Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
The animation is extremely weird... and I'm surely some could say it's arguably worse than the TV series. I'm not sure what's up with the character animation, but they seem off model -- or at least off tv model -- quite often throughout what I've watched so far.

Pardon the jpg compression and subs:



It's not -that- ugly, but different. Leorio's huge chin can be distracting at times ;P
 

Darkk

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The movie has been launched in another sub or you customized this image?
 
Last edited:

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
The movie has been launched in another sub or you customized this image?
My own subs which haven't been released yet. Might be a few days, but hopefully no longer.

Edit:
Found some more quality animation...

So disappointing :(
 
Last edited:

bewareofhisoka

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
10
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yea. The animation did look a bit different from the tv series. Not bad though but could of been better. Did the movie have a lot of Korean animators?
 

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
126
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
I watched that movie long ago it was really bad the only good thing was the preview of the next movie
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France
My own subs which haven't been released yet. Might be a few days, but hopefully no longer.

Edit:
Found some more quality animation...

So disappointing :(
I think it's the first time we have that kind of animation in the new series, I usually don't mind that in long-running series but it felt so out of place here especially in a movie and there is Gon's face who was really weird sometimes . I didn't expect it to be better than the official YS arc so the plot was not really important to me.

I miss Togashi even more because of this movie, I am starting to think this movie was made just to tease manga readers. There was
Nobunaga action( and he was such a badass!); Hisoka's fights at the end(the best part of this movie for me) and the 4 main fighting together; Phinks shouting Ripper Cyclotron; Kurapika discussing with the Troupe:gar; They shown Biscuit and Kite at the end and did Ging use his ability?

To see the 4 main interacting was good and I felt nostalgic I also found Killua's struggles boring for obvious reasons but it was a manuscript and according to the interview he planned to show us Kurapika's childhood sooner in the manga but he got tired, he preferred to put Kurapika on a bus and develop Killua more I guess. Some things were completely ridiculous( Gon & Kil are able to resist to Uvo's punches and Franklin's bullets). With Retzu's presence I finally understood people who were complaining about the lack of permanent female characters, we need one...
Kurta's forest was fabulous too and I have the impression the grandpa was voiced by the narrator again. It was also good to see Killua's assassinating someone before his encounter with Gon.

I think I would have been indifferent to this movie if I was not a manga reader, what really excited me was thinking about the future events of the manga.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Great movie, is it just me or does Ging use a nen ability that looks like 'Accompany On' or 'Magnetic Force' at the end?
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Great movie, is it just me or does Ging use a nen ability that looks like 'Accompany On' or 'Magnetic Force' at the end?
Stop teasing me T_T
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
any english subs ?? i don't want to watch it raw.
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
I loved Leorio <3 And Hisoka was creepier than usual xD But Killua angst were SO annoying. They could have left that to chimera ant arc.
 

chidorisai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hi

Do we know if anybody is working on he sub ?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France

Yuyunarutoballz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
136
Reaction score
118
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I seriously cannot wait for this movie anymore. I've been frantically searching the internet every hour for a subbed version of this movie. It's been 5 days since its release!! Berserk Movie 3 got subbed in like 2 days!!!
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
same here :(
 
Last edited:

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
You know guys, strangely enough, I'm more hyped for OST 3 than the movie :allthe
 

GalekC

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Messages
164
Reaction score
49
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know guys, strangely enough, I'm more hyped for OST 3 than the movie :allthe
Same. I hear that, by shonen standards, the movie's a tad cliché.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Same. I hear that, by shonen standards, the movie's a tad cliché.
It's all about friendship, setting goals, and looking toward the future! And Gon x Killua.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xScar said:
It's all about friendship, setting goals, and looking toward the future! And Gon x Killua.
Count me in. :derp

Nah, I hear all of you. I'm actually more excited about the 2nd movie more than anything (Netero and Heaven's Arena? Hells yes). But I'm still waiting patiently for this one, as cliche as it seems. :)
 

ssjup81

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
24
Age
45
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What's the second movie about?
 
Top