Who will be next Admiral?

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Google[Criterionforum] was so nice to provide a list of famous japanese actresses from the 70/80s, if it's really a female admiral, than she might be one of those or Meiko Kaji from Lady Snowblood. :D

  • Sayuri Yoshinaga: She has pretty much been the first lady of the Japanese cinema in the last 3 decades.
  • Keiko Matsuzaka: Kinji Fukasaku's leading lady in the 80s. 3 wins and 9 nominations from the Japanese Academy made her unquestionably the actress of the 80s. My personal favorite Japanese actress behind Hara and Tanaka.
  • Chieko Baisho: She is well respected in the Japanese film industry. Yuji Yamada made her a star. Nobody played the plain housewife role better than her in the 70s.
  • Mitsuko Baisho: Imamura regular. Her best role was in "Koibumi" (1985).
  • Komaki Kurihara: Made immortal in Kumai's masterpiece "Shinobugawa" and "Sandakan No. 8". Was a delight in Satsuo Yamamoto's "men and war". Masanobu Deme's "Shinobu-ito" (1973) made her a household name in China.
  • Shinobu Ootake: Made a name for herself in Yamada's "yellow hankerchief". A wonderful character actress in the late 70s and early 80s.
  • Shima Iwashita: She was great in the 60s since starring in Ozu's last feature "Sanma no aji". Her career peaked with the release of "double suicide" (1969) and Masahiro Shinoda's marvelous "Hanre Goze Orin" (1977).
  • Momoe Yamaguchi: More of a legendary icon than an actress. She was the "it" girl in Japan from the mid 70s to early 80s.
  • Yuko Tanaka: Made immortal by the hugely popular TV series "Oshin".
  • Hiroko Yakushimaru: "Yasei no shômei" (1978) made her a household name when she was only 14. Became a serious actress with "W no higeki" (1984).
  • Yoshiko Mita: A wonderful character actress. her career peaked in the 80s when she was over 40.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Black is not really a color though, so the color coding even with the new admiral would be for nought, but with the japanese I might not be so sure now...

Also Kurohebi would be lame, Fairy Tail already got one of those.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think oda would be troubled by black not really being a color... science aside, we perceive it as a color so to speak... Even if the point is made that black is how we perceive a lack of color it is not quite something we have at the moment a reason to believe oda really cares about. We are just guessing colors though, there is no way for us to know what colors other admirals will have. Since aokiji left there is no reason for the any of the others to not be blue... Going by the nue thing perhaps it can be altered to fit 3 admirals.

AKainu as fleet admiral would be the body. The body is technically a tanuki but the tanuki is also called racoon dog (in english at least). In that case we have the body which is akainu and the limbs which are the 3 admirals. So we would only be missing a final admiral who should be based on a snake if the nue thing is true. Interestingly if this whole thing with the nue is true kizaru would be the head of the nue, the head of the other admirals. Perhaps with the new admirals the standing of one another in respect to the others will be completely clear (kizaru having the greater standing) opposing to the previous generation where the 3 of them seemed to have similar standing.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
You do make sense. I guess we'll find out when we see him in a fight and he reveals what his fruit is. Either that or we wait until someone asks Oda.
Patience my friend.
Since Issho is an Admiral, I'm certain we'll get a full explanation on his powers whenever he fights just like we got with Kuzan, Borsalino and Sakazuki respectively.
If we tier the Admirals, Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu all fitted along one tier in terms of power I feel.
With Akainu at Fleet Admiral and Aokiji gone... rogue? With just Kizaru now.

I'm not expecting there to be any people who work for the Marines to be on that level honestly. But I am expecting them to be above the VA's.

