Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
can vote after death? I hope we wont have restless mafia that can kill after being lynched
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Niichan's not even doing a bad job of hosting. It's kind of stupid for guys creating the spam to not even know what the voting tally is. He's not going to come around once and end the phase without posting either. His only misstep might have been not including the new roles in the first post, but that's it.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
i dont want to ruin all this butt kissing toward niichan but let face it. This game have been playing following a logical path. townies and mafia. having some pro roles but each pro role is unique, even detective there can be 3 detectives but they're different and unique and it's all said in the description. Some roles that can be shared like mason are written and properly explained in the description and there is a reason why? so yeah people play this game on the logic that 2 ppl don't have the same pro role, that's why when 2 people claim the same role, one must be lying and that's also what make the game. it's been like that for 23 games, and that's also the reason why when they both claimed to be RS, everybody came to the conclusion: one of them is lying. result: the strongest townie the vigilante wasted his role on one, and the other being lynched. can't blame them, the game is like that 2 ppl don't share the same role. if niichan wanted to change it, after 22games the minimum was to write it on the description and to explain it properly at the first page. people play this game based on nothing, their only material being the pro roles list and the number of players, they dont even know what roles may be in or not. Thus the role description is the most important thing, without a proper description it just gonna confuse the shit outta everybody. not only niichan added many roles, changed the way the game is played ( 2 townie having the same pro roles) and didn't provide a proper description in the first page, and i still cant see it. so yeah that double townie lynch and the vigilante wasting his role is niichan fault if u ask me. Don't ask me to wait till the game is over to say what i have to say, for me the game is already over. Just a shitload of random confusing scrap (RS, jester, noble etc....). don't feel like the mafia game anymore. funny thing is the fact that niichan said " i cant do anything right now", so i guess he don't even intend to add his new collection of roles to the roles list.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He said that there are some new roles that were listed among the suggested roles prior to this game being made. He's not going to add the ones he used since he said he wasn't going to be any more specific than that.

There's also been more than one Sleeper in many games, so the "more than 1" rule doesn't apply to all roles but Doctor and Detective like you suggest.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Just a heads up for the host, I have to leave now and will be back on Sunday. Something very important came up for me. I will try to be online for the next phase but I might not have access to internet. In such a case, you have to hostkill me :s.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6 - Part 2

I don't mind but let's wait for that until the game ends. No point criticizing me now because I can't change anything nor can I comment on anything. For now try to take things how they are and try to win the game with your respective party.
Can I has a PM?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Now everyone is a nice guy -_-;
Ikr?
Only one person didn't say those things in a "nice" way, the others just said that they didn't appreciate some things in the game and now people are translating this as if we're calling him a bad host or crossing the line with the complaint LOL
Oh, gimme a break. We commented about the new roles and that's it, geez, justice league...

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

He said that there are some new roles that were listed among the suggested roles prior to this game being made. He's not going to add the ones he used since he said he wasn't going to be any more specific than that.

There's also been more than one Sleeper in many games, so the "more than 1" rule doesn't apply to all roles but Doctor and Detective like you suggest.
Sleepers lack active powers, and Evil adds updates to the game when he introduce something new (sometimes he doesn't do it right away, but when we have reason to believe that there's a new role in the game). I don't get why the descriptions what we already know that the game has can't be added...
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
:fail
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I really want to comment on some things mentioned but I won't. I appreciate all the people who support/protect me, I really do. As for the critique, point taken. I don't agree with everything but I'm not saying everything is wrong either.

I totally understand that people want to comment on something that makes them get angry so I don't judge that but it's taking too much focus from the actual game. So please, stop commenting on the issue for now and focus on the game. Future comments might get deleted if necessary because I don't want you to discuss what I did right or what I did wrong, not now. Everything will be answered and dicussed when the game ends For now please try to enjoy it.

On another note, I will end the nightphase now.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Oh and I will add the possible roles in the opening post. I'm well aware I should have done that sooner but if you need some clarification regarding the roles, you can look it up now.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Oh and I will add the possible roles in the opening post. I'm well aware I should have done that sooner but if you need some clarification regarding the roles, you can look it up now.
Where? I dun see anything yet.
 

Arctigor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
155
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
hope Yorick's right...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sleepers lack active powers, and Evil adds updates to the game when he introduce something new (sometimes he doesn't do it right away, but when we have reason to believe that there's a new role in the game). I don't get why the descriptions what we already know that the game has can't be added...
Restless Spirits don't have conventional active roles either. They can't do anything during the night or day, unless they're killed. Then they get a vote just like anyone else. They don't have killing power, they can't give new insight to the game other than what is offered in the thread. My guess is that they were added for the sake of balance.

No host is perfect. Evil changed the Mafia Detective role for the first time when I was Mafia the time before last. He didn't tell anyone beforehand either. We were thrown for a loop, but the change wasn't something I disagreed with either. I'm not really trying to compare hosts, all three are different people and I'm grateful for them giving up time out of their day to host. So don't get me wrong. I just don't believe turning the game on it's head or removing some of the conventionality everyone is supposedly used to is a bad thing. It offers something different, and it looks to be a trend since the Mentor role was introduced two games ago. New roles were talked about prior to the game, so it's no surprise that some were added. There aren't set rules, like you have to have a certain number of Regular Townies, or even have one at all...past games prove that. Some games have even lacked a Sane Detective or Sane Doctor.

That's all I'm going to say for now, so I'll shut up. But I just can't agree with the sentiment that the role distribution is set in stone or that it has to follow a certain blueprint. It's still Mafia, it just adds a new wrinkle to it and it doesn't bother me really. It might have been a bit too much all at once, I couldn't disagree with that.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why is anyone who's defending niichan is being accused of kissing his ass?

Besides, as a mod, why would I need to kiss his ass, especially it'd be pointless in the end anyway? The logic some of you use. :fail
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top