Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sooooo... if I understood correctly, today is the last episode of the Greed Island part, right?
Any news on the episode?
No, next week is the last episode.

Chimera Ant arc starts on April 21st.

A pic of today's episode:
Shocking!
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think I just had an 'explosion' in my pants.
What an amazing episode. Beautiful adaptation, animation was incredible.
Gon's sacrifice was not censored holy shit, looks so brutal. What an insane boy he is ;)
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was so exited I waited until the countdown was finished on Cruncyroll and it did not disappoint. The animation and direction were top notch even better than last weeks. I especially got chills when Genthru mentioned how insane Gon is. They gave the scene the necessary tension it deserved considering Gon was sacrificing both his arms. Excellent use of tracks. Madhouse is just too good.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Not as pumped up about this episode as the last, but come on. When you compare to last week anything animation wise would look dull in comparison. In reality this episode was quite amazing. While my favorite scenes before involved Gon, this time they had to do more with the emphasis put into Genthru's expressions. You can really understand how the guy changes from that insane killer, to the slightly desperate but still in control dominant fighter, to being scared out of his wits. Of not being physically hurt per say, but by Gon's unbreakable will. And finally ending in that half unresponsive guy who's just taking everything in. With the voice-acting and detail on Genthru's frames, MH really delivered.

Of course, the fight itself aside from that had my eyes peeled. Gon's final janken is always epic to watch and I'm still baffled how they can animate it five times and have you go "OH SH-" each time. Plus Megumi's voice acting and the way Gon truly looked in pain really hit me hard.

- I demand Gon take out his fishing rod so he and Killua can have an epic final string battle. That sounded cooler in my head.
- Technically Genthru, it's impossible to blow off all his limbs if you do that.
- I never realized when I was watching the old version AND reading the manga that Gon had to count to one minute perfectly so he could time when to throw the cards until now. I must be some kind of moron.
- Anyone else think Gon is some kind of musical genius? I mean, he can count perfectly to one minute while getting his throat and arms blown off.
- Cheese, Breath of Archangel would've been really helpful next arc.
- GI Tutorial: Looks like MH bringing about the end of sanity once wasn't enough. But even they have boundaries. If it were Gon it would be the end of the world.
(I'm assuming Megumi and Ise wrote that before reading the ant arc?)
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another brilliant!! episode. The violence level was practically just like the manga. Gon's final Janken Rock was epic as fuck! and I think they played an instrumental version of Nagareboshi at the end of the episode too. I'd type more but I'm dead tired... lol.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No, next week is the last episode.

Chimera Ant arc starts on April 21st.
Yup, I was madly wrong. Have my thanks for the tip. :D
And oooooooh, the awesomeness... the episode delivery the intensity of this fight. It does make you feel the madness inside Gensuru, and worse yet, inside Gon!

Someday, Über Gon is gonna be the main villain of this series, disputing with Kurapika for rule over the (under?)world. And having Killua going nuts and killings stuff all over the place for his amusement, Hisoka style. Just so the only real good guy of the team, Leorio, can beat some sense into these silly boys. :D
You saw it here first!:mono
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
-"Let me tell you about my ability so that you could formulate a plan to defeat me." Though Gon actually did had a plan to defeat Genthru ,it's a bit dumb to tell your ability to your enemy.I guess he couldn't resist like all shounen villain.XD
-I can really feel Gon's pain this episode.Megumi (Gon's seiyu) did an excellent job this week.
-I never really get the whole point of healing Genthru. While he did look defeated, by healing him,you're giving him an opportunity to attack you again.
-GI tutorial: Killua x Gold dust girl anyone?:teehee
-Pretty good episode this week.
-And we're getting closer to chimera ant arc !
 

Tombadgerlock

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
235
Reaction score
41
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
-"Let me tell you about my ability so that you could formulate a plan to defeat me." Though Gon actually did had a plan to defeat Genthru ,it's a bit dumb to tell your ability to your enemy.I guess he couldn't resist like all shounen villain.XD
Genthru's ability only work if he tells his victim how it works.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,682
Reaction score
61,392
Gender
Male
Country
France
Megumi's performance was awesome,animation was awesome,the music direction was awesome,especially when Gon kicked Genthru.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
That was intense...*Phew*

As always, awesome episode.

But the thing here... Gon deserves some claps. Dude's throat was crushed but he's still determined to shout the name of his attack! Well done, Gon.

Just two weeks...and then the big event. Chimera Ants arc...We coming.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Reading your comments is making pumped for this episode. I was just too damn tired last night to watch it over CR.

Impressions to follow~ Go Gon!
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So can't wait!!

Anyway, this chapter was cool. I just love when Bomber says "He's insane". It's absolutely perfect description of Gon.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, that was simply... amazing. It's one of those episodes that make me remember why Hunter X Hunter is one of the single greatest pieces of fiction of all time to me. My eyes got teary-eyed while watching this. Great, subtle characterization, amazing action, hilarious humor, and certainly not underestimating the intelligence of the audience, this is a great series, and one I will remember, cherish and love to the day I die.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Once again I'm reminded how awesome a Yu Yu Hakusho - Hunter x Hunter crossover would be.

I wants it bad.

A little off topic, but I wonder what the nen types of YYH's four main character's would be. If I had to guess, they'd be

Yusuke: Emission -Spirit gun FTW!
Kuwabara: Transmutation - His spirit swords are very similar to
Gon's Jajanken Scissors, which is transmutation
Kurama: Manipulator - He manipulates plants
Hiei: ? - not entirely sure what Hiei would be.
 
Last edited:

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Once again I'm reminded how awesome a Yu Yu Hakusho - Hunter x Hunter crossover would be.

I wants it bad.

A little off topic, but I wonder what the nen types of YYH's four main character's would be. If I had to guess, they'd be

Yusuke: Emission -Spirit gun FTW!
Kuwabara: Transmutation - His spirit swords are very similar to
Gon's Jajanken Scissors, which is transmutation
Kurama: Manipulator - He manipulates plants
Hiei: ? - not entirely sure what Hiei would be.
If we would go off of their personalities-

Yusuke = Emission
Kuwabara = Enhancer or Emission
Kurama = Conjurer or Transmuter
Hiei = Conjurer
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
If we would go off of their personalities-

Yusuke = Emission
Kuwabara = Enhancer or Emission
Kurama = Conjurer or Transmuter
Hiei = Conjurer
Nah, Hiei is totally a Transmuter. Think about Zeno's Dragon attacks, which are transmutation. It's pretty much the same as Hiei's Dragon of the Darkness Flame. (Edit: Totally didn't see where you said personality :x)

Also, I can't wait for next week :D
I think the end of GI is one of my favorite parts.
I watched Gon's encounter with Dwun so many times in the original OVA that I have the lines memorized and still laugh at it every time.
"W-D-W-U-N-E! It's Wdwune! WDwune!"
*Gon rolls on the ground in laughter*

List looks more bishi this time than the OVAs too :>
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So does anyone think we might see
Kite in the next episode? And I mean, with a speaking role, I'm not sure how many chapters we have left of Greed Island to be honest. I'm so excited to finally get Kite though, its like somethings been missing from the show up till now without him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top