Also, I was wondering, is there some sort of height requirement? Or... A substance Admirals use for their height?
Akainu, Kizaru and Aokiji were ridiculously tall and equal in height. Just something that bothered me.
Fujitora seems rather tall too.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Also, I was wondering, is there some sort of height requirement? Or... A substance Admirals use for their height?
Akainu, Kizaru and Aokiji were ridiculously tall and equal in height. Just something that bothered me.
Fujitora seems rather tall too.
I doubt height is an actual requirement, lol. But Oda probably made them all look tall on purpose, but I don't think it's an actual requirement by the government. Garp was invited to promotion, too, but he's not as tall as those three geezers.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt height is an actual requirement, lol. But Oda probably made them all look tall on purpose, but I don't think it's an actual requirement by the government. Garp was invited to promotion, too, but he's not as tall as those three geezers.
Uh, I think they were younger than Garp.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Uh, I think they were younger than Garp.
They are younger, sure, but doesn't mean they are old. They sure look quite old to me, at least, so I call them geezers.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
AKainu as fleet admiral would be the body. The body is technically a tanuki but the tanuki is also called racoon dog (in english at least). In that case we have the body which is akainu and the limbs which are the 3 admirals. So we would only be missing a final admiral who should be based on a snake if the nue thing is true. Interestingly if this whole thing with the nue is true kizaru would be the head of the nue, the head of the other admirals. Perhaps with the new admirals the standing of one another in respect to the others will be completely clear (kizaru having the greater standing) opposing to the previous generation where the 3 of them seemed to have similar standing.
When I was posting my theory I thought of Akainu being the body of the Nue, but then I realized that technically he isn't Akainu anymore. He is Fleet Admiral Sakazuki. I was actually thinking that the new Admirals would be weaker than the previous 3. I'm sure the new Admirals are strong, but as strong as the previous 3? It seems that it was well known that they were on another level entirely. I think promoting 3 new Admirals would fill the void in strength left by Sakazuki's promotion and Kuzan's departure and would give the Strawhats an easier battle should they have fight an Admiral again, since the new 3 (or 2 if you are correct about the body of the Nue) wouldn't be as strong as their senpai Kizaru or Fleet Admiral Sakazuki and Kuzan.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think the next admiral will have either green or orange - secondary color like purple.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That can work... then we have midori- and orenji/daidaro-(according to yahoo answers at least). However by that logic we already have a few possibilities for names(assuming there is a merit to the nue idea).

midorihebi
orenjihebi
daidarohebi



Not sure how the tanuki thing would work if akainu is not in the mix... any combination would be too long too sound cool IMO (perhaps in jap it would sound different though)

MIdori tanuki?
Orenjitanuki?
Daidarotanuki?

I guess the new admiral could potentially take just the inu bit for his own but it would be weird. Then we would have:

Midoriinu
orenjiinu
Daidaruinu

tanuki also feels like it would be a rather undignified animal. Isn't it a bit of a comedy relief creature? Even chopper gets called a tanuki for the lulz. Or is there an alternate name for a tanuki? Wikipedia would tell us the name mujina is also used for tanuke although that is an old timy name apparently.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since Aokiji is retired, they might keep the Ao-.

Aohebi sounds kinda nice. But I think Midori- will be used at some time.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Is there a monkey in any other Japanese folklore involving animals? The only thing that comes to mind is Journey to the West, but that's not Japanese Literature, but Fujitora is a tiger, I think. So I guess there'll have to be tales including monkey and tiger.

Monkey, Dog, Rooster, and Tiger are all part of Chinese Zodiacs, too. So it could be possible that's the theme they'll be playing instead. There's probably too many characters, though.
 
Last edited:

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there a monkey in any other Japanese folklore involving animals? The only thing that comes to mind is Journey to the West, but that's not Japanese Literature, but Fujitora is a tiger, I think. So I guess there'll have to be tales including monkey and tiger.
The Nue.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think the next admiral will have either green or orange - secondary color like purple.
I agree with green or orange.
Or in fact a lighter shade of blue is possible. I guess Brown and Grey are legit too.
But Vice-Admiral Momonga wears the purple suit so I sorta doubt Oda will give the same suit to another character.
Iirc Vice-Admiral Dalmatian wears a brown suit so perhaps Brown is unlikely too.

I think its a totally different ball-game with suit colors now because Oda only wanted the first Admirals to see to be Logia's and really have their characteristics and appearance in tandem with their Logia DF.
Now that the Admiral line-up is different there is no requirement that Oda has to make the Admirals Logia users so they aren't inclined to have a particular color anymore.
Its not like Paramecia Fruits have particular colors.

