Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Alexander Hamilton? What's the significance of him being on wine?...:oh
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Are you a biology major, Nast? My mom was one too. That's just more proof about how weird they are.
How dare you insult your mother and me! You've went down the wrong path Naomie, you should have followed your mother's footstep. See that's what chemistry does to you!:teehee


Well, you're kinda weird...

:^_^
Proof or it didnt happen?
You say that about everyone anyways :XD

But for real is there a rivalry between biology and chemistry majors at your university?
I mean I don't think we have that at mine, basically all science majors are in the same classes during 1st and 2 years then we all go our separate ways but we're all good friends. Actually many of my friends are in chemistry majors or bio pharmaceutical majors (which is more chemistry than biology) and there's no kind of rivalry. If i don't like my program, I'll probably switch and they'll do the same. The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.

Or was it that you did bad in a biology class and it's still haunting you which years later resulted in a hate against biology majors?
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
How dare you insult your mother and me! You've went down the wrong path Naomie, you should have followed your mother's footstep. See that's what chemistry does to you!:teehee



Proof or it didnt happen?
You say that about everyone anyways :XD

But for real is there a rivalry between biology and chemistry majors at your university?
I mean I don't think we have that at mine, basically all science majors are in the same classes during 1st and 2 years then we all go our separate ways but we're all good friends. Actually many of my friends are in chemistry majors or bio pharmaceutical majors (which is more chemistry than biology) and there's no kind of rivalry. If i don't like my program, I'll probably switch and they'll do the same. The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.

Or was it that you did bad in a biology class and it's still haunting you which years later resulted in a hate against biology majors?
Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
There you go, i knew a physics major guy would show up! And you're worst than them, you're a mathematics major as well! Naomi managed to start a war! Who's next art, psychology, law, music major ? :3c
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
There you go, i knew a physics major guy would show up! And you're worst than them, you're a mathematics major as well! Naomi managed to start a war! Who's next art, psychology, law, music major ? :3c
How teenagerly stereotypical of you. :p
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Alexander Hamilton? What's the significance of him being on wine?...:oh
I loved learning about Hamilton in high school. I thought he was very interesting. When we had a debate about the revolution in class, I played Hamilton. :p
I also love wine.
The two being together is pretty awesome and it made me happy. The price wasn't the best. Definitely worth it though. :arf

How dare you insult your mother and me! You've went down the wrong path Naomie, you should have followed your mother's footstep. See that's what chemistry does to you!:teehee
She should have been a chemistry major and she knows it. She minored in MATH. I mean, what the hell? Those two fields (math and biology) don't compliment each other hardly at all. Now math and chemistry are definitely a good couple.

But for real is there a rivalry between biology and chemistry majors at your university?
Rivalry? That would suggest you're in the same league. :derp
But no, there really isn't a rivalry here either. Chemistry and biology majors have very few classes together here. Biochemistry majors have much more in common, but there still isn't what I would call a 'rivalry'. I didn't even know any biology majors (maybe one or two) before this class. I've had more courses in common with engineers and physicists.

Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
I didn't know you were a physics major?? Besides, physics basically goes hand-in-hand with chemistry. Same with math. The lines between the two are kind of vague sometimes.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
But even the latter don't amount to much if they are not applicable in technology/engineering:3c
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
She should have been a chemistry major and she knows it. She minored in MATH. I mean, what the hell? Those two fields (math and biology) don't compliment each other hardly at all. Now math and chemistry are definitely a good couple.
There's no need for two things to compliment each other to like them both. Hell, i wanted to minor in japanese but i couldn't because of the deadlines. Now there's nothing in common between those two (Japanese and biology) Both don't compliment each other but i still like them both. Sometimes people enjoy two completely different things.

People minor in things they enjoy but that they couldn't choose as a program or just wouldn't for different reasons. There's also some people that take minors to compliment their majors.

And in biology, we actually need maths. I thought we wouldn't but in my microbiology/imunology, molecular/cellular, ecology, environmental classes, it was all about maths and biology but people tend to think that those two subjects are unrelated. Biologist need to use maths as well, believe it or not. In ecology as well and in many other biology related fields.

So in a way your mom was smart because minoring in maths probably helped her in many of her biology classes and in her career probably.

