp
What are you implying? :notrust

Random browsing brought me to...


The opening melody sounds familiar? How dare they mess with Chiaki-senpai's Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto like thaaaat!!! :p
Oh yeah. :XD Well, it's a trend to mix classical music with other genre. :p

Why would I not treat her well?
Er.. I don't know either... Maybe because she can be hard to handle sometimes?
Oh, alright. If you say so.
...:-_-
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I've seen a lesson in latin grammar, but I can't really make sense of it without someone explaining it to me. I wanted to ask a priest who's a friend of mine to teach me, but I kept forgetting and in the end, we were far apart now and lost contact. :oh
I still like to sing and pray in Latin, at least.
Lol, better do so yup. The grammar is - after being seemingly easy at first - quite nasty with its special cases and stuff. On the other hand it probably depends on the languages you already know and the time you have to learn.

That said, do you understand what you're singing/praying? :D
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Lol, better do so yup. The grammar is - after being seemingly easy at first - quite nasty with its special cases and stuff. On the other hand it probably depends on the languages you already know and the time you have to learn.

That said, do you understand what you're singing/praying? :D
Yeah, without guidance, it's going to be really tricky. :derp

Yeah, since I sing and pray the usual music and prayers, like Agnus Dei, Pater Noster and others.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Ah yeah, I know La Pacem Domine, but not Da Pacem Domino. :XD
Every hymn has great meanings, I must say.
Lately I like to hear Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart. It's nearing Easter, after all. The meaning suits the atmosphere.
It's not La Pacem Domine, it's Da Pacem Domine :toc
Hymns generally hold a deep meaning. It feels like reading old, mysterious manuscripts or a Biblical expression at times.
As of late, I listen to Vienna Boys' Choir's sound occasionally. They also have their version of Ave Verum Corpus, if I remember it correctly.

Not quite dead since it is still in use.
Hm, like where?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I wish I can speak Latin. Their songs are beautiful and mesmerizing.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

It's not La Pacem Domine, it's Da Pacem Domine :toc
Hymns generally hold a deep meaning. It feels like reading old, mysterious manuscripts or a Biblical expression at times.
As of late, I listen to Vienna Boys' Choir's sound occasionally. They also have their version of Ave Verum Corpus, if I remember it correctly.
God, I am infected by you too. :fail La and Da sounds so similar. :arf

Hm, like where?
In music and prayers. :oh Or in the Holy Mass in Vatican.

I wish I can speak Latin. Their songs are beautiful and mesmerizing.
Speaking Latin is not hard, if you just want to speak, you see. The pronunciation is rather easy. Back then, I could sing some Latin songs even before I knew the meaning.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

God, I am infected by you too. :fail La and Da sounds so similar. :arf
Well, I needed to check a couple of times to see which one of us wrote Da and which wrote La :XD

In music and prayers. :oh Or in the Holy Mass in Vatican.
Ah, didn't know that. I need more cultural knowledge regarding universal stuff like that.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Ah, didn't know that. I need more cultural knowledge regarding universal stuff like that.
Well... Latin music is still well-known these days, how can you not know it? O.o
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Well... Latin music is still well-known these days, how can you not know it? O.o
Not the music, I meant the Holy Mass in special.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Okay, I'm back.... for a while.

AND WHAT THE HECK??!! My fujoushi friend will laugh out loud at the title of this thread. I'll never live this down. :fail
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

WB ghost-chan,

How have things been with you lately?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Still busy of course... but not as stressful as I was, though I still have migraine from time to time...

I still have to keep up with so many things... My friends start wondering what kind of life I'm leading right now.. They even said my face looked like an agenda ful of meetings schedule. :sweat

But I think I can manage... Just give me a month or so and I'll be back in full power!!!





....I hope. :derp
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Still busy of course... but not as stressful as I was, though I still have migraine from time to time...

I still have to keep up with so many things... My friends start wondering what kind of life I'm leading right now.. They even said my face looked like an agenda ful of meetings schedule. :sweat

But I think I can manage... Just give me a month or so and I'll be back in full power!!!





....I hope. :derp
Glad you're not dying anymore but the recurring migraines worry me.

What's keeping you so busy lately? the council works and studies? or you've got other things above those?

I hope to see you come back in full power soon!
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Glad you're not dying anymore but the recurring migraines worry me.

What's keeping you so busy lately? the council works and studies? or you've got other things above those?

I hope to see you come back in full power soon!
Ah, it's usually because I'm too tired. Usually it doesn't get that much worse. I do have low blood pressure after all...

Yeah, those. And also, I'm preparing for my thesis. You know, thesis. :derp

Me too! ;)

N.B: What's with your username and avatar? :derp
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Ah, it's usually because I'm too tired. Usually it doesn't get that much worse. I do have low blood pressure after all...

Yeah, those. And also, I'm preparing for my thesis. You know, thesis. :derp

Me too! ;)

N.B: What's with your username and avatar? :derp
I didn't know about the low blood pressure thing until now. Maybe I just forgot :oh.

You mean your dissertation?

Oh that....what about it?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

I didn't know about the low blood pressure thing until now. Maybe I just forgot :oh.

You mean your dissertation?

Oh that....what about it?
I don't remember telling you about it though...

Yep. That's the one.

Extremely... disgusting.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Has that always been the case with the low blood pressure or more of a gradual thing? Are you eating properly though? cos I've heard that helps; eating smaller meals, more often.

What is your thesis dissertation on?

Why thank you my dear ghost, I aim to please
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

Has that always been the case with the low blood pressure or more of a gradual thing? Are you eating properly though? cos I've heard that helps; eating smaller meals, more often.

What is your thesis dissertation on?

Why thank you my dear ghost, I aim to please
It is an inherited one, so it's not dangerous or anything.. Its symptoms will only come out when I'm too tired or lacking food.
Haha, I'm famous for my ability to "forget" eating.

My dissertation? Psycho Pass. :cheez

Please? Please? :cookiestare
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: yukihime03's yaoi thread

It is an inherited one, so it's not dangerous or anything.. Its symptoms will only come out when I'm too tired or lacking food.
Haha, I'm famous for my ability to "forget" eating.

My dissertation? Psycho Pass. :cheez

Please? Please? :cookiestare
So you need to eat a lot. I also forget/too lazy to eat sometimes ( I've been told off quite many times about it:swear), but trying to remedy that now.

Really? that's kinda awesome :XD I take it you've seen and loved the series? I've got it on my watch list for very soon....

Okay, just because you begged kindly, I changed my nick back :hmph.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top