Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
none. I was reading the raws that came out.
you had translated then? or just tried to understand the panels? man, you're patient.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Man...Escaflowne was my childhood. I have convinced myself to never watch it again though. I'm pretty sure it wont be as good as the fond image I have of it in my head.
same as well for macross.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate 80s and 90s art, provided they were really good: Slam Dunk and Ranma would be examples of nostalgic art.
Yaiba would be nostalgic art for me.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: Macross- I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I never really got into Macross...

re:Escaflowne- Saw it as a kid and loved it. Saw it again as a teen and still loved it. I want to wait a bit longer before I re-watch the whole thing again...still can't accept the fact that I'm an adult...maybe when I hit 30...
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
re: Macross- I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I never really got into Macross...
you're not gonna get any flack for it. Because I also never really got into macross as a kid. The first anime I religiously followed was already Rurouni Kenshin so... it was late to get into Macross.

I watched Macross in CD form during college.

i mean, in this day and age, it's totally acceptable to skip the wave because we can always watch it whenever we have the time- there's streaming, downloading, and digital copies we can get our hands on and watch at our own convenience.

I have a pile of to-watch and to-read on my lists, and they're just sitting there. :p
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
re: Macross- I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I never really got into Macross...
no worries. ;)

i do like to point out that Macross opening theme is very 'engaging' LOL

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

frack. how come PAL is CHEAPER than CebPac or AirPhil?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm way behind on my to-watch list... Sopranos 2+, Burn notice 5, Breaking Bad 2+, Flame of Recca (I didn't really watch it as a kid, so It's fairly "new" to me), Soul Eater, FMA Brotherhood, MS Gundam (rewatch), Zeta Gundam (rewatch), Char's Counterattack (rewatch), Vandread season 2 (never finished it)....hmhm...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
frack. how come PAL is CHEAPER than CebPac or AirPhil?
It happens sometimes.

I'm way behind on my to-watch list... Sopranos 2+, Burn notice 5, Breaking Bad 2+, Flame of Recca (I didn't really watch it as a kid, so It's fairly "new" to me), Soul Eater, FMA Brotherhood, MS Gundam (rewatch), Zeta Gundam (rewatch), Char's Counterattack (rewatch), Vandread season 2 (never finished it)....hmhm...
Maybe I wouldn't go for Flame of Recca. I didn't really remember anything special about it. It was mediocre shounen for me.

FMA Brotherhood on the other hand...

makes me want to order the manga :shakefist and I'd have no more money left so it's not a priority... the seinen ones are priority lol.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Finish the sopranos. It's fucking glorious. Especially if you are on season 2 now.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Babs- I remember a girl with big bouncy tits...that's enough for me to give it a 2 episode chance.

@Imp- Yeah, I'll eventually get back into it. I'm having a hard time with my "viewing order" since I normally go with whatever I feel like watching at the given time. Hahaha!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Nagkagulu-gulo yung OJT ko.
Sa Designs Section sa Philatelic Artist na ko mag-oojt sa Post Office sa Manila.
Sabi sa'kin marami raw multo dun sa building namin, ramdam ko nga kanina. :iik

I'd been to the SM Megamall ones, and a bit bored except for when Alodia showed up :drool
I always wanted to see her. Kaso di naman ako interested sa mga Otaku Fest/Cons sa Pilipinas dahil parang napakaartificial lang o napakalow quality. Siguro pupunta ako sa isa para lang makita siya. Kailangan ko siyang makita as soon as possible kasi tumatanda na rin siya :p

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Voltes V, at Yu Yu Hakusho ang childhood animes ko kaso di ko alam kung pang-ilang airing na yun.
1999, 5 years old ako nung napapanood ko dati.