Rivalry? That would suggest you're in the same league. :derp
But no, there really isn't a rivalry here either. Chemistry and biology majors have very few classes together here. Biochemistry majors have much more in common, but there still isn't what I would call a 'rivalry'. I didn't even know any biology majors (maybe one or two) before this class. I've had more courses in common with engineers and physicists.
Ah now that i think about it, you're right there can't be any rivalry and we're not in the same league as well. We're in a way higher league there's no point in comparing both.:teehee

Also you just said that you met the most biology majors in your class and that they're all weird, man I've met many weird people on this planet but i can't generalize it to an entire subject. Shit happens, I've met weird people in every programs. Hell, everyone that isn't in a science program thinks of science students as weird people or are just too impressed by the fact that we're in a science branch when it's not really a big deal haha

But even the latter don't amount to much if they are not applicable in technology/engineering:3c
There we go, Naomi definitively started a war. I called it. Dem chemistry majors always looking for fights..

But for real, I definitely don't hate any majors (even chemistry majors :3c), if you like your branch then go for it. Every science branches has proved to be useful for the progress of science, they've all helped each other in bringing science to where it is today.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that the conversation is very off topic and I stopped caring. :arf
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Biology students are wacky here. They are competitive but incredibly social. Somehow they are able to consume entire pizzas while talking up a storm. I wonder how I'll be able to deal with them during my class in the Pacific...

The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.
Hey, I resent that remark!

Though I just got bitched at indirectly by a physics grad student who is angry that I'm working with a group of students to clean out one of the old offices. I guess that's why physics students are considered weird, or at least antisocial pricks.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So my mom just had foot surgery and she's totally out of it. After about 20 minutes of trying to get her from her car into her bed, she says "my foot hurts".
I was going to give her the pain meds, but you're really supposed to have food with it, so I gave her some crackers. After eating half of one, she says, "why would you give me roast beef...?"

"Mom. That's a cracker."

"Ughhhhh."

:cookiestare
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So my mom just had foot surgery and she's totally out of it. After about 20 minutes of trying to get her from her car into her bed, she says "my foot hurts".
I was going to give her the pain meds, but you're really supposed to have food with it, so I gave her some crackers. After eating half of one, she says, "why would you give me roast beef...?"

"Mom. That's a cracker."

"Ughhhhh."

:cookiestare
not nice to cookiestare your mom when she's suffering, thats not fun :nah
hope she get better
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
SAYS THE GUY WHO COOKIE FACES ME EVERY OTHER DAY. :arf

She thought a cracker was roast beef. Whatever those drugs were, they were magical I'm sure. I told her about it a few minutes ago and she laughed pretty hard.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
What did you put in that cracker :notrust ?

...and can I have some of it? :pout
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Well that was a really fun and drunk night.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Damn
I was with the girl that I'm going out with at this barbecue party to watch the confederation cup final game
then just before the game she freaked out, she was already drunk and said that this was the last time we would see each other cuz I'm too young, we have no future and she's falling for me... (she's 28, I'm 22)
Then she got all crazy about a bunch of stuff, saying that I have numerous GFs, I'm fucking her friend, I was going out with other girls after saying good night for her, I just want to fuck her, I never send her messages on the morning cuz I'm with other girls, I'm just like all other guys, she want babies in 2 years... she went a full circle of BS that she was making out in the moment.
Then she blocked me on whatsapp so we would never speak again after that night... btw, we were making out between the BS.
And nothing of this is true, just the part about we don't having a future
And to be clear, we have never talked about the relationship before, we just went out a couple times and talked on a daily basis... but I was liker her so I stopped to see other girls anyway

I went home thinking that I really would never see her again... then she called me and we talked for 70 min on the cel, it was 2 am

and today she's acting like none of this happened, is all lovey dovey and asked me to go to the movies this week
She's crazy, but I like to go out with her... so I'm really lost atm
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
well at least now u know that u're going out with one hell of a emo/crazy girl. stay with her but dont get too attached. Nothing good come from being attached to emo girls :nah
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
she's not emo... she's just crazy when she drinks
and she drinks a lot! hahahah
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
The problem seems to be that you are only looking fora flirt and she's really into you and that makes her angry it seems.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top