- Joined
- May 19, 2011
- Messages
- 667
- Reaction score
- 489
- Age
- 34
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-

I did do some wiki-researching about it after hunt's comment. I thought he was over exaggerating, I was all like "psssh hunt, come onChinese here in the Philippines are one of the wealthiest.
". Then I began reading. How is it seen over there? Is it considered a problem? Or not an issue?
i think so too. pretty smart move if you ask me.Chinese here in the Philippines are one of the wealthiest.
Surprisingly, the Ayala and the Lopez groups didn't make it to the top ten (and maybe Villar??)... neither did Gokungwei for that matter. I wonder if they dispersed their assets so as to keep on the lie-low...![]()
i knew it. bb looks chinese to me.I don't think it's a problem or issue. They're Filipinos, pretty much. They just have Chinese ancestry but born here and struggled here. But being the purist Chinese, about half of their population still try to keep to "pure bloods" and marry only Chinese. But I know a lot who marry into "halfies" or totally non-chinese, and it's fine. I have a Chinese last name myself, and I'm pretty sure some great great grandfather of mine was Chinese who made it here.
If you read up on the stories of those rich people we mentioned, their stories are pretty tough and inspiring. Maybe the newer generation may be spoiled (like any other race of rich people, i would assume) but those guys made it to the top with real hard work.
Henry Sy, for one, started with a shoe store. Hence, SM (which used to stand for ShoeMart). And my parents still remember when it was but one building in the entire country. Now his malls are in every fucking train stop and corner. Two in some. >.>
etc. etc.

touche.anyone can be "the most hard-working and determined-to-succeed people in the world", you only need the right amount of ingredients: a creative mind, a skillful hand, knowledge of your trade, an unbreakable will to survive, and the right attitude to that makes one so likable, despite how he/she looks.
wow, didn't know this. nice one, l4pb.The list says one thing, reality says otherwise. The only reason to why the "Peninsulares" did not make the "top 10" is because they re-invest most of what they earn in order to dodge tax and to make their money earn for them. Another "tax dodge" trick is to hire yourself in your own corporation. This means that you can set your salary to a low enough amount to reduce personal tax, while you use a corporate expense account for misc spending (the same goes for cars and other high ticket items; you can buy them through your corporation and write them off as company assets).
in most cases, yes.re: marriage- If my dad wasn't part chinese, my grandparents would never have allowed him to marry my mom.
showing na ba?I'm excited to watch Django Unchained![]()
Sa March 13 pa!showing na ba?
Ingat!anyhoot, I'm off to Thailand tomorrow. bye-bee.



there was this backstage altercation between ethel booba and willie in willie's tv show way back in february. so willie being willie, he ranted onscreen.what's with the "You don't do that to me" meme? nawala ako sa passing e.
i have 20+ dota 2 invites and counting. jeez i've run out of people to give them to.I have several dota 2 invites pm me if you want
you don't do that to willie.you don't do that to willie.
the rant was actually a self-description monologue.there was this backstage altercation between ethel booba and willie in willie's tv show way back in february. so willie being willie, he ranted onscreen.
no, you don't.you don't do that to willie.

LOL. Like I said, you don't do that to Willie.the rant was actually a self-description monologue.
he's quite comfortable in his position then.
i think he is, but we're still pushing for him to get a better job, so that lahat kami EX na. LOLhe's quite comfortable in his position then.
