Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Has anyone seen Star Trek yet? My brother watched it and said it "sucked", usually I don't listen to him but it's made me reluctant :/
It's not as good as the first. Imagine the batman trilogy without Dark Knight. They havent built on from the first one. Having said that though, it doesnt suck. It's just another action film though.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Also, what the hell are you even talking about?...
I'm got no problem with female super heroes, but why did they
turn Pepper into a mutant and than that co-op mk42 glove punch at the end.
Maybe I'm just disappointed in the depiction of the characters, and this misguided anger. :P Wrong term anyway, so let's foget that. The movie is still not good Imo.

The New Yorker said:
The trouble is that, as the plot quickens, any cleverness withdraws, to make way for the firecrackers of the climax. That is not Black’s forte, and his movie duly slumps into a mess. With Gwyneth Paltrow as Stark’s other half, and, as his bodyguard, Jon Favreau—who directed the first two “Iron Man” films.

 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Ah Rio such good times we had.


Finally Riddick is here!

 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Production stills from the new X-Men movie.

So apparently there's going to be an Angry Birds movie? Sony have the rights to it and it's due for a 2016 release. Oh read this quick discussion with Damon Lindelof( Star Trek) about the "Justice League problem"; as I think it perfectly explains why there's not been one so far and DC's reluctance to do so.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Kind of weird that Beast is back to human in that shot :notsure
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Great news Brad Bird is considering Incredibles 2!.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Production stills from the new X-Men movie.

So apparently there's going to be an Angry Birds movie? Sony have the rights to it and it's due for a 2016 release. Oh read this quick discussion with Damon Lindelof( Star Trek) about the "Justice League problem"; as I think it perfectly explains why there's not been one so far and DC's reluctance to do so.

images were great, but now I want to see "Sentinels". You cannot do this sequel without them, it's impossible.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,190
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Ah Rio such good times we had.


Finally Riddick is here!

looks like a remake from pitch black .....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
images were great, but now I want to see "Sentinels". You cannot do this sequel without them, it's impossible.
Well they said there will be sentinels how many I don't know probably only gonna be in one or two scenes.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
that sentinels promise has existed ever since the first movie aired. Until now there had been no sentinels whatsoever. so don't count on it.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well with the arc they decided to cover not having sentinels wouldn't make sense.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Best trailer for Man of Steel so far.

---------- Post added May 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was May 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Fast and Furious 6 was an enjoyable ride loved the ending.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I finally saw Gatsby.

For the most part it was pretty true to the book. There was the entire therapist bit with Nick Carraway... That was not in the book and it was also really, really corny and borderline stupid. The movie definitely could have done without it, but I understand that they were trying to use it as Nick's story-telling mechanic.

Another thing, I don't like Toby Maguire. Then again, I didn't like Nick Carraway very much in the book either, so it was actually good casting in that aspect for me. XD;

It was pretty artistic and well done. The music was really fitting somehow, even though it takes place in the 20s and there was a lot of techno/synthetic types of sounds. I bought the soundtrack.

And when I first heard that Leonardo Dicaprio was playing Gatsby, I kind of cringed because he's not at all how I picture Jay, but Leonardo proved me wrong.
He wasn't a good Gatsby... He was a Great Gatsby. *bad dum tssss* :derp

I can see why the Critics didn't really love it, but I was willing to overlook some of the "meh" moments to enjoy the good parts enough. I'd give it a 75% I think.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kind of weird that Beast is back to human in that shot :notsure
If you put a "new" face like Nicholas Hoult in it, there got to be some normal shots too. It's not like it wouldn't work with some of the arcs where he got human again or mutated even further.

How fitting that I finally saw Warm Bodies, a nice take on the whole zombie thing going on the last couple of years. It was different from the impression I got from trailer, but enjoyable anyway.

Also seen A Good Day to Die Hard, p.o.s., they had no new ideas, too much explosions for to little plot and worse antagonists.

The highlight was Down to the Bone with Vera Farmiga from the new series Bates Motel. A nice quote from a critic:
If there were an ounce of taste left in Hollywood, the magnificent Vera Farmiga would be a front-runner for the Best Actress Oscar.
A really good portrayal of a struggling drug addict, trying to cope with her problems and family. Felt so real, watch it and give it some more exposure!

Riddick trailer is different from what I though some years back, but it's nice to see Vin back in that role. Far more likable than Dominic Toretto. :P

X-Men:DoFP: Great to see Ellen return as Kitty Pryde again, well it's nice to see so many people returning. Halle Berry, you've aged a good bit.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
thanks for the review Naomidee. Maybe I'll watch that film. For the sake of Leonardo. :p
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
thanks for the review Naomidee. Maybe I'll watch that film. For the sake of Leonardo. :p
If you read the book, I highly recommend the film.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
how is it that everybody's praising it so much?

okay so I wasn't so much of the FnF fan. I watched the first two movies and that's it. I mean, I didn't hate it, but, I was wondering if I could still watch FF6 and enjoy it given my viewing history?
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that sentinels promise has existed ever since the first movie aired. Until now there had been no sentinels whatsoever. so don't count on it.
Have you read "Days of Future Past"....?. The Sentinels are the main villains in that story arc.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
nope. Unfortunately I don't read xmen or DC or whatever they are. :p I never grew to appreciate them, seemed expensive when I was a kid...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top