Theory Mikasa is a titan shifter

zurajanai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
so here is the thing, after watching the episodes of SNK again and then going back to read it, one thing came into mind. I think that Mikasa is a titan shifter and that her mission is to protect Eren or stop him from dying. Remember how berserk she went when she found out that Eren died? Well what if she was upset because at that point she would've failed her mission. Think about it for one minute, she has headaches like Eren, she is always with Eren or will go wherever he goes (to protect him). One thing that strikes me is also in chapter 1 when Eren wakes up and Mikasa is there, he says that he felt like he was having a really long dream and she was alarmed http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/20

There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
That sounds to me like when Eren first died and then became a titan, Ymir said that she died once and she is a titan.
hmmm, this is just a theory but potentially, given her immense skills in all areas, Mikasa could be the most dangerous titan shifter so far.



 

I Am Jager

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Cuba
There is some foreshadowing there with Mikasa and Armin and specifically the outside world theme that keeps appearing throughout the manga.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Think about it for one minute, she has headaches like Eren,

she is always with Eren or will go wherever he goes (to protect him).
Mikasa was shown to had hit her head pretty badly when Eren attacked her.

She loves him, as family but also romantically.


he says that he felt like he was having a really long dream and she was alarmed
Eren was crying.

There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
Metaphor.
It refers to when Eren saved her from the Slavers after she lost her family.
Hence her expression in the flashback when she was kidnapped, she gave up.
Mikasa even says without her mother and father everywhere is too cold for her.
That's when she encountered Eren and became part of the Jäger family.
 
Last edited:

Grungie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
That sounds to me like when Eren first died and then became a titan, Ymir said that she died once and she is a titan.
hmmm, this is just a theory but potentially, given her immense skills in all areas, Mikasa could be the most dangerous titan shifter so far.

Nope, I doubt. She meant she had already lost her previous family. She had in mind that she was so lucky having new family(Eren, Grisha, Carla) and so she would do everything to keep Eren alive. In my opinion her words were a metaphor, unlike Ymir's case. But I can be wrong, we don't know the mechanism of transformation and its conditions yet.


Edit: Yeah Beatrice, you've forestalled me ;p
 
Last edited:

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
...There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
That sounds to me like when Eren first died and then became a titan, Ymir said that she died once and she is a titan.
hmmm, this is just a theory but potentially, given her immense skills in all areas, Mikasa could be the most dangerous titan shifter so far.
It looks like she is referring to the moment when her parents die and Eren save her from those slave traders, but you know what? You could be right, It could be a clue from Isayama, like a word play. I like thinking that way, whenever I reread the manga I think of Isayama saying this: "I'm telling you, watch closely" :zomg.
 

Bandreus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In my opinion her words were a metaphor, unlike Ymir's case.
Actually I think Ymir's "I died" was a metaphor as well.
 

Grungie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Actually I think Ymir's "I died" was a metaphor as well.
Well, I meant she died once as a titan (for real). (Like she said : "And I died for the happiness of a great many people") But I know what you mean. Of course we can consider it as a metaphor as well. Like her "death" was that nightmare which lasted about 60 years. Poor Ymir :<
 
Last edited:

Bandreus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Well, by saying "I died" one could simply mean "to lose everything one cared about", just like with Mikasa's case.

In fact, by the little info we have about Ymir, it's implied she once was someone important and her previous life was all about living the life she was supposed to live (i.e. what sociaty expected her to do and act like, as opposed as following her own desires), hence her resolve to "living for my own sake" after she got her second chance.

In that respect, her being let down (used/abandoned/betrayed) by the very people she dedicated her own life to, you could very well say that had to be like dieing.

So I think the "I died" part is referring to something before her becoming a Titan, or possibly the very fact act of becoming a Titan itself.
 

zurajanai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
I know that a lot of it could be a metaphor for something else, but if we took it quite literally then it kind of makes sense http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/2/25. I think isayama is dropping some hints though if she does turn out to be one. Like 4 out of the top 5 trainees are titans (except mikasa...yet :teehee), she has headaches, her asian background which we know nothing about but could be the reason why she has badass abilities. Heck if she transforms into a titan then she would protect eren and he would have badass security (if titans are driven by their will only that is). i admit the mission thing is a bit extreme but i think she would still be his ultimate shield
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I think she is a shifter too, and not just that but also a beast titan like the ape. I also think Isayama is giving us hints, I think she isn't protecting Eren because she is grateful to him for saving her life, there is something bigger, just think about the first chapter, when she told Eren, "see you later" in the "dream"... she is a key char in this story.
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Simply she can't be a titan.
When Eren was officially dead she wander totally crazy killing titans till she found herself weaponless and out of gas cornered by two 15m class titan.
We know one was Eren shifted but imo at that time and even before Mikasa would reveal her titan nature, no sense to continue hide her powers while Eren was already dead.
That's cleary sure she can't be a shifter at all.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I mean she is a shifter but she doesn't know it, similar to Eren case. I think we have to wait until her death to know the truth :derp (unless somebody cut off the nape of her neck, then we will never know :gwah).
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
This is a crazy plot -.-

She is and she doesn't know till she's dead? Yeah... Clear...
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
This is a crazy plot -.-

She is and she doesn't know till she's dead? Yeah... Clear...
Of course, same as Eren, he didn't know after he agonize inside the belly of that bearded titan :^_^.
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nope. He remembered the serum injection nope? However I think that Mikasa would be shift in a lot of occasion even if unconscious of that like after Eren death, while fighting Annie with Levi etc.
 

mesarge

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Nope. He remembered the serum injection nope? However I think that Mikasa would be shift in a lot of occasion even if unconscious of that like after Eren death, while fighting Annie with Levi etc.
Don't you have to get cut to become a Titan? Like, first time Eren lost his motherfucking leg and didn't change into anything, got pissed, entered into the mouth of a Titan to get Armin out (didn't change), then lost his arm in a bite, and then, JUST then, when inside the belly of that titan, just then, he did become a Titan. Mikasa's most horrible wound so far is when she hit her head lol, she has been in near-death situations but nothing like Eren's case...
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ok. Let me say this then: I really hope she's not a titan ^^
 

ImmortalZodd

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2013
Messages
146
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Don't worry, she's not. There's not even a slightest evidence nor hint that she is.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Don't worry, she's not. There's not even a slightest evidence nor hint that she is.
She isn't as far as you know, but nobody knows what Isayama has in mind. :3c.
 
Top