Dinodrawing pa nung tito ko yung bagong character na lumalabas kada episode sa isang kahon, water color at lapis gamit niya. Unfortunately, patay na yung tito kong yun dahil sa cancer 2nd year high school ako nung namatay siya. Madalas kong iniisip yung uncle kong yun ay si Uncle Nobuhiro sa Bakuman uncle ni Mashiro, o kaya si Uncle Ben sa Spider-Man. :XD

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

PS: Sorry Imp if you can't understand my non-english posts :p
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ooooh paranormal experience! I've never had one! do tell! :nuts
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm way behind on my to-watch list... Sopranos 2+, Burn notice 5, Breaking Bad 2+, Flame of Recca (I didn't really watch it as a kid, so It's fairly "new" to me), Soul Eater, FMA Brotherhood, MS Gundam (rewatch), Zeta Gundam (rewatch), Char's Counterattack (rewatch), Vandread season 2 (never finished it)....hmhm...
Burn Notice!!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I always wanted to see her. Kaso di naman ako interested sa mga Otaku Fest/Cons sa Pilipinas dahil parang napakaartificial lang o napakalow quality. Siguro pupunta ako sa isa para lang makita siya. Kailangan ko siyang makita as soon as possible kasi tumatanda na rin siya :p
She was here with sis Ashley couple of weeks ago for the MEFCC. btw, i find her gwiyomi 'cute' :)
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Ooooh paranormal experience! I've never had one! do tell! :nuts
Ang sabi sakin japanese daw yung mga multo dun. Baka mga sundalo nung World War II.

May naexperience na ko sa bahay namin, white na something na nalutang na dumaan sa harap ko. Di ako nakapagsalita nakatulala lang ako habang dumadaan sa harap ko Kaya hindi ako naniniwala sa mga movies kapag nakakita ng multo sumisigaw eh ako nga speechless :iik
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MD- Oh god yes! My love of B-movies and Bruce Campbell warranted the "two episode chance", and boy am I glad that I considered watching it! I love how Matt Nix makes the show feel like a "high budget B-movie", without going overboard with the "cheese factor". Burn Notice is the perfect example of a show that manages to please without an enormous budget, being overly pretentious, or having major "stars"/pretty people to pull in the viewers (let's face it, Gabrielle Anwar is probably the most attractive main-stay, and she isn't all that hot by hollyweird standards).
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
@l4pb ..all that you said, and that Burn Notice is a learning experience for me. i read somewhere that Matt Nix really had his team of writers do 'actual' research of all the 'friendly advice' that Westen imparts to the audience.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

and yes! Ilza Rosario is SMOKIN' in Fall of Sam Axe!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
@paranormal activity

they're everywhere. you don't need someone with a third eye to know that.

anyway, now back in manila, had a dinner date with my "best friend", she talked about her plans for the future, interrupted her with an impulsive "2 weeks ago i dreamed you were hanging around starbucks like it's your office, drinking coffee and managing your business thru your tablet." and she was all "OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A TABLET I KEPT IT SECRET FROM YOU" then "HOW DO YOU KNOW I HANG IN STARBUCKS" and finally "HOW DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A BUSINESS"

>.>
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Anyone watch onepiece film z? I just realised there is an english sub out.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@MD- Well, the advice he gives normally makes sense. Hahaha!

re:OP- oh god...theres another title to add to my "to watch" list... Still haven't gotten past the bit where they ride the wave up to the sky.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
so how did the coffee with the "best friend" end up?

I'm in a whirlpool myself, because I'm dealing with two resignations this week... So heavier workload, plus they both were my very good friends in the workplace so with them gone i kinda feel lonely. And more mental shit coming with decision making and all that jazz about existentialism and philosophical questions that come as a package deal with loneliness and ambition :gwah
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
so how did the coffee with the "best friend" end up?

I'm in a whirlpool myself, because I'm dealing with two resignations this week... So heavier workload, plus they both were my very good friends in the workplace so with them gone i kinda feel lonely. And more mental shit coming with decision making and all that jazz about existentialism and philosophical questions that come as a package deal with loneliness and ambition :gwah
it wasn't coffee. it was a pizza dinner date. of course, sometime after the "omg how did you know" outbursts she bragged her first check received as payment. it was more of personal stuff, what happened while we were out of sight, ideologies, etc.

then when i was about to go home her parents came by. the 'meet the parents' scenario lasted 30 seconds, and consisted of 'hi', 'hello' and 'goodbye's.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top