(I really can't see a Zoan user as an Admiral right now though...)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That can work... then we have midori- and orenji/daidaro-(according to yahoo answers at least). However by that logic we already have a few possibilities for names(assuming there is a merit to the nue idea).

midorihebi
orenjihebi
daidarohebi



Not sure how the tanuki thing would work if akainu is not in the mix... any combination would be too long too sound cool IMO (perhaps in jap it would sound different though)

MIdori tanuki?
Orenjitanuki?
Daidarotanuki?

I guess the new admiral could potentially take just the inu bit for his own but it would be weird. Then we would have:

Midoriinu
orenjiinu
Daidaruinu

tanuki also feels like it would be a rather undignified animal. Isn't it a bit of a comedy relief creature? Even chopper gets called a tanuki for the lulz. Or is there an alternate name for a tanuki? Wikipedia would tell us the name mujina is also used for tanuke although that is an old timy name apparently.
Weeaboo. :cookiestare

I think we could see green dragon or orange cheetah or something, though.
Since Aokiji is retired, they might keep the Ao-.

Aohebi sounds kinda nice. But I think Midori- will be used at some time.
Not sure if that's likely as Fujitora probably became an admiral after Aokiji left, but he didn't become Aotora. It's likely related to the color of their devil fruit power? Kizaru had yellow, Akainu's magma was red, and I'm guessing Aokiji's ice or power in general was blue.
I agree with green or orange.
Or in fact a lighter shade of blue is possible. I guess Brown and Grey are legit too.
But Vice-Admiral Momonga wears the purple suit so I sorta doubt Oda will give the same suit to another character.
Iirc Vice-Admiral Dalmatian wears a brown suit so perhaps Brown is unlikely too.

I think its a totally different ball-game with suit colors now because Oda only wanted the first Admirals to see to be Logia's and really have their characteristics and appearance in tandem with their Logia DF.
Now that the Admiral line-up is different there is no requirement that Oda has to make the Admirals Logia users so they aren't inclined to have a particular color anymore.
Its not like Paramecia Fruits have particular colors.

(I really can't see a Zoan user as an Admiral right now though...)
Probably did to Fujitora? He is the purple tiger, no?

Though logia tends to show color with their power.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Probably did to Fujitora? He is the purple tiger, no?

Though logia tends to show color with their power.
Well this sums up the discussion now lol.
Fujitora went and got revealed as the Admiral.
It'd be interesting to see if there are characters who mention how much they've heard of him.

Hoping the system of 3 Admirals is scrapped so we can get 4 instead.
The Grand Line is far too crazy right now for just 4 Admirals (including Fleet) to cope with.

Fujitora can't really show power with his... Power that involves some kind of gravitational force?
 

amidaru312

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Predictions for the new/current admirals?

Sooo, we found out purple tigers... and green bull.
So I wonder, what are the strength of the new admirals? Like meteors are just insane and possibly stronger than Edwards Gura Gura fruits.
As well as lets hypothesize on what green bull strength is?
Since Akainu and Aokiji have moved on with their life, what is kizaru doing? Still an admiral?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Predictions for the new/current admirals?

I would say Akainu hasn't moved on, he's moved up and is still on the very same path. There was no reason for Kizaru to leave the marines, so no worries here, especially since Fujitora seems to be just as fearsome as the old trio and therefore should be able keep up with the the senior admiral.

Fujitora is unlike Kuzan and Sakazuki, his color is inbetween red and blue, so maybe Green Bull will be a mix of Kizaru's lightheartedness and Kuzan's cool demeanor.

edit: Since Issho seems to have a paramecia ability, I would assume that Ryokugyu has a zoan power to bring an equilibrium into the admiral trio, maybe he truly is a bull, I wonder if he will deviate in his size from the others.
 
Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Predictions for the new/current admirals?

Fujitora seems kinda humble and modest unlike the others, but he is still wet behind the ears as an Admiral it seems. I expect the same for Green Bull. However, I can see that Admiral being a confrontational and aggressive character.

Ability wise, I think Fujitora has a gravity paramecia. All signs point to it, but I wouldn't mind being surprised if it were another type. I'm really hoping Green Bull has a Wood Logia or some sort of plant based logia. That'd just be awesome.
 
Top